The 4th down throw was behind Brown

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Another thing, why the hell won't dak run? We did more rollouts with Cooper rush last game. Why are we taking a guy in dak who has proven in the past to make throws on the run and making him into a pocket passer. Every single successful qb outside maybe Brady in this league uses their legs to make plays.
Good question, and is it the FO sending down the decision to restrict Dak in the pocket?
Or is it in Daks head and fear of getting injured, which btw actually causes more injuries.
Or is it both?

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's fair to disagree.. but I have seen plenty of evidence to the contrary over the years.. But yeah.. it was a monumentally huge play .. and I am glad it went our way..

Ronnie first I want to say I very much respect your opinion but I don't believe other than a handful of people on the forum that really dislike Dak that any true cowboy fan would criticize DAk after he made that throw and it was a little behind the receiver.

Honestly I think there's just as many here on the forum that are closet haters against Cooper Rush and really don't want to see him be too successful because of the way it may impact DAk.

I think to be objective you have to separate the people that are legitimately concerned about Daks Play and the people that just plain dislike the guy.

I really don't think that they are hard to differentiate as I am a fan who loves Dak but I'm very concerned that after a full season of training camp with all the number ones no injury to rehab and just time to concentrate on improving his game that his level of play was not back to the level of the beginning of last season.

Also I am elated that Cooper Rush as unathletic with poor arm strength and all his other faults managed to somehow get us a win.
It's about being a Cowboys fan with no agenda other than you want to see us win and you don't care who's under center as long as they're capable of doing it.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well you can start with the fact that he can make MORE of those throws more consistently and he operates the offense at a much higher level. Cooper Rush has two starts and the offense has scored 20 points in both of them. Dak has had the offense averaging over 30 ppg over his last 20+ starts. I'm no football genius but I think you win more games averaging 30 than you do averaging 20. But maybe I'm wrong. But remember that two year stretch when the Cowboys didn't win a single game in which they failed to score 30 points? How many of those would they have won scoring 20?

I know it's tough math but you can do it.. I got faith in ya.
Well there you go . . . Close the thread

aikemirv

Reaction score
Granny got some serious hops then..

His knees are about the same height off the ground as the defenders who is running. He may really be 10 inches off the ground at best. His legs are just up in the air
Really?

So stopping and having to adjust back so much that you fall down is "barely adjusted?"

Brown sees the ball and has to gear down..

What I'd like to point out here is that the safety is 10 yards over the top so if Rush leads him Brown probably runs for another 20 yards.. Maybe even scores if he can shake the safety.

Instead the ball is behind and basically the contorting of the body is what makes the tackle.. Look where the safety is where Brown goes down..

It was a completed pass.. but it was not a great throw..

On the 4th down he threw it through a window. He may have been a tad late but the placement was really correct in my view!

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with all of this. Rush got the job done, but he wasn’t out there making tons of plays and throwing darts. Could have easily had 2-3 picks on plays that hit Bengal players in the hands. He got the job done though, and I hope he keeps doing that. That’s what a backup needs to do.
Backups aren't usually super stars. Even if anointed by fans. Rush got away with those potential ints and had some rough moments that as fans with a win tend to over look.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ronnie first I want to say I very much respect your opinion but I don't believe other than a handful of people on the forum that really dislike Dak that any true cowboy fan would criticize DAk after he made that throw and it was a little behind the receiver.

Honestly I think there's just as many here on the forum that are closet haters against Cooper Rush and really don't want to see him be too successful because of the way it may impact DAk.

I think to be objective you have to separate the people that are legitimately concerned about Daks Play and the people that just plain dislike the guy.

I really don't think that they are hard to differentiate as I am a fan who loves Dak but I'm very concerned that after a full season of training camp with all the number ones no injury to rehab and just time to concentrate on improving his game that his level of play was not back to the level of the beginning of last season.

Also I am elated that Cooper Rush as unathletic with poor arm strength and all his other faults managed to somehow get us a win.
It's about being a Cowboys fan with no agenda other than you want to see us win and you don't care who's under center as long as they're capable of doing it.

unfortunately that minority is also incredibly vocal and obsessed with dak hate threads and enjoys trolling. Cincinatti is in no world near as good as Tampa. Anyone who thinks that just because they made the SB last year makes them this top tier team is nuts. You watch this year how fast they fall from glory. They got hot at the right time last year

Me personally i could care less what happens at QB but I know Rush isnt even close to Dak. A healthy dak would have put up 30 on Cincy and Rush would have probably put up 3 on tampa. I do see some quicker reads from Rush but that too could be because of the opponet.

The second half looked much different. Well see what he does against the skins and Gnats.

Blackrain

Reaction score
unfortunately that minority is also incredibly vocal and obsessed with dak hate threads and enjoys trolling. Cincinatti is in no world near as good as Tampa. Anyone who thinks that just because they made the SB last year makes them this top tier team is nuts. You watch this year how fast they fall from glory. They got hot at the right time last year

Me personally i could care less what happens at QB but I know Rush isnt even close to Dak. A healthy dak would have put up 30 on Cincy and Rush would have probably put up 3 on tampa. I do see some quicker reads from Rush but that too could be because of the opponet.

The second half looked much different. Well see what he does against the skins and Gnats.

Yep star got to agree with you there it's a hateful little group isn't it They scour the internet for any negative thing on Dak They can find.
And hey with Cooper Rush I certainly am not fool enough to think one rose makes summer

Along with one bad game from Dak doesn't make him a bad quarterback all of a sudden.

But one thing I'll say I don't care what either one of them have done in the past used to be don't count in the NFL it's what you can do now That matters.

The sample size from both players this year is very small but that is not to say there isn't reason for some concern with the play of our starter.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I only read the first handful of posts on page one but I hoped someone can clarify exactly what Romo said about a particular Rush throw. I do recall one play he was enthusiastic in describing, which he was correct in emphasizing.

This goes for any quarterback and any receiver. Just forget about names on the back of the jerseys for a sec.

If the defensive coverage is set where a pass must be thrown high to top underneath coverage but not sail over the receiver's ability to stop/jump/contort/layout/whatever in order to catch the ball, YES, the receiver has done his job exceptionally well and so has the quarterback. All passes are not picture perfect. The quarterback is not required to throw picture perfect passes. Real football is not Madden. The quarterback must throw catchable balls. Does not matter if the receiver twists his body into a pretzel catching a pass that only he should catch if he does his job.

Quarterbacks do not hand passes off 15 yards down field.

Just curious which pass-and-catch Romo was analyzing because ball placement is always critical, especially in tight coverage. It is highly likely Romo was correct in his assessment if Cooper fitted the ball where the receiver had an opportunity to catch it. Does not matter if the receiver looks like he was playing Twister hauling in the pass. (Younger members may not know what that last reference means). Allow receivers to make catches worthy of professional football. That is what they are paid to do.

/rant

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s very telling about posters who think Rush is as good as or better than Prescott. Just bank that about them and their knowledge.