The 21st century Dallas Cowboys have been a joke

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No one wants to say it, because we're mostly long time fans, but who are we kidding?

The 21st century Dallas Cowboys have been a joke, and will be until proven otherwise. If we were fans of other teams we'd be laughing at Jerry and Stephen on a daily basis - they're the gifts that keep on giving when it comes to mindless bloviating about their team who wins nothing.

People laughed at old Al Davis, despite his dusty SB trophies, as the Raiders floundered until his death. But is what's going on in Dallas really all that different?

I'm sad to say I don't have much confidence in this franchise as long as Jerry and his kids are running the show. I hope they prove me wrong, but I no longer expect that will happen.

Yay...let's beat the Eagles and see what transpires, I guess.
Yet, you keep coming back and complain more and more. :facepalm:

Proximo

Reaction score
This is why I laugh when I see fans on here making belittling comments of the Browns or Bengals. I consider us in the same category as them and so do a majority of young NFL fans.

Anyone who considers us in the same category as the Browns has to be mentally challenged.

If you’re going to bash the Cowboys at least do so intelligently.

The Browns have had only two winning seasons in the last 20 years, zero playoff wins, and zero division titles.

We are not even close to being in the same category. We’ve won more games in the last ten years than they have in the last twenty.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I use to always joke about how lucky we were that Daniel Snyder owned Washington. Now people are saying the same about us and the Jones family. What a sad state we're in...

ksadler1

Reaction score
I saw a statistic. Over the first 15 seasons since the realignment only 3 teams in the NFC have a better regular season record than Dallas. Only 8 teams throughout the entire league. So much for statistics.

The only statistic that matters is SB trophies. If your hanging your hat on winning seasons, playoff wins, division wins, etc etc, you're a moral victory person. None of that matters.

I'm not dogging you Flamma, I'm agreeing...

ksadler1

Reaction score
Anyone who considers us in the same category as the Browns has to be mentally challenged.

If you’re going to bash the Cowboys at least do so intelligently.

The Browns have had only two winning seasons in the last 20 years, zero playoff wins, and zero division titles.

We are not even close to being in the same category. We’ve won more games in the last ten years than they have in the last twenty.

Do you honestly think Cowboy fans enjoy complaining about this team every year? I know l don't. But it's the SOS with this team every year. How many SBs have we been to in the last 20+ years. How many NFC Championship games? None of what you mentioned makes me feel good about this team.

Should we all be telling the Jones family how great the past 20+ seasons have been and how special it was to see us blow home field advantage not once, but twice? This team, and the Jones family, deserves all the flack they're getting right now...

ksadler1

Reaction score
It makes no difference if we win this game. We could blow them out and it won't matter.

And it shouldn't matter. It would just be a start. Until this team can consistently beat both good and bad teams, it's just the SOS different year. Until this team can overcome adversity, it's just the SOS different year.

We've all read this same book for the past 23+ years. Should we expect a different ending this year? Hopefully this chapter ends with a new HC being hired and the GM stepping aside...

Flamma

Reaction score
The only statistic that matters is SB trophies. If your hanging your hat on winning seasons, playoff wins, division wins, etc etc, you're a moral victory person. None of that matters.

I'm not dogging you Flamma, I'm agreeing...

Yeah you don't have to tell me that. I've been through enough moral misery from '75 to '85. But ********, at least Dallas was in the hunt in those years. The seasons were at least enjoyable until they ended in failure. What do we have now?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it shouldn't matter. It would just be a start. Until this team can consistently beat both good and bad teams, it's just the SOS different year. Until this team can overcome adversity, it's just the SOS different year.

We've all read this same book for the past 23+ years. Should we expect a different ending this year? Hopefully this chapter ends with a new HC being hired and the GM stepping aside...

The schedule is such that this team can not contend for a championship. If they're winning this division it'd be at 9-7 in a terrible NFC East. Who cares? I don't. That's Cincinnati Bengals stuff.

Proximo

Reaction score
You're dead wrong. They're not happy about it. They're tired of the final result never changing...

There are posters on this board who vanish when things are going well, and post nonstop when things are going badly.

Yes, there are fans who enjoy complaining about the team, bashing Jerry, bashing Garrett, etc.

ghst187

Reaction score
There are posters on this board who vanish when things are going well, and post nonstop when things are going badly.

Yes, there are fans who enjoy complaining about the team, bashing Jerry, bashing Garrett, etc.

we bash because we care......:(