The 2026 NFL (and Cowboys) Reset

Respectively and without deep dive analysis......that call was atrocious

Perhaps the hands up was to the refs saying "wth"
How would Bland know the flag was automatically for him when there could have been a pushoff that he would have applauded?
 
How would Bland know the flag was automatically for him when there could have been a pushoff that he would have applauded?
If his hands up were before the flag it could be interpreted as " Dude just pushed off on me" IE call offense PI

The fact of the matter is that offensive PI is called less than 20% in the NFL( compared to defense PI) and I would wager that its actually rarer than that......ergo, empirical evidence demand that he (and we ) expect defensive PI over offensive PI

But im not telling you anything you dont know.....and for the record the refs did the Texans no favors by giving them 13 penalties.
 
I would say that if the refs didn't blow some Houston calls when they stopped Dallas 27 times at the goal line but finally they scored because of all the chances they were given, Dallas doesn't score there, the game was going to be over. And we are 1-3.
People consistently ignore the timing of calls. Some holding calls are irrelevant, others are game changing.
 
If his hands up were before the flag it could be interpreted as " Dude just pushed off on me" IE call offense PI

The fact of the matter is that offensive PI is called less than 20% in the NFL( compared to defense PI) and I would wager that its actually rarer than that......ergo, empirical evidence demand that he (and we ) expect defensive PI over offensive PI

But im not telling you anything you dont know.....and for the record the refs did the Texans no favors by giving them 13 penalties.
Looked to me as if the refs went overboard to keep us in the game.
 
People consistently ignore the timing of calls. Some holding calls are irrelevant, others are game changing.
Ive always admired the fact that when Brady was playing ,none of the Patriots offensive lineman ever held anybody on final drives......never

Same thing with Rodgers and Roethlisberger lineman....never
 
that would normally be holding, unless and until the defender’s feet are taken away from him by the blocker’s action.
that is a stupid part of the rule, also taken to the ground.
All def linemen have to do to get that call is go to the ground.
I think I would coach my guys to go to the ground alot in those situations and get a ton of calls.

In the play shown above, 78 didnt take the guy down , it was the def player who just wen down at the end, on his own.
 
What did Schooner do for us to use a 2nd on him?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just bad evaluation by cowboys, he should have been a 6th round pick.
But not as bad as some others, like the rapper,drive by shooter guy who could even play at all.
He should have been a udfa lol or just not have any interest in him at all.
 
If his hands up were before the flag it could be interpreted as " Dude just pushed off on me" IE call offense PI

The fact of the matter is that offensive PI is called less than 20% in the NFL( compared to defense PI) and I would wager that its actually rarer than that......ergo, empirical evidence demand that he (and we ) expect defensive PI over offensive PI

But im not telling you anything you dont know.....and for the record the refs did the Texans no favors by giving them 13 penalties.
No, when DBs complain about a pushoff they do the signal for pass interference which is that pushing motion. Bland did a "I didn't do anything" gesture. Why act guilty if you're innocent?

I agree with you on PI though. I thought about this because it seems receivers get away with a lot of pushoffs so far. Pickens has several times this season. If the league wants to promote offense like we think they do you would allow pushoffs so catches can be made and offenses can move.
 
that is a stupid part of the rule, also taken to the ground.
All def linemen have to do to get that call is go to the ground.
I think I would coach my guys to go to the ground alot in those situations and get a ton of calls.

In the play shown above, 78 didnt take the guy down , it was the def player who just wen down at the end, on his own.
That's why the rule says "by the blocker's action." If the guy goes down on his own the ref can say it wasn't the OL that did it. Here, Steele keeps pushing and did appear to push from the back before the DL went down prompting the flag. If that was a flop, I would think the DL would immediately look to the ref to plead for the flag but as he was solely trying to make a bee line to Dak, that wasn't a flop, IMO.
 
I typed this “that’s what happens when you don’t have football people running the front office

But Jerry and Stephen have both been at this for 37 years.

That’s more experience than anyone currently active in the league. Second is Andy Reid at 35 years.

So, there’s no denying they are “football people”. They’re just bad at it. And that’s why we’ll not win another Super Bowl with them in place.


are they bad because you dont know or are they good because you still dont get it?

the two are very different.


Spoiler Alert, they are wonderful at their goal, and at the same time, NOT doing what you think they are doing.
 
Big Dog, my take on the Cowboys at this point is because the defense is still a mess trying to figure it out, our offense must score on almost every possession.

Unfortunately that puts enormous pressure on the offense. There will be a few times we run into a defense that can get a few stops. Which then puts us in danger.

Until that dilemma is fixed, we will remain a mediocre football team.
I will believe the defense took. Turn for the better when these things happen.

1. They can get sacks every game
2. They can’t get some interceptions and get fumble recoveries.
3. Stop seeing wide open receivers on about every play.

But they also need to be consistent and have these or some in every game.

Yes receivers will get open, but must be cut down.
They may not get turnovers every game either. But they mist get the sacks and create more pressures to cause errant throws.

If they can string together some of those in the next 3 or 4 games then I may start to believe they are on their way to that reset.
 
Since your OP mentions the NFL along with the Cowboys Bob I offer up this opinion and that is:

Philly might even be doing a sneaky re-set for the future right now as well. Cuz I respect Roseman as one of the best GMs in the biz and he now has 2 1sts and 2 2nds in the 28 draft.

I know hogwash, cuz it's only 4 games into the season but if Devonta Smith or Saquon went on IR or another decent to good starter is traded I wouldn't bet against him.

I'll just call it forward thinking on Roseman's part right now. Pure speculation by me.

jmo
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,216
Messages
14,673,267
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top