The AJ Brown trade was brilliant for the Titans. I wish the Cowboys had their thought process

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cooper Kupp
Devonte Adams
Tyreek Hill
Deebo Samuel
Jamar Chase
Stefon Diggs
Justin Jefferson
Im not disagreeing with your current assessment, just saying AJ Brown has the talent level to be in the top 4 in this group, but that depends a lot on Hurts ability to get him the ball.
So I understand the disagreement.
Hopkins is top 3 suspension or not ill make a list when i get time sorry AJs not in the top 5 of mine.

Bigdog

Reaction score
it was top the OP and others.. dak was mentioned and again in posts after..the knocks dak takes reminds me of Romo both great franchise type guys who fall short of elite but their $$$ makes fan troll them. I get tired of it..no one appreciates a top 10 qb anymore.. its boom or bust around here..take ES22 off those 90s team, and have half the OL and other party's of the team get injured and not have Jimmy and that staff and Troy would be worse then dak or Romo we saw his ragged RS numbers.. that HOF team and coaches helped Troy be seen as elite..he played well in the payoffs and was very good QB not elite. Romo and Dak get flak over team/coaching deficiency's and it drives me crazy..

Mavs Luka getting the same nonsense, the guy cant play much better and some say hes ball hawk, selfish, and cant play well with others that's the blow back from his 45-12-8 near triple double it was his fault they lost lol right more blind hater trolls all over..Lukas a less athletic version of Lebron if you watch his game and yet fans already turning on him..

dallas area fans are just clueless, always looking to put the blame on star..
Fair enough. I just don’t think we would make the deal that the OP suggested. We have a darn good qb already.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hopkins deserves to be there as well.
By the way I also don’t think I’m putting Deebo Samuel in the top 10 not as a wide receiver I mean he’s a little bit better than Cordarrelle Patterson but really it is running that makes him a great player he’s a good wide receiver but he’s not top 10 and he’s close for sure he’s not top five or seven

Also don’t forget Michael Thomas either I know he didn’t play last year he said some injury concerns but before those injuries he was considered definitely better than AJ Brown but I guess that remains to be seen if he comes back healthy and plays well
I’d have a hard time picking 10 of the best there’s a lot of good wide receivers out there we’re also haven’t mentioned Chris Godwin Tyler Lockett DK Metcalf I mean Tampa Bay‘s got mike Evans I mean he’s he’s pretty good too I mean I’m not sure if I’m putting AJ Brown above Mike Evans. I know there’s not a lot of separation really from 5 to 15 so we could probably debate this all night some people have Ceded top 10 -12 area or soon will be more targets this year,..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So i looked it up and he was super critical of the playcalling.

What does that have to do with Dak?

That's what the headline said. You read the story, and Aikman says with single coverage rolled towards Cee Dee Lamb, he and Irvin would have played pitch-and-catch all day long.
The defense was designed to get Lamb the ball and dared Dak to make the throw.
Unless you're telling me Kellen Moore specifically told Dak not to throw the ball to Cee Dee in single coverage, Dak was in control of the offense and the passing game. He should have exploited that match up. He did not.
And anyone who watched that game saw that Dak was tentative in the pocket and didn't want to pull the trigger.
And this isn't the first time this strategy has been employed against Dak. But it was on a big stage when most football fans and teams are watching because it's the playoffs.
THAT's what I'm talking about!

I get sick of hearing "Dak needs a better line." Yeah, so does every other quarterback in the league.
Everything isn't going to be peaches and cream in the pocket. Dak isn't going to have the best offensive line in the league like the Great Wall of Dallas of the 90s.
So, he's going to have to make plays with what we have, until we get better.
Truth be told, if we build this Super Line in front of and surrounding Dak, what exactly is that going to prove regarding his skills.
Heck Tim Tebow (who I liked, by the way) would be a great quarterback with the Great Wall, the Hogs or the 80s Giants offensive line.
We need a quarterback who can take advantage of single coverage and not be scared when the defense dares him to win the game.

THAT'S what I meant by the 49ers showed the league who Dak is.

I'm hoping he was injured worse than we thought, and he was still recovering from the strained hamstring he suffered in the Patriots game.

I hope his tentativeness was a result of that.

