The 3 main reasons this Offense is inconsistent, mediocre, and ugly to watch at times

Alohawg1

Reaction score
The coaches are just inept.

They get production because Jerry provides them with talent.

Linehan is so bad about getting cute inside the 5.

Someone needs to tell the guy to run it 4 times if need be.

I was so mad I could barely breathe when they blew that 1st and goal from the 4 opportunity.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I was so mad I could barely breathe when they blew that 1st and goal from the 4 opportunity.

Granted, that was pretty bad. 1st & goal from the 4 shouldn't be that tough for an OL that's touted as being one of the best in the league. Especially if the coaching was up to par.

Last edited:

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I've been on the forum for a while now but reading this thread has clarified something for me. If the Cowboys win 3 games in a row criticism is not allowed.
Got it, I'll hold my tongue.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I've been on the forum for a while now but reading this thread has clarified something for me. If the Cowboys win 3 games in a row criticism is not allowed.
Got it, I'll hold my tongue.
Don’t bow to peer pressure. Especially by fans who by definition are fanatics. Not so rationale. I’ve been a fan since the 70’s. I’ve seen 5 Super Bowl Cowboy’s teams. I have high expectations for our team, unlike a lot of fans who post here, who are ecstatic over any win we get, no matter how ugly.
I enjoyed winning the game, but the offense was really ugly at times. I just stated the obvious.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Granted, that was pretty bad. 1st & goal from the 4 shouldn't be that tough for an OL that's touted as being one of the best in the league. Especially if the coaching was up to par.
Our O line is a work in progress. In general the pass blocking has been pretty poor, while the run blocking has been pretty good, but remember Garrett and Linehan make it more difficult for our O lineman to be successful because they are so predictable in their play calls.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I was annoyed when Garrett was clapping and smiling after Zek put Dak into the kettle. No wonder the players love him so much. We are not good enough to make dumb penalties like that! I wonder if Garrett even mentioned it to the team? I doubt it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Scheme
QB Play
Play Calling
I agree with those 3, but I would definitely add the O lines pass blocking. Everyone complains about Dak holding onto the ball to long, which he does 2-4 times per game, while the O line gives up pressures approximately 40% of the time. Part of the reason people call Dak, Dink it Dak, is because he has to get rid of the ball quickly or he’ll be sacked.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Garrett change and improve? Truthfully I don't think so. Garrett is not a master of the X's and O's, so he just blames shortcomings on failure to execute. Always has.
Garrett is so beloved by everyone, owner, players, a few fans sadly we may be stuck with him for awhile. If we could bring in a young creative OC and only allow Garrett to decide on the coin flip maybe we would have a chance to reach our potential.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yes just a moment of joy and celebration
Just because I didn't mention it during my post, doesn’t mean I didn’t have moments of happiness during the game, put the ugly offense, which will get killed by NO’s mediocre D, if we don’t start playing and especially coaching better, was more on my mind. I have high expectations for this team. I watch the game and look into the future. If we play like that vs a healthy team ( Skins were banged up) or a good team will we win. Whereas many fans, who post here, only look at the present. We won, great joy. No!, some joy but also constructive criticism too.

Sorry, if I didn’t jump for joy over this ugly offensive performance. I will jump for joy if we beat New Orleans.

We should all have high expectations shouldn’t we. That’s what I teach my kids!

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Don’t bow to peer pressure. Especially by fans who by definition are fanatics. Not so rationale. I’ve been a fan since the 70’s. I’ve seen 5 Super Bowl Cowboy’s teams. I have high expectations for our team, unlike a lot of fans who post here, who are ecstatic over any win we get, no matter how ugly.
I enjoyed winning the game, but the offense was really ugly at times. I just stated the obvious.

Believe me, I'm in agreement with you. My post was pure sarcasm.
It's only these last 3 games that we've seen any resemblance of an offense that can make an occasional burst, and that is mainly due to A. Cooper, not a change in Garrett & Linehan's stale scheme & play calling. But there are those here that don't want to face that. If our 'Boys can beat the Saints & the Colts I'll start to get excited. But not until then.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Linehan and Garrett are trash , i just want to see what a real HC can do with all this talent !

This team is full of talent , and is being wasted on this terrible coaching staff .
Imagine if we had McVay from the Rams! Would we still be predictable with a basic offensive scheme? Would we audible out of a run on 1st down with 9 guys in the box?

lukin2006

Reaction score
You said the work from Colombo was paying off. Couldnt really tell this in this game especially first half.

Commanders played Backups too, more than us and they looked better.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Has it ever occurred to you that JG offence is the reason for the slow start? Really, playing with backups on the entire left side of the line, including a pro-bowl left tackle and centre...yet Zeke cruised passed a 100 again. Yup, our line sucks.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Has it ever occurred to you that JG offence is the reason for the slow start? Really, playing with backups on the entire left side of the line, including a pro-bowl left tackle and centre...yet Zeke cruised passed a 100 again. Yup, our line sucks.
Do you know our O line gives up pressures at around 40% of the time. Again not all there fault. Our Offense is so predictable the other team usually know when we are passing.

Also, I said our O line is above average at run blocking.

Jipper

Reaction score
Garrett is so beloved by everyone, owner, players, a few fans sadly we may be stuck with him for awhile. If we could bring in a young creative OC and only allow Garrett to decide on the coin flip maybe we would have a chance to reach our potential.

I absolutely agree....when Garrett just focuses on managing the game he is serviceable and we all know he has shown he can work with the FO to build a good team...get him a studd OC and we’ll score 35 a game and win more

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Lol every team has a predictable offense save maybe a few plays here or there. Watch some tape of any offense and you'll figure out what they do given down and distance. The Rams are the hardest since they run 4-6 plays out of the same formation but you can still generally know what they are doing.
You don’t get. It is not just about being predictable on Offense. It is about using schemes which give your players an advantage over the other teams players. The Rams consistently help their players get open using creative schemes. Do we? The reason Amari Cooper is doing so well is because he is a great athlete with amazing change of direction. Cooper is getting open with his ability not our scheme. Do you really think our scheme is comparable to the Rams?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Do you know our O line gives up pressures at around 40% of the time. Again not all there fault. Our Offense is so predictable the other team usually know when we are passing.

Also, I said our O line is above average at run blocking.

I think I read that or O-line was ranked 11th or so. I'm fine with that, Frederick missing does not help, and it likes like the rookie left guard was a mistake. It will be interesting how the season plays out. Hope we get Frederick back before seasons end.