The 21st century Dallas Cowboys have been a joke

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Nothing will change anytime soon and as long as the Jones family own the team i really starting to believe there is no way for us to win it all.

Flamma

Reaction score
There are posters on this board who vanish when things are going well, and post nonstop when things are going badly.

Yes, there are fans who enjoy complaining about the team, bashing Jerry, bashing Garrett, etc.

Some of the biggest and best fans I have ever met were also the biggest bashers. Everyone deals with misery differently. I don't usually go the bashing route, but I often silently agree with those that do. The things they say.

Flamma

Reaction score
The schedule is such that this team can not contend for a championship. If they're winning this division it'd be at 9-7 in a terrible NFC East. Who cares? I don't. That's Cincinnati Bengals stuff.

The team is such that they can't contend for a championship. No champion got there due to an easy schedule. If you're the best schedule doesn't matter.

In 2007, '14, or '16, did any of us care who was up next? Bring 'em on.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How bout a lot of the fans have been a joke
Yet, you keep coming back and complain more and more.

Does Jerry give out gold stars for blind homerism? Is there a rewards program? I'm trying to understand why some fans take any criticism the Joneses personally.

Anyone who considers us in the same category as the Browns has to be mentally challenged.

If you’re going to bash the Cowboys at least do so intelligently.

The Browns have had only two winning seasons in the last 20 years, zero playoff wins, and zero division titles.

We are not even close to being in the same category. We’ve won more games in the last ten years than they have in the last twenty.

The Cowboys are better than the Browns? Let's start planning the parade.

There are posters on this board who vanish when things are going well, and post nonstop when things are going badly.

Yes, there are fans who enjoy complaining about the team, bashing Jerry, bashing Garrett, etc.

I'd love to celebrate at the end of the season but I've yet to have an opportunity to do so on a message board. I didn't fire that America Online disk into my old PC until 1998.

CWR

Reaction score
I saw a statistic. Over the first 15 seasons since the realignment only 3 teams in the NFC have a better regular season record than Dallas. Only 8 teams throughout the entire league. So much for statistics.

While the net result is the same, I do enjoy being in the conversation. Although it makes the inevitable fall that much harder to digest lol.

Thats how we differ from the Browns. We are a competitive let down.

Flamma

Reaction score
While the net result is the same, I do enjoy being in the conversation. Although it makes the inevitable fall that much harder to digest lol.

Thats how we differ from the Browns. We are a competitive let down.

So true it is. But I'd rather go to 3 straight NFC championships in a row and lose, than go 8-8 all three seasons. The losses hurt way more than the 8-8 seasons, but the overall season was enjoyable up until that point. Going 8-8 every season you go numb and the seasons ho hum. That's garbage.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
20 plus years without even NFC championship game .... so no way to a SB.

Elite teams are in contention for NFC/ AFC championship and SB every year or every other year .. a la ... Pats, stealers, even Seahawks and Saints ...
chiefs, packers , ravens , panthers come in the second tier ...

Cowboys have been mediocre

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Plenty take enjoyment in it.
Nobody enjoys it. We'd much rather enjoy talking about playoffs and SBs. You know the way it used to be with this franchise. Winning a mediocre division means nothing. And before you bring up the Patriots when is the last time they were 9-7 or 8-8 because that will be enough to win this division? Reminds me of 2015 when we had 2 wins and still had a chance to win the division in November.

Fmart322

Reaction score
No one wants to say it, because we're mostly long time fans, but who are we kidding?

The 21st century Dallas Cowboys have been a joke, and will be until proven otherwise. If we were fans of other teams we'd be laughing at Jerry and Stephen on a daily basis - they're the gifts that keep on giving when it comes to mindless bloviating about their team who wins nothing.

People laughed at old Al Davis, despite his dusty SB trophies, as the Raiders floundered until his death. But is what's going on in Dallas really all that different?

I'm sad to say I don't have much confidence in this franchise as long as Jerry and his kids are running the show. I hope they prove me wrong, but I no longer expect that will happen.

Yay...let's beat the Eagles and see what transpires, I guess.
I think you're exaggerating. They haven't been a joke but just a middle of the road team. Joke teams never win their division or a playoff game.
Sure, we've had a lot of negative situations but we've also had some good success too.
The Cowboys haven't been to the NFC championship or a super bowl. I know a lot of fans would change their teams history for ours in the 21st century.
My list would be the Bill's, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Raiders, Commanders, Lions,

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think you're exaggerating. They haven't been a joke but just a middle of the road team. Joke teams never win their division or a playoff game.
Sure, we've had a lot of negative situations but we've also had some good success too.
The Cowboys haven't been to the NFC championship or a super bowl. I know a lot of fans would change their teams history for ours in the 21st century.
My list would be the Bill's, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Raiders, Commanders, Lions,
And those are who we're competing with now. I don't know about the Texans though. Looks like they have a good future. The Raiders will probably be contenders once they get to Vegas. The Cowboys always stay in the middle. Nothing really changes here.

Zordon

Reaction score
Anyone who considers us in the same category as the Browns has to be mentally challenged.

If you’re going to bash the Cowboys at least do so intelligently.

The Browns have had only two winning seasons in the last 20 years, zero playoff wins, and zero division titles.

We are not even close to being in the same category. We’ve won more games in the last ten years than they have in the last twenty.
Is that you Mickey? :facepalm:

You can quibble about my comparison all you want, the fact is the majority of NFL fans view us in the same light as the Browns and Bengals of the world. We are the jokes of the league, the only real distinction is the Cowboys receive extreme media attention.

morat1959

Reaction score

This is why we post so much. It’s the SOS the last 23+ years. We haven’t had anything positive to post. You are a straight up koolaid drinker or kin to the clapper or Jones.

Proximo

Reaction score
Is that you Mickey? :facepalm:

You can quibble about my comparison all you want, the fact is the majority of NFL fans view us in the same light as the Browns and Bengals of the world. We are the jokes of the league, the only real distinction is the Cowboys receive extreme media attention.

You do not speak for “the majority of NFL fans”.

Any person who puts us in the same category as the Browns would have to be so ignorant about the game of football that they wouldn’t even be worth having a conversation with about the topic.

There are plenty of intelligent criticisms one can make about the Cowboys. Saying that we are the Browns is not one of them.

morat1959

Reaction score
You do not speak for “the majority of NFL fans”.

Any person who puts us in the same category as the Browns would have to be so ignorant about the game of football that they wouldn’t even be worth having a conversation with about the topic.

There are plenty of intelligent criticisms one can make about the Cowboys. Saying that we are the Browns is not one of them.
Setting the standard at winning playoff games, going to the NFC championships, going to SBs and winning SBs, the last 23+ years. What makes us any different than the Browns?

Proximo

Reaction score
Setting the standard at winning playoff games, going to the NFC championships, going to SBs and winning SBs, the last 23+ years. What makes us any different than the Browns?

The Dallas Cowboys and the Cleveland Browns are literally nothing alike.

As I said above, it’s not even worth the time to discuss such a foolish comparison.

There are plenty of rational, intelligent discussions and conversations that can be had about the lack of success of the Dallas Cowboys.
Comparing us to the Cleveland Browns is not one of them.

That is a complete waste of time.