The Arrogance of Jerry Jones

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s very possible who Jerry wants is still coaching and he can’t pursue him until their season is over.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
So then guess what? There is NO REASON to keep the Head Coach and have meetings over and over again... You get the point?
would depend on the nature of the meetings. like you and most on here, i'd love to see the headline validated of GARRETT GONE so we can put this behind us. but i have zero idea what they're discussing and speculating doom, despair and agony on me isn't going to change anything. if jones does something stupid with garrett i'll comment then. but i'm not one to say jones *IS* going to do XYZ and he's a freaking moron cause of it.

but many are happy doing just that and hey - their day, their time. but nothing is lost for next year cause jones isn't making us happy - today.

you get the point?

doubt it but it's fun to throw your own crap back at you.

khiladi

Reaction score
would depend on the nature of the meetings. like you and most on here, i'd love to see the headline validated of GARRETT GONE so we can put this behind us. but i have zero idea what they're discussing and speculating doom, despair and agony on me isn't going to change anything. if jones does something stupid with garrett i'll comment then. but i'm not one to say jones *IS* going to do XYZ and he's a freaking moron cause of it.

but many are happy doing just that and hey - their day, their time. but nothing is lost for next year cause jones isn't making us happy - today.

you get the point?

doubt it but it's fun to throw your own crap back at you.

Guess what? This is a football forum where people discuss what-ifs and there is also absolutely no reason to keep Jason Garrett around in the Fromt Office either when he’s promoting his scrub brother to Passing Game Coordinator in 1 year and then trying to force feed their pet project Kevin Ogletree into the line-up and when the Garrett family has been part of the stench alongside Lacewell for the last, almost three decades.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not on Jerry’s behalf . But it doesn’t do Jason any service if he’s pursuing another team.

It would be similar to how Jerry sabotaged Romo from pursuing another team before Free Agency ended.
Jerry is under no obligation to do Jason any service. Besides, it's not like he's blocking JG from interviewing anywhere.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Guess what? This is a football forum where people discuss what-ifs and there is also absolutely no reason to keep Jason Garrett around in the Fromt Office either when he’s promoting his scrub brother to Passing Game Coordinator in 1 year and then trying to force feed their pet project Kevin Ogletree into the line-up.
guess what - i am discussing my views also. while i've said time and again i'd love to see GARRETT GONE in big bold print also, i also understand not having it done yet has not cost the cowboys a single opportunity.

and since i have zero idea of what jones is wanting to do i'm not going to envision scenarios designed ONLY to get me riled up on what jones MIGHT do.

but hey - the panic looks good on you. have at it.

pancakeman

Reaction score
No, no, no. That still means you care. Anger is proof that people care. Jerry doesn't mind anger, in fact he thrives off of it. He knows that anyone angry is someone who deeply cares. What Jerry doesn't want is for people to just stop caring. No emotion is what Jerry cannot have. He admitted it in an interview. Apathy is the ONLY kyptonite for Jerry.
tenor.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
guess what - i am discussing my views also. while i've said time and again i'd love to see GARRETT GONE in big bold print also, i also understand not having it done yet has not cost the cowboys a single opportunity.

and since i have zero idea of what jones is wanting to do i'm not going to envision scenarios designed ONLY to get me riled up on what jones MIGHT do.

but hey - the panic looks good on you. have at it.

Nobody is panicking here... what is clear is you are crying about other people supposedly crying, while pumping your ‘stoic’ demeanor from behind the keyboard.

So guess what again.. there is no reason to keep Garrett, and we can say that despite the fact that Jerry is in meeting 3.

That’s why it’s a forum.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Let me first start this with. I really hope Garrett is out as coach, and I believe he is.

Regarding the thread title.

When Jerry sat there straight faced and said there is no timetable and hes not worried about losing a coach to another team it got me thinking about why he would say this.

Many scenarios came out. Mainly he knows what coach he wants and hes not worried. Or he has a deal in place with someone already.

Then the second meeting with Garrett was announced.

Now I am 100 percent convinced that Jerry doesn't care because in his arrogance in taking his sweet arse time getting rid of Garrett he actually thinks that because we are the Dallas Cowboys that any coach will drop everything to come coach us. He actually believes this. That is why he has no sense of urgency. And its a joke. This guy needs a wake up call in the worst way. What do you guys all think? If he waits until the 14th who will be left minus the guys still in the playoffs? He isnt even requesting permission to interview. This guy needs to wake up and realize that the rest of the league isnt stopping so he can PR spin letting his son go.

Thoughts?
Disagree with your entire post, but it doesn't matter.

have at it

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nobody is panicking here... what is clear is you are crying about other people supposedly crying, while pumping your ‘stoic’ demeanor from behind the keyboard.

