The art of wearing suits/shoes

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
What i think is some people who don't wear suits don't like people who do wear them. Maybe they bought a car or a house from someone in a suit and got swindled and are now holding life long grudges. Remember this, the salesman's suit didn't force the buyer to make a purchase but rather it was the lack of understanding and qualities of the buyer which enabled the suit to sell them a bunch of garbage to begin with, so by hating people in suits they are really saying they hate themselves.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I miss the HC's on the sideline in suits, I thought that was a nice image and coaches like Landry and Stram looked sharp. Madden? Not so much.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What i think is some people who don't wear suits don't like people who do wear them. Maybe they bought a car or a house from someone in a suit and got swindled and are now holding life long grudges. Remember this, the salesman's suit didn't force the buyer to make a purchase but rather it was the lack of understanding and qualities of the buyer which enabled the suit to sell them a bunch of garbage to begin with, so by hating people in suits they are really saying they hate themselves.
The "Suits" have sometimes been seen as the enemy and I have known too many "empty suits" in my time.

Image used to be everything, like Tom Hopkins credo "to be successful, you have to look successful" and that was especially true when I was selling. Law firms did research on juries on color appeal and political advisors coined the term "power suit" and "power tie". The clothes did send the message and people bought it. A politician was seen as more credible depending on his suit and tie, liars' attire.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The "Suits" have sometimes been seen as the enemy and I have known too many "empty suits" in my time.

Image used to be everything, like Tom Hopkins credo "to be successful, you have to look successful" and that was especially true when I was selling. Law firms did research on juries on color appeal and political advisors coined the term "power suit" and "power tie". The clothes did send the message and people bought it. A politician was seen as more credible depending on his suit and tie, liars' attire.
Who's to blame the liar or the one believing it? I guess that answer is where people differ. If i get lied to and i believe it i like to blame myself not the liar. As you will.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
A thread about wearing suits/shoes has turned into a moral discussion which i never intended. Hopefully this thread will find it's way back to it's original intent.

If you don't like suits and don't wear them this thread is really not for you.

BillyBates

Reaction score
I like my suit to be on my cold, dead body.
No disrespect to the O.P but just not for me .even for my own funeral, camo real tree outfit or an Dallas jersey. I made my wife swear to put my casket into the bed of a Chevy truck for my burial. I never rode in a Cadillac when I was alive I'm not starting now.
I spent 20 years in a blue collar position only to be moved into white for the last 12. I'm around the stuffed shirts 1/2 the day .morons the lot of them. IMO clothes do not make a man. nether does an old boot make a pot roast.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No disrespect to the O.P but just not for me .even for my own funeral, camo real tree outfit or an Dallas jersey. I made my wife swear to put my casket into the bed of a Chevy truck for my burial. I never rode in a Cadillac when I was alive I'm not starting now.
I spent 20 years in a blue collar position only to be moved into white for the last 12. I'm around the stuffed shirts 1/2 the day .morons the lot of them. IMO clothes do not make a man. nether does an old boot make a pot roast.
"Daddy never was the Cadillac kind."

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Since this thread will not go back to it's initial intent (highjacked) i guess i will play along with the flow of it all.

I think some people here don't even know how to put a suit on properly and i think that's a sad state of mind to be stuck in.

The day is soon coming when they will have to put on a suit and if they would have taken the time to learn something in this life that suit might have actually looked good on them and felt comfortable at the same time.

Oh well.

Oh ya i almost forgot. Go Cowboys! :facepalm:

GMO415

Reaction score
29805970062_35f75a88a2_o.jpg

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I think a suite is a sign of a discipline person.I love it when I see a recording from the 30's and 40's even young kids wearing them.
If you are planing to buy a suit go to a tailor better let him customize it for you.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think a suite is a sign of a discipline person.I love it when I see a recording from the 30's and 40's even young kids wearing them.
If you are planing to buy a suit go to a tailor better let him customize it for you.
MW is doing custom ones for about 400 atm. I'm not sure the quality of the material. Brooks Brothers also does one for about 700.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
MW is doing custom ones for about 400 atm. I'm not sure the quality of the material. Brooks Brothers also does one for about 700.
Not a bad price at all, but i think a very good one will be around 1000 and up. As you said it is about the fabric of your choice.Alan David in NY is a great place.