But it's going on, what, year 7? We need to see more from him. This is the time he should be leading this team to football's Promise Land or at least the land of milk and honey (the NFC Championship). :laugh:

Now for the "He's just a Dak-hater" in three ... two ... one ... ;) :)

Ken

Reaction score
That's what the headline said. You read the story, and Aikman says with single coverage rolled towards Cee Dee Lamb, he and Irvin would have played pitch-and-catch all day long.
The defense was designed to get Lamb the ball and dared Dak to make the throw.
Unless you're telling me Kellen Moore specifically told Dak not to throw the ball to Cee Dee in single coverage, Dak was in control of the offense and the passing game. He should have exploited that match up. He did not.
And anyone who watched that game saw that Dak was tentative in the pocket and didn't want to pull the trigger.
And this isn't the first time this strategy has been employed against Dak. But it was on a big stage when most football fans and teams are watching because it's the playoffs.
THAT's what I'm talking about!

I get sick of hearing "Dak needs a better line." Yeah, so does every other quarterback in the league.
Everything isn't going to be peaches and cream in the pocket. Dak isn't going to have the best offensive line in the league like the Great Wall of Dallas of the 90s.
So, he's going to have to make plays with what we have, until we get better.
Truth be told, if we build this Super Line in front of and surrounding Dak, what exactly is that going to prove regarding his skills.
Heck Tim Tebow (who I liked, by the way) would be a great quarterback with the Great Wall, the Hogs or the 80s Giants offensive line.
We need a quarterback who can take advantage of single coverage and not be scared when the defense dares him to win the game.

THAT'S what I meant by the 49ers showed the league who Dak is.

I'm hoping he was injured worse than we thought, and he was still recovering from the strained hamstring he suffered in the Patriots game.

I hope his tentativeness was a result of that.

But it's going on, what, year 7? We need to see more from him. This is the time he should be leading this team to football's Promise Land or at least the land of milk and honey (the NFC Championship). :laugh:

Now for the "He's just a Dak-hater" in three ... two ... one ... ;) :)
LOL...so you are inferring your own interpretation of what Aikman said?

He specifically, because I read his entire quote-not just the headline, pointed out Coordinators do this around the league. Never once said Dak was at fault.

"There was a lot of single coverage on CeeDee Lamb," Aikman said. "I hate going back to (when I was playing) because nobody cares, but what I see around the league -- it's not just Dallas, I've seen it with a lot of teams -- a lot of these offenses want to scheme things. The coordinators, it's all about scheme, rather than, 'This corner is playing soft. He's scared to death.' Just run the route tree. Run a comeback. Run a dig route. Run a curl. Run anything."

"You're going to complete the pass whenever you want," Aikman continued. "(Michael Irvin) would've had 10 catches at halftime if they played us the way they played CeeDee Lamb in that game. ... The game is not that difficult. If I've got a great player at wide receiver and a corner is playing him in single coverage, throw him the ball. He's going to win most of the time."

Have fun with your agenda though.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
By the way I also don’t think I’m putting Deebo Samuel in the top 10 not as a wide receiver I mean he’s a little bit better than Cordarrelle Patterson but really it is running that makes him a great player he’s a good wide receiver but he’s not top 10 and he’s close for sure he’s not top five or seven

Also don’t forget Michael Thomas either I know he didn’t play last year he said some injury concerns but before those injuries he was considered definitely better than AJ Brown but I guess that remains to be seen if he comes back healthy and plays well
I’d have a hard time picking 10 of the best there’s a lot of good wide receivers out there we’re also haven’t mentioned Chris Godwin Tyler Lockett DK Metcalf I mean Tampa Bay‘s got mike Evans I mean he’s he’s pretty good too I mean I’m not sure if I’m putting AJ Brown above Mike Evans. I know there’s not a lot of separation really from 5 to 15 so we could probably debate this all night some people have Ceded top 10 -12 area or soon will be more targets this year,..
Well thats my point being that player stats directly are reflective of their situation, how the teams system uses that player.
If you think that Philly coughed up what they did for AJ to not be a focal point of the offense than I love the move.
Would love to see Philly eat a huge franchise investment.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That's nice!
Not too many moderate opinions here.
I have become numb, its a nice comfortable place where I remain a fan and interested, just not infatuated to the point of buying everything with a Cowboys affiliation anymore.
Havent even replaced my worn out Cowboys slouch cap that I need to replace because its worn out.
Not doing the financial endorsement thing anymore, not until I see a true turn around.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
LOL...so you are inferring your own interpretation of what Aikman said?

