The 49ers gave us the blueprint on how to beat the Rams

Rayman70

Reaction score
Blueprint?? The 49ers basically beat the living hell out of them.. Matthew Stafford was hit 17-times and was sacked 7-times. The 49ers simply over-powered the Rams and beat them into submission.. It's no surprise though, the 49ers have owned the Rams for years.
Its about physicality. Rams cant handle it. Stafford gets real shaky when he gets pressure in the middle.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The offense cannot come out running basic routes. There must be crossing routes and USE Noah Brown. I don't particularly care about who is the number one; throw to the open receivers.

Slow designed run plays, will be blasted in the backfield. SF used their backs to hit holes quickly. Pollard out the backfield will be vital, but execution is key. Smart QB play and play execution will win the game.

The defense will do their part. Akers, will let us have one or two. Quinn must be aware of their tight-ends and receivers; they block as well as catch. Micah might have a bad day if not careful.

POLLARD got a lot of the slow designed running plays I hate them, we're losing ground instead of going forward! Get rid of the stretch plays

LysleE

Reaction score
We need to shore-up the run defense, especially on the right side of the d-line; control Aaron Donald, which is difficult since they move him around to create mis-matches; pressure Stafford like we’re capable; and stay balanced on offense.

The 49ers are a physical team on both sides of the ball and we must natch their physicality vs the Rams. This is a big game and we have to show-up and start fast. In the past, the Cowboys start slow, look sluggish and don’t match the intensity of their opponents. We need to play smart and physical for four quarters.

This game will be a good measuring stick for this team; the Rams are a talented, well-coached team. A win would do wonders for the Cowboys’ psyche and confidence.

Jipper

Reaction score
So you're saying the Rams will beat our Cowboys?

I'd say if I was betting it's worse than 50 50 that the cowboys win this one...I do think if our dline gets the push that sf had then we will have a better shot though

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We need to shore-up the run defense, especially on the right side of the d-line; control Aaron Donald, which is difficult since they move him around to create mis-matches; pressure Stafford like we’re capable; and stay balanced on offense.

The 49ers are a physical team on both sides of the ball and we must natch their physicality vs the Rams. This is a big game and we have to show-up and start fast. In the past, the Cowboys start slow, look sluggish and don’t match the intensity of their opponents. We need to play smart and physical for four quarters.

This game will be a good measuring stick for this team; the Rams are a talented, well-coached team. A win would do wonders for the Cowboys’ psyche and confidence.
Philbin needs to start Farniok back at Left Guard. Farniok is more athletic, more agile and fires out better than both McGovern and old man Peters. We saw this last game against feeble Washington how much of a disaster it was to bench Farniok pre-game and instead start alternatively McGovern and Peters at Left Guard. Neither of them got any push but actually got stalled at the line of scrimmage or beat.

Scotman

Reaction score
If we can absolutely pummel the QB and get 7+ sacks in the game, I like our chances against anyone. The good news is that our defense is capable of that. I don't think Parsons has felt good in a couple of weeks and he's still a monster. As he gets better and this defense continues to gel...watch out.

I think we may just beat the Rams.

Gaede

Reaction score
Our offense is going to get exposed. They've struggled vs bad teams. Now we've got Donald, Ramsey, and co to deal with.

That said, our defense gives us a chance vs. anybody.

mardwin

Reaction score
Divisional rivals understand the special dynamics of their opponents.

McVay owns our arse. He kicked out butts between the shoulder blades with a running back from 7-11.

Mcvay owns Dak arses, get that right. Mcvay is going to play against the Rush on Sunday who's about that perfect life.

heir

Reaction score
They did it mainly via defense, plus some good execution on offense. That makes me think the Cowboys have a chance to knock off the Super Bowl champs, not that it will be easy.
They have beaten the Rams 5 out of the last 6 times they have played. They just play them very well.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I was watching the game thinking the same thing. I don't know if the Rams will be able to control Micah, DLaw, Fowler, etc if they had trouble with the 49ers. No disrespect to the 49ers defense but I think ours is as good or better. Also put in playmaker Wilson and Diggs. I feel good about our chances. As long as Rush doesn't turn it over on offense I feel we beat them down with defense and win a close game IMO.
Remember that is the same defense that shut us and the Packers down on the road. They have a top 3 defense in the NFL. Our defense is close don’t get me wrong but 49ers are already there.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The niners have very good DTs and are able to stop the run and pressure the QB with front 4. That is the key to their success

we can’t do that

our defense is good but we’re not the niners
The 49ers have a better defensive line then us but we have the better secondary. Their cornerbacks are questionable like our defensive tackles.

quickccc

Reaction score
Wish we had our version of Deebo. The 49ers defense ranks number two. They’re a very physical team. The Rams are beatable but we’re going to have to have more offense/TDs on Sunday. Despite how good our defense has played we’re going to have a difficult time holding them down all day. I can see us winning this game but I can’t see it if we’re settling for FG’s all day. We’re going to have to come up with some big plays on offense. The Rams should be pretty pissed off after what happened to them tonight.

i think we do ..in Tony Pollard, - who ironically was doing a similar rover role at Memphis State.

But simply and plain , we just don't have that kind of OC in Kellen Moore.
If it were placed in McCarthy hands at the beginning, , that may be a different story.
RBs have been so greatly under-utilized and under developed under Kellen, imo.

If you see Pollard in motion, it's more as a mere decoy.
If that dude does to a KC Chiefs, he'd be game breaking factor in the pass game- once they've developed him the way Kellen did not , imo.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Yup, was just thinking about it. I saw Matt Stafford running for his life a lot. Bosa had double digit pressures, I think.

Dallas front 7 gonna eat.

shabazz

Reaction score
Meh, they lost to the arguable best team in the league in the bills and to a divisional rival that has their number....they are a playoff caliber team that will be very tough especially at home

Lol, he knows that. Just trying to convince us that the Rams are a bad team so he can blame our UDFA, 4 start backup qb for the loss, if it happens……..he’s easy to see through.

…….just more of the “Nobody but Dak” crowd showing their insecurities

75boyz

Reaction score
Blueprint?? The 49ers basically beat the living hell out of them.. Matthew Stafford was hit 17-times and was sacked 7-times. The 49ers simply over-powered the Rams and beat them into submission.. It's no surprise though, the 49ers have owned the Rams for years.

True. Another demonstration of power over finesse. Similar to how the Cowboys looked against the Niner team.

A physical team style that usually holds up against most opponents.

Hadenough

Reaction score
They did it mainly via defense, plus some good execution on offense. That makes me think the Cowboys have a chance to knock off the Super Bowl champs, not that it will be easy.
Jimmy G was throwing darts over the middle of the field. All are QBs float the ball and it's almost safer to throw towards the numbers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought Elliot was going to score a touchdown. But it goes down way easier after being touched than I thought he would. I wish Pollard hadElliot size

Zeke is fading fast which is why this will be his last season with the Cowboys.