So guess what again.. there is no reason to keep Garrett, and we can say that despite the fact that Jerry is in meeting 3.

That’s why it’s a forum.
heh - yea. that's it. i'm in tears in front of my computer at work with co-workers coming by to console me cause i'm wrapped up it the cowboys latest dramafest and i simply can't take it.

you know me so well. :)

if i were that wrapped up in the drama, i'd be making up scenarios as to why this is taking too long. i'd be upset cause it can ONLY mean garrett is staying. i'd be mad we're not already bringing in a new coach and the like. but none of that is happening. i'm just finding it funny people demand something happen TODAY that even if it did, tomorrow wouldn't give them what they're looking for. so - desired action isn't going to instantly give desired result.

and yes, i find that funny.

anyway - have a day.

khiladi

Reaction score
heh - yea. that's it. i'm in tears in front of my computer at work with co-workers coming by to console me cause i'm wrapped up it the cowboys latest dramafest and i simply can't take it.

you know me so well. :)

if i were that wrapped up in the drama, i'd be making up scenarios as to why this is taking too long. i'd be upset cause it can ONLY mean garrett is staying. i'd be mad we're not already bringing in a new coach and the like. but none of that is happening. i'm just finding it funny people demand something happen TODAY that even if it did, tomorrow wouldn't give them what they're looking for. so - desired action isn't going to instantly give desired result.

and yes, i find that funny.

anyway - have a day.

Who said you were in tears?

You aren’t making up stories about Garrett, but you are clearly making comments about how you are supposedly better than everybody in this forum that is talking about something that is football related, even if speculative, “in the name of being funny”..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me first start this with. I really hope Garrett is out as coach, and I believe he is.

When Jerry sat there straight faced and said there is no timetable and hes not worried about losing a coach to another team it got me thinking about why he would say this.

Many scenarios came out. Mainly he knows what coach he wants and hes not worried. Or he has a deal in place with someone already.

Now I am 100 percent convinced that Jerry doesn't care because in his arrogance in taking his sweet arse time getting rid of Garrett he actually thinks that because we are the Dallas Cowboys that any coach will drop everything to come coach us. He actually believes this. That is why he has no sense of urgency. And its a joke. This guy needs a wake up call in the worst way. What do you guys all think? If he waits until the 14th who will be left minus the guys still in the playoffs? He isnt even requesting permission to interview. This guy needs to wake up and realize that the rest of the league isnt stopping so he can PR spin letting his son go.

Thoughts?

Look it's like this. If you know Jerry is interested in you as a HC then you aren't dumb enough to accept another offer untill you hash it out with Jerry unless it is your dream job. If Jerry is moving on from Jason then whomever he wants knows it and is ok with waiting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is under no obligation to do Jason any service. Besides, it's not like he's blocking JG from interviewing anywhere.
Technically if Jason is under contract he can’t interview elsewhere for a lateral position.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Your posts have been gold
meh - i'm as frustrated as the rest of us. but i just remind myself that life doesn't move at the speed of my desires. never has regardless of how upsetting that used to be to me. :)

i get why people want this done and can have some salvation in knowing what our new direction is going to be. like i said - i can't wait to stop wearing out my refresh button in hopes THIS TIME we've got our answers and can now move onto the next great debate. it's just funny to me people take what they don't know and fill it up with what they *think* then act as if what they think is reality.

they talk through these times in their own manner, as do i. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

You aren’t making up stories about Garrett, but you are clearly making comments about how you are supposedly better than everybody in this forum that is talking about something that is football related, even if speculative, “in the name of being funny”..
you're right. i think it's silly to sit around and make your own fears a reality when IN REALITY nothing has changed nor been lost. but if it makes you happy to rant and rave, have at it. i've never told you to stop but i have added my own commentary as you are now.

as for funny - not up to me really. up to those reading it i suppose.

in the meantime, do you realize 15 more minutes have passed and garrett still isn't fired? this can ONLY MEAN he's getting a 10 year contract!! WAGUAGH.

is that better?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
meh - i'm as frustrated as the rest of us. but i just remind myself that life doesn't move at the speed of my desires. never has regardless of how upsetting that used to be to me. :)

i get why people want this done and can have some salvation in knowing what our new direction is going to be. like i said - i can't wait to stop wearing out my refresh button in hopes THIS TIME we've got our answers and can now move onto the next great debate. it's just funny to me people take what they don't know and fill it up with what they *think* then act as if what they think is reality.

they talk through these times in their own manner, as do i. :)
I'm at the point of indifference myself. Whatever happens I'm not getting overly excited until I start to see results. I did get my hopes up thinking this place would be more exciting during the process.

Ron12

Reaction score

Stop you need to get a Life !

kskboys

Reaction score

Thoughts?
Jerry is not football-smart enough to care.