Video: The 6 sacks on Eli Manning was a testament that the Cowboys have arrived. Defense wins Superbowls

robbieruff

Reaction score
Gotta be careful here. When folks begin losing arguments and being exposed they’ll try to lure you into a prohibited conversation to silence you. I’m tellin ya. There’s snakes in the grass. Move with caution
lol...thx for the warning but too late. Been there done that as far as that goes...less caution at this point and more an issue of compassion. If someone on this forum feels the need to jump down someone's throat at the smallest of (non) provocations, then he/she likely has much bigger issues in life than this place. Lmao...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For sure, I was encouraged but as I said, I’m cautiously optimistic until we face teams that will be lucky to win 5-6 games this year. Hell, it’s always nice to beat the Gnats but we just beat a team that has won THREE games out of the past 18, has an arguably worse O line then their bottom of the NFL ranking last year and has an over the hill, inaccurate, immobile QB and some people act like we just won the Super Bowl.

I fully expect our defense to dominate the next 3 games and for us to be 4-1 but until we play a worthy team and worthy O line then I’m not going to get overly excited, we’ve all been let down for over two decades so I think level headed people understand the restrained jubilation.

I can agree with that. I would like to see how our defence fairs as the season goes on. So far so good, but it's a work in progress. As far as I'm concerned, they're far ahead of where I thought they would be going into this year. That's why I suppose I'm a little more optimistic about our defence than most people.

keysersoze

Reaction score
lol...thx for the warning but too late. Been there done that as far as that goes...less caution at this point and more an issue of compassion. If someone on this forum feels the need to jump down someone's throat at the smallest of (non) provocations, then he/she likely has much bigger issues in life than this place. Lmao...
This is true!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lol, ok girlfriend. From now on, when you make an argument using someone else’s qoute just be sure that qoute is applicable to your argument. Get that son?

To be fair, @keysersoze is right about Pappy when it comes to Dak. I can acknowledge that Dak isn't perfect, and that he has obvious flaws in his game. There's a reason he was taken in the 4th round. With that being said, it does get very tiresome hearing nothing but negativity and shade being thrown his way from Pappy. If he were to do it maybe once a week or so, then I think he'd be able to get more people to agree to his points. However, when you keep bashing Dak like he does, then you're bound to push people away, even if you are right. If anything, I think he's probably pushing more people to supporting Dak. Heck, if you show any favouritism toward Dak, he calls you a "Dakbot" as he did to me on another thread when I was simply pointing out how our defence needs to improve, and how it helps Dak be better able to effectively drive the bus. It's THIS kind of stuff that puts people off his points, no matter how right he may be. THAT is why questioning his fandom is reasonable imo. I normally wouldn't do it, but I can understand why people might toward Pappy. We get it. He doesn't think Dak is a good QB. However, if all he's going to do is bash Dak, then what's the point? It's not like we're going to change QBs this season, so what's the use in crying about it as much as he does.

king987

Reaction score
Some of the "experts" will give more blame to the Giants O-Line than give credit to the Cowboys Pass Rush, cause that's just how it is. But the truth is, the Giants are not going to give up 6 sacks every week. They are going to make mid-game adjustments and help give Eli more time to produce.

But Giants had no answers because the Dallas pass rush was coming from everywhere! Ya want a good sign that this pass rush is very likely to be successful most weeks, if not all? Because it's not just one or two guys getting to the quarterback. They block one guy, someone else is getting through.

And as long as the Dallas Pass Rush continues to be successful, Cowboys are going to be a threat to anyone. It's up to their offense to make sure the defense's success doesn't go to waste.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cards offline revamped ....Giants the same .....Hawks another weak offline....lets hold all the defense gonna save the day talk till we meet some serious beef....either way the good news is they look improved ....the question now is are they good enough to carry our offense...? lets hope....
You never quit with the negativity. Never.

keysersoze

Reaction score
To be fair, @keysersoze is right about Pappy when it comes to Dak. I can acknowledge that Dak isn't perfect, and that he has obvious flaws in his game. There's a reason he was taken in the 4th round. With that being said, it does get very tiresome hearing nothing but negativity and shade being thrown his way from Pappy. If he were to do it maybe once a week or so, then I think he'd be able to get more people to agree to his points. However, when you keep bashing Dak like he does, then you're bound to push people away, even if you are right. If anything, I think he's probably pushing more people to supporting Dak. Heck, if you show any favouritism toward Dak, he calls you a "Dakbot" as he did to me on another thread when I was simply pointing out how our defence needs to improve, and how it helps Dak be better able to effectively drive the bus. It's THIS kind of stuff that puts people off his points, no matter how right he may be. THAT is why questioning his fandom is reasonable imo. I normally wouldn't do it, but I can understand why people might toward Pappy. We get it. He doesn't think Dak is a good QB. However, if all he's going to do is bash Dak, then what's the point? It's not like we're going to change QBs this season, so what's the use in crying about it as much as he does.
Perfectly worded post!!!! That’s exactly why I told him to research the origin before sticking his nose into other people’s business. I’m still confused as to why he’s offended by posts that don’t concern him.
This clown actually said he was offended because I questioned a post he agreed with. What The ????? It’s things like this that gets people hurt in real life. Fortunately it’s on the Internet. Lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Perfectly worded post!!!! That’s exactly why I told him to research the origin before sticking his nose into other people’s business. I’m still confused as to why he’s offended by posts that don’t concern him.
This clown actually said he was offended because I questioned a post he agreed with. What The ????? It’s things like this that gets people hurt in real life. Fortunately it’s on the Internet. Lol

Yup, and I think anyone that reads Pappy's posts can understand the need to question his fandom.

Techsass

Reaction score
Do you guys thinking the Dolphins are talking Super Bowl right now? Do you think you’ll find a thread on the Commanders forums with the word Super Bowl in it? The Bengals? The Bears?

Jesus lord, it’s week 2 and you’ve played the 28th and 18th ranked offenses. Everyone settle down a little bit.
It's what we do - every year. Usually starts around draft time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There’s a little gang of them here that have the same agenda. But I’d say he’s the leader of the pack.

Oh, no doubt. On a side note, my favourite English football team got thumped yesterday, so hopefully the Cowboys will have a better showing than my Cherries did yesterday.