The Arrogance of Jerry Jones

CWR

Reaction score
Let me first start this with. I really hope Garrett is out as coach, and I believe he is.

Regarding the thread title.

When Jerry sat there straight faced and said there is no timetable and hes not worried about losing a coach to another team it got me thinking about why he would say this.

Many scenarios came out. Mainly he knows what coach he wants and hes not worried. Or he has a deal in place with someone already.

Then the second meeting with Garrett was announced.

Now I am 100 percent convinced that Jerry doesn't care because in his arrogance in taking his sweet arse time getting rid of Garrett he actually thinks that because we are the Dallas Cowboys that any coach will drop everything to come coach us. He actually believes this. That is why he has no sense of urgency. And its a joke. This guy needs a wake up call in the worst way. What do you guys all think? If he waits until the 14th who will be left minus the guys still in the playoffs? He isnt even requesting permission to interview. This guy needs to wake up and realize that the rest of the league isnt stopping so he can PR spin letting his son go.

Thoughts?

I think the coach he wants is currently busy coaching, which is why he isn't in a hurry. At least I hope that is why?

Shuff

Reaction score
He is and has no right to be as the owner of a team that has failed for 20 years.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He is and has no right to be as the owner of a team that has failed for 20 years.
if he can pay for it, he's got every right to do what he wants with his team just as everyone has a right to decide whether to support him or not.

CWR

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure JG is out. They keep having these meetings with no resolution. Nobody knows what they are discussing...............but its obviously not a severance package.

Which is why I have to believe Jerry has an offer for Garrett. I think its a brand new made up position in the front office. Something like BFF.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then dont read it .
He had to read the OP to know what it says.

In any case, while it's true Jerry is arrogant, it's ridiculous to think he doesn't understand he has to compete with other teams for coaches, and it's also ridiculous to think they haven't been talking about candidates up to this point, or that he doesn't have names in mind.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I said it in another thread. Jerry is about to show EVERYONE exactly who is in charge and he doesn't care what people think. He's going to prove that he's the most powerful person in this organization and that Stephen has no influence, not that Stephen is any better. I wouldn't be surprised if this has been a strain on their relationship...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure JG is out. They keep having these meetings with no resolution. Nobody knows what they are discussing...............but its obviously not a severance package.
Jerry is obviously attempting to find a way to present himself in a more favorable light parting ways.

Either he’s looking for someway to keep Jason on in some capacity in front office or actively pursuing him another team and possibly even a TV commentator position .

Some transition that doesn’t leave him on the streets as a fired HC without a place to go which would go against everything Jerry has stood by.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is more than enough evidence, Garrett is NOTHING without Garrett and Garrett is willingly riding the Jerry train, because he knows he isn’t worth a damn.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You mean assistant GM. "NO, assistant to the GM." :lmao2:

Its good because Jerry and Michael Scott seem like the same guy lol.
It would be a Puppet position Jason would be comfortable with.

I think it comes down to whether Jason still wants to coach and if there’s interest this year for him around the league.

Reactions: CWR

ksadler1

Reaction score

And it shouldn't be since his contract is expiring anyway...

khiladi

Reaction score
yes. you can. cause whoever comes in needs to be able to hire their own coaches.

So then guess what? There is NO REASON to keep the Head Coach and have meetings over and over again... You get the point?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It isn't arrogance, there is literally no reason to do anything right now.
Not on Jerry’s behalf . But it doesn’t do Jason any service if he’s pursuing another team.

It would be similar to how Jerry sabotaged Romo from pursuing another team before Free Agency ended.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Ok? I would say that. There's no benefit to firing anybody right now.
good luck on that one. i've been saying it since THE DAY but people want to know where we're going. i do too.

but it really isn't stopping us from getting a coach jones likely already has targeted so the OH NOS GARRETT IS STAYING is just comical to me. if garrett were fired and no one hired IMMEDIATELY they'd OH NOS about that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let me first start this with. I really hope Garrett is out as coach, and I believe he is.

Regarding the thread title.

When Jerry sat there straight faced and said there is no timetable and hes not worried about losing a coach to another team it got me thinking about why he would say this.

Many scenarios came out. Mainly he knows what coach he wants and hes not worried. Or he has a deal in place with someone already.

Then the second meeting with Garrett was announced.

Now I am 100 percent convinced that Jerry doesn't care because in his arrogance in taking his sweet arse time getting rid of Garrett he actually thinks that because we are the Dallas Cowboys that any coach will drop everything to come coach us. He actually believes this. That is why he has no sense of urgency. And its a joke. This guy needs a wake up call in the worst way. What do you guys all think? If he waits until the 14th who will be left minus the guys still in the playoffs? He isnt even requesting permission to interview. This guy needs to wake up and realize that the rest of the league isnt stopping so he can PR spin letting his son go.

Thoughts?
the arrogance of Fans more like it thinking somehow Jerry owes them something by making decsions before he chooses to..

hes the Owner of a 5billion dollar plus Company, its business and there truly is no timetables to how and when a coach is let go or fired other then a contract which expires 1-14-2020..

its been discussed to death and fans lie you who start name calling a person like Jerry as if he is personally and purposely trying to hurt you in some way..he doesnt read this or let the public control his decsions nor does any business..

He had a plan and is executing it, only one team has hired coaches at this point and both were retreads who were fried, let go, on the street and wasn't on Jerrys list and thank goodness for that.. the college season is just wrapping up so coaches can start scheduling interviews and the Pros post season just started so this is barely beginning , the teams isnt missing out on anything at this point, if Jerry thought that he would have already made the move..

get over yourselves, you dont have clue ion how to run a pro football franchise and jerry owes us nothing..hes not here to satisfy our demands..

the sepcualtion and emotional responses come from Social Media and the want it now or else ideals of todays fans..

it will happen when it happens...

Now relax and go live your life lol

Ron12

Reaction score
Jerry who thinks he is smarter then anyone else has shown us nothing in 25 years at 77 he is an old fool !:facepalm: