The altitude in September is daunting

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Is it because they resemble the Eagles and their fans in their mindset? If so, I could easily relate to that . . . ;)
It must be that east coast snobbery and the fans that latched onto them after they won that S.B. still can't keep from strutting and think Flacco is a Godo_O
I'm so glad we slapped a big fat L on their foreheads last year:thumbup:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It must be that east coast snobbery and the fans that latched onto them after they won that S.B. still can't keep from strutting and think Flacco is a Godo_O
I'm so glad we slapped a big fat L on their foreheads last year:thumbup:

Aha, gotta say, that strikes a familiar chord. I've seen that for myself, as well. Nothing like taking 'em down a notch. :D

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wouldn't the word "altitude" be appropriate for Denver? Seems like it fits to me. o_O

For Denver, sure. For Arizona and Dallas - ya know, the other two September games - probably not.

I don't care how well Denver does in September, to be honest. I don't believe their success has anything to do with altitude because it should carry over to other months if altitude was the real cause of their success.

Somehow all the lower altitude teams are able to acclimate in October without ever actually being at elevation? Okay.

haleyrules

Reaction score
For Denver, sure. For Arizona and Dallas - ya know, the other two September games - probably not.

I don't care how well Denver does in September, to be honest. I don't believe their success has anything to do with altitude because it should carry over to other months if altitude was the real cause of their success.

Somehow all the lower altitude teams are able to acclimate in October without ever actually being at elevation? Okay.
It could be that as the season wears on the players get in better playing shape and the altitude has less effect. I don't really believe that but maybe.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think Hoofbite meant to say those games won't be held in areas of high altitude. Seems fair to say from that perspective. ;)
:huh:,,, man! I could've swore he said " live music is better,,,bumper stickers should be issued "o_O

I better go re-read that one

erod

Reaction score
If you are truly in shape, this altitude advantage that the Broncos claim really is minimal. It's the once that aren't in shape that get effected by the thinner air the most. Oxygen depredation is no joke.

It's an adjustment that has to occur over time so the blood chemistry can adapt. There are instances where athletes in all sports, including soccer, have ended up in the hospital because of hypoxemia. Athletes that have the sickle cell trait are at greater risk.