The 3 main reasons this Offense is inconsistent, mediocre, and ugly to watch at times

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
How about enjoying 3 straight wins to teams we were supposed to lose to.
Just for for the night.

Start your negative crap tomorrow or the next day.
Jazz this is not negative or positive this is a realistic assessment of the Offense. The positive thing is most of this stuff can improve, though Linehan and Garrett have been coaching this way for so long they may be to stubborn or stupid to adapt and adjust. You have to admit this Offense can look pretty ugly due to the 3 points I mentioned.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'll answer for them. No. They drink their own urine to punish themselves while flogging themselves with a croc of nine tails. They will find misery in anything.
How old are you? What is a croc of nine tails any way? I was glad we won, but I realize with Garrett and Linehan in control of the Offense it will never come close to reaching it’s potential. What do you disagree with regarding my 3 points?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
By an amazing coincidence, our pass blocking declined when 60% of our starting OL went out with injuries. I'm sure missing two Pro Bowlers has nothing to do with it.
Correct we are missing 2 pro bowlers. It is also correct are O line right now has serious issues pass blocking, but again part of that is coaching( we are predictable when we throw), also at times Dak does hold on to the ball to long. The rest of the league doesn’t care if we have injuries. Did you know Washington had 3 starters on the O line out. How many sacks did we get by somebody besides a DB. Washington had 4 sacks. How many did we have? 1-2.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I give a ton of credit for today. We came out strong with an opening drive TD. We created turnovers, and had none. We answered their scores.

It wasn't perfect, but we beat a division rival in a must win game and took over first place. I'm going to enjoy this for a while.
I agree completely with your points, but to get to the playoffs, and especially be successful in the playoffs we have to fix the 3 points I posted. Can Linehan and Garrett change and improve?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
All I know is that the Giants, Commanders and many other teams wish their offensive line was as good as ours.
Our line is a good run blocking line, but below average at pass blocking. Garrett and Linehan make it more difficult for the O line also because they are so predictable in their play calling(That goes unnoticed by many fans)

zerofill

Reaction score
Our line is a good run blocking line, but below average at pass blocking. Garrett and Linehan make it more difficult for the O line also because they are so predictable in their play calling(That goes unnoticed by many fans)

I am not a fan of Linehan or Garrett as coaches. But, in some ways I think they are limited by Dak as well. I don't think they play to Dak's strengths, but I also think they feel limited with Dak as well. So it is a 3-way issue in that regard.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I will give credit where credit is due. They obviously made adjustments because there were zero sacks in the second half.

Zman5

Reaction score
The fact that we do well on opening drives in several games only to go down hill tells me it's the coaching. The scripted plays work but then the opposing team adjusts and we don't have an answer for a long time.

You think Dak takes long time to read defenses. I think it takes JG/Linehan longer.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Are you ever happy? This is a serious question. Do you get any joy from being a Cowboys fan? What do you get out of this?
I liked that we won, but as a long time fan, who has seen Superbowl winning Cowboys teams it is frustrating watching Garrett and Linehan coach. The issues Dak and the O line are having has a lot to do with this predictable and basic offense run by Garrett and Linehan. Are you guys drinking Garrett’s coolaid? I’m not, does that make you upset?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
#1. Linehan and Garrett run a basic predictable offense. They do not do a good job of scheming guys open( this is why Cooper is such a good pickup, he gets open with his ability only). Garrett gets extremely conservative at the end of games we are leading in. The only time they allow Dak to go no huddle is at the end of games when we are behind( Dak is at his best in no huddle, in my opinion). We do not run enough play action on 1st and 2nd down( again we are predictable, all the good offenses are NOT predictable ).
#2. The pass blocking is bad way to often. (Some of this is on the coaches though. See #1. We are predictable) Sometimes, Dak does hold onto the ball to long.
#3. We have a very weak intermediate/long passing game. Some of that is on Dak definitely, and some of it is on Garrett and Linehan, and some of it is because the O line breaks down to quickly. We don’t get enough chunk pass plays(take advantage of Zek’s run threat and go play action on early downs).
Everyone around here wants to blame one player or coach. This inconsistent, mediocre, and sometimes ugly( 3-4 three and outs tonight) Offense is due to 3 main factors. Me personally, I put the highest % of blame on Garrett and Linehan.
what you say is true, and why I keep saying it isnt just dak, it is the whole show, Dallas has many issues, that dont ever get corrected.
As for 3 and outs, every team has those.

The jones boys dont want dak running the ball like with read option plays, and that would help the offense, and the no huddle
should be something dak could go to whenever he wants to.
Maybe even let him call the plays .
but that wont ever happen.

When I watch the cowboys play , I often wonder if they ever really practice these plays, and with some things they do I
wonder why the coaches think that it would work.
But a lot of the issues cowboys have I see in other teams, too.

I just want them to get in playoffs, so last 3 games I have enjoyed even though they are sloppy wins.

Saying that I think of Jimmy and how Aikman said Jimmy would chew them out after a win if they were sloppy,
Now do you think JG does that ?????? I dont think so, he is giving out game balls and telling them they did good.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I will give credit where credit is due. They obviously made adjustments because there were zero sacks in the second half.
Your right. There were no sacks in the 2nd half, but I thought the ultra conservative play calling after Cooper made his long TD helped the Skins get back in the game. We consistently ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down with the Skins stacking the box. We should have went play action, but instead we ran it twice then let Dak throw it on 3rd down( predictable). We did exactly what the Skins were waiting for us to do.Have some guts and fake the ball to Zek and pass for the 1st down to run out the clock. Nope, we just kept punting it back to them.

Blackrain

Reaction score
what you say is true, and why I keep saying it isnt just dak, it is the whole show, Dallas has many issues, that dont ever get corrected.

The jones boys dont want dak running the ball like with read option plays, and that would help the offense, and the no huddle

When I watch the cowboys play , I often wonder if they ever really practice these plays, and with some things they do I

I just want them to get in playoffs, so last 3 games I have enjoyed even though they are sloppy wins.

Saying that I think of Jimmy and how Aikman said Jimmy would chew them out after a win if they were sloppy,
Now do you think JG does that ?????? I dont think so, he is giving out game balls and telling them they did good.

Garrett cant even stop Zeke from screwing around with the Salvation Army bucket every year getting us a penalty that almost let Skins back into game

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

You have a good perspective. I want us to make the playoffs too, but unless the issues I mentioned get fixed( can Garrett and Linehan change? )we will lose in the playoffs early.

Garrett had a huge smile on his face right after Zek lifted Dak into the bucket. That allowed the Skins to score a quick TD and get right back in the game. Garrett should have walked over to both of them and gave them the Jimmy Johnson look.