The AJ Brown trade was brilliant for the Titans. I wish the Cowboys had their thought process

Ken

Reaction score
First, I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I'm not a Cleveland Browns fan or any other team. I don't care what Baker Mayfield or DeShaun Watson or Kyler Murray or Justin Herbert are doing in their offenses with their offenses. I care about what Dak Prescott is doing with this offense.

Second, let's assume that it's a scheme thing. That's equally DAMNING for the quarterback. You mean to tell me your quarterback doesn't have the sense and leadership to say to his offensive coordinator, "Hey, Kellen. I notice their doubling Coopi but singling Cee Dee. I can EXPLOIT this. Let me make the Niners pay for singling Cee Dee." Can you imagine Brady, Rogers, Allen, Mahomes not wanting to exploit what the defense gives them? Can you imagine an offensive coordinator of these studs saying "No!"?

Third, we saw the game. We saw Dak being tentative. We saw him get the ball out late. Whatever scheme we were playing, he didn't execute.

Anyway, you can have the last word.
The main point I was making was that Aikman did not blame Dak for the SF game, you did.

2nd, All bringing up Aikman did was prove something I have been saying since around the AZ game, the scheme is the problem.

3rd, We don't know what was discussed or whether or not Kellen was open to making any changes. Everyone has worked for bosses that don't listen to the right answer or good advice. Also, because Dak is a great leader, you respect the chain of command- right or wrong- you don't cause a problem by not listening to orders.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
AJ Brown is good but not elite similar to Dak. The WR is exploding so instead of paying elite money for a good player they traded him and replaced him with a similar player on a rookie contract + got an additional 3rd round pick. There is no guarantee Burks will be a Pro Bowl WR but teams have to trust their scouting (including scouting their own players). In the 2020 draft the Dolphins were aggressively trying to move up from the 5th pick to the 1st pick in order to draft Burrow. They were willing to sell the farm. If the Cowboys offered Dak for the 5th pick and maybe the Texans 2021 1st round pick they would have likely agreed to the deal. We could have selected Herbert with the 2020 5th overall pick and been in a much better situation.
Aj Brown has some of the best per route run statistics in the NFL since he entered.

I stopped reading there.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
AJ Brown is elite.

And now the Titans are less likely to win a playoff game this year. So why would we want that for the cowboys? Im truly perplexed

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJ Brown is good but not elite similar to Dak. The WR is exploding so instead of paying elite money for a good player they traded him and replaced him with a similar player on a rookie contract + got an additional 3rd round pick. There is no guarantee Burks will be a Pro Bowl WR but teams have to trust their scouting (including scouting their own players). In the 2020 draft the Dolphins were aggressively trying to move up from the 5th pick to the 1st pick in order to draft Burrow. They were willing to sell the farm. If the Cowboys offered Dak for the 5th pick and maybe the Texans 2021 1st round pick they would have likely agreed to the deal. We could have selected Herbert with the 2020 5th overall pick and been in a much better situation.

This is what many of us have been begging the cowboys to do before the huge extension for Amari. Jerry and Stephen have never understood the concept of "sell high" in regard to players. They become personally involved with getting to know these guys and their natural instincts to reward and pay them kick in. That's why their management style has not and will never work. There are very few positions you sit on and pay the incumbent market value. WR is not one of them. Rb is not one of them. Every year in the draft and free agency there are plenty of very capable pass catchers available. Giving away Amari for a 5th was so dumb........ I am still stunned by the move. He could have been moved on draft day for a much higher price.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJ Brown is elite.

And now the Titans are less likely to win a playoff game this year. So why would we want that for the cowboys? Im truly perplexed

I guess you are really perplexed by KC trading Tyreek Hill. Not winning a playoff game is the norm in Dallas. They want something more in TN and they are smart enough to know that they can't build the team they want paying a WR 100+M.

Loso86

Reaction score
Are you now comparing trading a wr to a Qb....lol