The art of wearing suits/shoes

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I own two suits and will never buy another. I got a really good one that is gray for 2K and a cheap black one that was about $200. I rarely wear one and when that need arises, I got it covered :cool:

I am more of a toes in the water and butt on the sand kind of guy. I prefer casual and beachwear whenever possible :grin:
Yep, shorts, t and flip flops and Hawaiian shirts for formal occasions is how I roll now.. I make sure my Hawaiian shirt matches the umbrella in my cocktail for full effect. When the neighbors irritate me, I hit the patio in full Hawaiian mode complete with "Five Finger Death Remembers Don Ho".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never lost or gained more than 5lbs since my senior year in HS about 25 years ago :)

I am active, still play softball, scuba, whatever activity I am in the mood for but even if I was a couch potato....I would still not gain any weight. My metabolism is spot on and doesn't look to be changing anytime soon :laugh:
Hate you, really hate you.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I'm an 80s guy.

61eVoHfrS-L._UX342_.jpg

Easy to wear too

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Yes, I can see where it doesn't look flush/even. I'm thinking if you wear them more if might get better but if it causes you pain i wouldn't do that. As far as a self fix i'm thinking you need to apply some kind of pressure against it and hope it takes on a more comfortable shape. That might not work though, maybe a shoe repairman is your best bet. Never know it might be a cheap easy fix.

I emailed AE the pics to see what they suggest.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I wear suits a lot due to my line of work. Do you shop in store or online @Sarek ?
Once i figured out what sizes i like i started shopping online. Some suit brand sizes differ, especially the pants, if the stuff is not a good fit i bring it back for a smaller size. There is a MW a few minutes away so it's no big deal atm. In the stores the sales people try to throw me off course. I been recently buying mostly RL and CK suits online.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wear suits a lot due to my line of work. Do you shop in store or online @Sarek ?
Do you wear the Beatles suits with the little pointy toe boots? I had Beatles' boots when I was a teenager and man, was I cool.

Quick story about how threatened the people were about the British Invasion, and these were the same people that thought Elvis would turn us all into orgiastic sex crazed maniacs. OK, so they were right about half of it.

The first time I saw the Beatles, Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, I was hooked on the look and instead of combing my hair back as usual, I let it fall in bangs. Now, this is the same hair only not combed back. All the girls were really digging it and my buds decided they'd do the same thing the next day. The Boys Vice Principal called me in and said if I returned to school like that the next day, he would suspend me and to get my hair cut. I tried explaining that it was the same hair only not combed back and he wouldn't hear it.

Well, I was in a dilemma and knew my Dad would side with the authorities because he had already decided that if it was me vs the authorities, they were probably right 100% of the time. This was in 1964 and students didn't have any rights but I already knew that several of my friends, that I had told about his threat, were going to do it anyway because boys facing suspension or the girls all thinking we're cuter than baby butts is no contest.

I showed up the same the next day but had trimmed my bangs a little and about a dozen of us were sent home but the VP had made one big mistake. One of the guys suspended with us, one of my best buds, was the son of a very well known and respected judge and the judge's wife was a huge Beatles fan. They showed up that afternoon for a closed door meeting with the VP, P and Superintendent of Little Rock schools. The VP had to apologize to all of us and tell us as long as it was above the collar, it was acceptable.

The funny part of this was I was at the judge's house later that week and when he came in a couple of us thanked him for standing up for us. He just laughed and said "it wasn't me, it was my wife. She thinks you guys are all cute, I think you're idiots with bowl cuts looking like one of 3 Stooges but you do have rights". We thought it best to just let it drop at the thank you.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
MW has a sale going on now. Extra 40% off of clearance. I ordered two new suits, RL & JA, i got them both a extra size smaller. Need to drop some winter weight. Just started walking my miles again. Did 4 1/2 today, temps were brutal, felt like fainting during the uphill portion.
MW40_30UD_63_JOSEPH_ABBOUD_BROWN_PLAID_SET

MW40_36UP_56_LAUREN_BY_RALPH_LAUREN_BLUE_SET

I had a rewards certificate ($50) plus i called them and they added a coupon code for me. Got both for $275 total, was a steal.

I got 90 days to bring them back if anything is wrong with them or if i don't like the make. Now i'm waiting on my AE Park Avenue Cordovan's Black, AE said about 6-8 weeks, their making them now. Hoping they arrive before July 4th, i'll be at the Borgata AC for the Holiday.

:grin:

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Need some good info on watchmaker companies in here. Heard about this company called Hager watches, was told they used to only make watches for the CIA but went public some time ago.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok so i been wearing suits religiously for a few years now. I have been learning (slowly) what i like and what i dislike. Last time i made a thread involving suits it didn't do well and i expect this one not to do so well either but i think it will be worth it if there is a decent exchange of ideas opinions styles etc.

A few things i do or like/dislike.
I always have my pants hemmed, never cuffed.
I dislike barrel cuffs and mostly go with French cuffs.
I like my suits one size small regardless of the color.
I like my dress shirt sleeves to be showing about 1/4 inch when my arms are relaxed.
I like to shine my own shoes even though i not very good at it yet. :(
I usually go with a simple pocket square style, sometimes i get creative but it mostly just looks messy when i do so. I also like you wear a lapel pin.

What size suit do you wear? I wore a 42 long in college, 58 long about 5 years ago and I currently wear a 48 or 50 long.