The argument to keep Jason Garrett for 2020

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He built 2 of the 5 greatest QBs in Cowboys history with his bare hands.

Which two are those? Romo was here when Garrett was hired and Garrett never did anything to develop Romo. As for Dak, as others have pointed out, Dak is successful inspite of the red idiot. In fact the team has to overcome his idiocy along with the opposition to win a game.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll be in the huge minority here, but I do believe Garrett will leave a special legacy behind after he's gone; a very positive one at that. He built 2 of the 5 greatest QBs in Cowboys history with his bare hands. I have a feeling Dak won't quite be what you have come to expect once Garrett leaves. He doesn't know winning playoff games, he doesn't seem to have that Parcells/Belichick nasty side where players become too afraid to lose. But what he does have is a special connection to the quarterback position. Andy Reid has it, Frank Reich has it, Doug has it when his confidence is up, Walsh had it.

Not saying Garrett is anywhere as good as those coaches. But he didn't 'accidentally' fall into 2 of the biggest QB steals of the last 20 years. Romo was already good when Garret came in. He was great when he left. Dak has been better than any 4th round pick I can remember since Jared Allen. That doesn't happen in New York, in Arizona, in Denver, in Jacksonville. It happens with Jason Garrett.

Not saying don't fire him. He's earned whatever's coming. But it may irrevocably affect Dak, especially if the next guy is not QB-centric.

LOL.

Let me read this again.

Yeah. LOL.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
What if keeping Jason Garrett is a better idea?

Truth is.. life with Garrett hasnt been too bad. We have had many 8-8+ seasons, have won division numerous times and Garrett is the mastermind behind our current playoff push. A new coach brings so many unknowns.

My opinion is, resign Garrett for 2020 and give Garrett an ultimatum: Win SB or go home..
You are such an optimist

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Who approved Carrot Tops request to join this forum and post? I just came home from 2 days of 8am hockey games to read these ridiculous threads? What is this the twilight zone?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Who approved Carrot Tops request to join this forum and post? I just came home from 2 days of 8am hockey games to read these ridiculous threads? What is this the twilight zone?
It was Mama Garret... they tryin to get her back to her room.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Which two are those? Romo was here when Garrett was hired and Garrett never did anything to develop Romo. As for Dak, as others have pointed out, Dak is successful inspite of the red idiot. In fact the team has to overcome his idiocy along with the opposition to win a game.

Romo with Garrett >>>>>>>> the guy who couldn't even hold up the field goal properly