Twitter: The 2019 Draft Class

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Too early to draw definitive conclusions on this class. However, it is entirely accurate to state that it is very underwhelming to this point. Despite what the homers try to tell you, your 2nd round pick should be contributing; ours is not, and often doesn't even make the game day roster, even at the weakest position on our roster. Alarm bells are ringing, loudly.

Pollard is producing, McGovern might next year, and who knows about wilson. I'm confident in saying outside those 3 players, this class is bad. If these guys turn into solid players, then this class can be salvaged.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Didn't say it was. Just adding some perspective. Why don't you take a look around the league before judging, unless you are happy complaining without giving people a fair shot.
I have taken a look and lots of teams are getting contributuins from multiple rookies. I think there was a top ten list on nfl. Com just two days ago

jjktkk

Reaction score
So two years from now will we still be counting Cooper like we are grading on some curve so the slow kids feel better about themselves?

Eliminate Cooper from it.
Why? Should I cover my eyes and pretend the Amari Cooper trade didn't happen?
Grade the draft on its individual merit.
Have can you properly evaluate an entire draft class after a HALF SEASON? Why are so many media folks, and fans in a such a hurry to evaluate and grade draft picks and entire drafts?[/QUOTE]

We had a two. We blew it. Start from there.
Again I still can't believe you're already labeling the Tristan Hill pick a bust after a HALF SEASON. Are you trying the get ahead of everyone to be the 1st "I told you so" crowd regarding Hill? Why not see how Hill looks after a full offseason in the weight room?

jjktkk

Reaction score
Draft re-do:
2(58) Juan Thornhill S Virginia
3(90) Dawson Knox TE Ole Miss
4(128) Isaiah Johnson CB Houston
5a(158) Charles Omenihu DE Texas
5b(165) Gardner Minshew QB Washington State
6(213) Donovan Wilson S Texas A&M
7a(218) Preston Williams WR Colorado State
7b(241) Jalen Jelks DE Oregon

I think we blew the 2nd round pick big time, felt that way at the time

I understand taking McGovern in the 3rd, but I like Knox's potential

Pollard is legit but I think Isaiah Johnson has special athletic ability

Omenihu seemed like exactly our type of player...position flex, hustles, etc. Has had two sacks so far for Texans

Obviously, everyone missed on Minshew. I'm just not a believer in Cooper Rush so would have taken a chance on the gutsy Wazzou product

Donovan Wilson was a pet cat of mine and would have still taken him despite hitting a homerun with Thornhill earlier

Loved Preston Williams last year, despite of off-field concerns. Through Gallup should have had some insight into his Colorado State teammate. Has looked good for Dolphins so far (27 REC, 1 TD)

I've watched Jelks since his junior year at Desert Vista HS. Really liked that pick. I think he can be a poor man's Danielle Hunter
I'm still baffled as to why you're not employed by a NFL team.;)