He specifically, because I read his entire quote-not just the headline, pointed out Coordinators do this around the league. Never once said Dak was at fault.

"There was a lot of single coverage on CeeDee Lamb," Aikman said. "I hate going back to (when I was playing) because nobody cares, but what I see around the league -- it's not just Dallas, I've seen it with a lot of teams -- a lot of these offenses want to scheme things. The coordinators, it's all about scheme, rather than, 'This corner is playing soft. He's scared to death.' Just run the route tree. Run a comeback. Run a dig route. Run a curl. Run anything."

"You're going to complete the pass whenever you want," Aikman continued. "(Michael Irvin) would've had 10 catches at halftime if they played us the way they played CeeDee Lamb in that game. ... The game is not that difficult. If I've got a great player at wide receiver and a corner is playing him in single coverage, throw him the ball. He's going to win most of the time."

Have fun with your agenda though.

Uh, I read it also.
No agenda. Just facts.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I have become numb, its a nice comfortable place where I remain a fan and interested, just not infatuated to the point of buying everything with a Cowboys affiliation anymore.
Havent even replaced my worn out Cowboys slouch cap that I need to replace because its worn out.
Not doing the financial endorsement thing anymore, not until I see a true turn around.
I am about where you are.
Enjoying it for what it is.
Now quit being lazy with the likes!!!

Ken

Reaction score
Who's supposed to take advantage of single coverage? The kicker? :laugh:
but what I see around the league -- it's not just Dallas, I've seen it with a lot of teams -- a lot of these offenses want to scheme things. The coordinators, it's all about scheme, rather than, 'This corner is playing soft. He's scared to death.' Just run the route tree. Run a comeback. Run a dig route. Run a curl. Run anything."

RonWashington

Reaction score
I heard Vrabel was totally not on board with this move. And Tannehill said it’s “ not his job “ to mentor Willis the QB. Sounds like fun in Tenn

tyke1doe

Reaction score
but what I see around the league -- it's not just Dallas, I've seen it with a lot of teams -- a lot of these offenses want to scheme things. The coordinators, it's all about scheme, rather than, 'This corner is playing soft. He's scared to death.' Just run the route tree. Run a comeback. Run a dig route. Run a curl. Run anything."

First, I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I'm not a Cleveland Browns fan or any other team. I don't care what Baker Mayfield or DeShaun Watson or Kyler Murray or Justin Herbert are doing in their offenses with their offenses. I care about what Dak Prescott is doing with this offense.

Second, let's assume that it's a scheme thing. That's equally DAMNING for the quarterback. You mean to tell me your quarterback doesn't have the sense and leadership to say to his offensive coordinator, "Hey, Kellen. I notice their doubling Coopi but singling Cee Dee. I can EXPLOIT this. Let me make the Niners pay for singling Cee Dee." Can you imagine Brady, Rogers, Allen, Mahomes not wanting to exploit what the defense gives them? Can you imagine an offensive coordinator of these studs saying "No!"?

Third, we saw the game. We saw Dak being tentative. We saw him get the ball out late. Whatever scheme we were playing, he didn't execute.

Anyway, you can have the last word.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper Kupp
Devonte Adams
Tyreek Hill
Deebo Samuel
Jamar Chase
Stefon Diggs
Justin Jefferson
Im not disagreeing with your current assessment, just saying AJ Brown has the talent level to be in the top 4 in this group, but that depends a lot on Hurts ability to get him the ball.
So I understand the disagreement.
One thing about Brown, which is why they picked Burks, he runs the type routes Tannehill likes and is used to from WR's. Same as Hurts, he likes that type of WR. The other element to Brown is tha he will make DeVonta Smith more effective in that offense.

And the other element is that Brown, being a player with Vrabel as the HC, was a good blocker in the run game. PHL led the league in rushing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard Vrabel was totally not on board with this move. And Tannehill said it’s “ not his job “ to mentor Willis the QB. Sounds like fun in Tenn
Those Nashville sequin hoarders were plenty pissed at Tannehill after that playoff game.