Twitter: The 2019 Draft Class

Mobinvans

Reaction score
There are a group of idiotic clownzone losers that have declared that the Cowboys 2019 draft was a failure.

Most people with an IQ above that of a person in a coma believe that draft classes can't be judged by mid-season of year 1.

Most of the non-comatose level IQ fans would not expect much in year one other than what the 1st round pick provides.

The Cowboys 1st round pick has out-performed all others.

That whole paragraph you typed was babble

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love how people are freaking out bc Detroit signed a 5th round draft pick that Barry made our practice squad .....
I dont think that's the reason, take a closer look at the list and the contributions we have gotten....

Hardline

Reaction score
Right. I have a feeling 3 of these guys are going to make naysayers eat their words. Not sure which three but Wilson and Pollard are my favs.
I'm not ready to write off Hill yet either.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Lets revisit this two years from now.
So two years from now will we still be counting Cooper like we are grading on some curve so the slow kids feel better about themselves?

Eliminate Cooper from it. He was a sunk cost. Grade the draft on its individual merit.

We had a two. We blew it. Start from there.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Pollard is definitely a hit. I think Wilson and Mcgovern will be hits as well. If they pan out it will be an OK class. If Trysten Hill pans out as well or would be a good class.

Beaker42

Reaction score
everybody *****ed about not drafting a DT.
they finally do...and still no one's happy.
doesn't really matter what they do.
Id have prefered one of those S's...Thornhill or Adderly...but Im not gonna give up on these guys year 1.
give'm a chance.
It’s because he was a lesser player available at the point we took him. We could’ve taken Thornhill and STILL GOTTEN HILL two picks later.

CapnB

Reaction score
Amari Cooper: Top 3 player on the team.

Trysten Hill: Not ready

Connor McGovern:
  • Coaches were impressed before he got injured.
  • Based on OTAs they expected him to be a contributor this season.
  • That is why they didn't put on on PUP to start camp.
  • They wanted him to be able to participate in walk-thru practices.
  • Unfortunately he had a setback (re-injured his original injury).

Tony Pollard: Offensive Star of the preseason and has played more than most fans would expect for a 4th round rookie RB with Zeke as the starter.

Michael Jackson: Good enough that another team used a spot on their 53 to sign him.

Joe Jackson: Has been active more often than not. Rookie 5th round picks on DL rarely get playing time if they even make the team.

Donovan Wilson: Defensive Star of the Preseason games.

Mike Weber: Where else would a 7th round rookie RB on a team with the highest paid starter and burgeoning star as a backup be stashed unless he was a special teams star?

Jalen Jelks: They found a way to retain him. They give scrubs that get injured in the preseason an injury settlement. They don't them on IR.

Yeah but they aren't 6 future hof'ers so the entire class is a bust.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really don't care about his age but did anyone realize Thornhill was already 24? Might've played a part in their decision to go with Hill at DT.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I really don't care about his age but did anyone realize Thornhill was already 24? Might've played a part in their decision to go with Hill at DT.
This is a pretty big stretch.

The more likely answer is that Marinelli wanted him and he got him.

I hardly think they sat there and thought about the chronological age of the prospect and used that fact as some sort of tie-breaker..

But if that possibility makes you feel better. Okay.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It was a garbage draft and we went into it thinking we already had every position field and just needed depth (which none of them are good depth anyways)

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Chase Winovich was taken at pick #77 , 19 selections after Hill , and he has 4.5 sacks....................I truly hope I'm wrong about the kid , but being a healthy scratch every week after being drafted in the 2nd round is not a good start...........................

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a pretty big stretch.

The more likely answer is that Marinelli wanted him and he got him.

I hardly think they sat there and thought about the chronological age of the prospect and used that fact as some sort of tie-breaker..

But if that possibility makes you feel better. Okay.

I wasn't stating it as fact. I Was making a suggestion. I wasn't in the war room with them. I remember reading last year they didn't think highly of Ridley because of his age.

They evaluated Hill and liked him. I'm not one of these morons who rue everytime they screw up a pick. They aren't going to get all of them right. They have a certain arrogance about how they draft guys and they are confident in them. They need to continue to do that regardless of what fans want and say. If Fans had their way LVE wouldn't be here in Dallas.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was a garbage draft and we went into it thinking we already had every position field and just needed depth (which none of them are good depth anyways)
Wasn't that. When you lack a 1st round pick and your first pick is a late 2nd rounder........your draft changes dramatically. I never saw this team drafting a strong safety with the 2nd pick in the draft......he'd have to be a for sure star in order for them to do it like Jamal Adams....I'm actually shocked they even trade for Jamal Adams being the position he plays.