The art of wearing suits/shoes

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It still fits? You keep fit? lot of swimming i guessing. I need to do the same, age is getting the better of me. :(

I have never lost or gained more than 5lbs since my senior year in HS about 25 years ago :)

I am active, still play softball, scuba, whatever activity I am in the mood for but even if I was a couch potato....I would still not gain any weight. My metabolism is spot on and doesn't look to be changing anytime soon :laugh:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I was in basketball shorts 70% of the time for like 20 years, now i rarely ever wear them. Suits feel just as comfortable to me as those basketball shorts did. It took me awhile to get it the way i wanted but i got there even without the comforts of a custom suit, so when i do go custom i'm expecting it to get even better. :grin:

gmoney112

Reaction score
All about fit really. If you're a banker or just annoying and get off on labels then sure spend a ton.

I think you should immediately take everything to a tailor after you buy it. Find a jacket or shirts that fit actually fit you well, and then take it to a tailor (a good one, they aren't expensive).

Tailoring makes all the difference imo.

As for personal preference I usually go with a navy or dark navy, and then a 'whiskey' colored brown shoe and brown belt.

Also thank god more fitting choices have come out in recent years. I have an 18" neck and am 5'10 175 pounds. That's an XXL by neck measurements LOL.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
All about fit really. If you're a banker or just annoying and get off on labels then sure spend a ton.

I think you should immediately take everything to a tailor after you buy it. Find a jacket or shirts that fit actually fit you well, and then take it to a tailor (a good one, they aren't expensive).

As for personal preference I usually go with a navy or dark navy, and then a 'whiskey' colored brown shoe and brown belt.

Also thank god more fitting choices have come out in recent years. I have an 18" neck and am 5'10 175 pounds. That's an XXL by neck measurements LOL.
I get my shirts from charles tyrwhitt (England). They ask for the measurements via net and custom make it according to the numbers you give them.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

+ 1 point awarded for the casual interjection of :" WHISKEY " In a formal wear thread:thumbup:
ALSO,,,,
an additional +3 points awarded for the oft speculated & verification pertaining to the fact of you possessing no neck:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

* man,I've always liked you & I really don't know why,,, must be that mule kick I see in you,huh?o_O

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
First month is the hardest after that you will get used to it.
Another problem is everyone around me also likes to eat Italian style meals and pastries. It's about a lifestyle change and so far i am either failing or stalemate. None the less i keep trying. Took me a few years to quit smoking and now i am smoke free so i am hoping this issue also works out in the end.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Another problem is everyone around me also likes to eat Italian style meals and pastries. It's about a lifestyle change and so far i am either failing or stalemate. None the less i keep trying. Took me a few years to quit smoking and now i am smoke free so i am hoping this issue also works out in the end.
Eating better is not an easy task at first and it is very expensive too. One thing you should stop now and that is sugar stay away from it completely. If you have to eat sweets just exchange stevia for sugar in your diet to experience sweetness without the unpleasant consequences of sugar consumption.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I've had my eye on these for awhile now. Supposedly a few Presidents have worn them at their inauguration speech.

allenedmonds_shoes_park-avenue_black-cordovan.jpg

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
What's the price?
They make those shoes two ways. Standard and Cordovan. Standard is like 425, when on sale it goes down to about 300. The Cordovan's are the ones the Presidents have worn i think and they go for about 700, when on sale they drop to about 600.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have never lost or gained more than 5lbs since my senior year in HS about 25 years ago :)

I am active, still play softball, scuba, whatever activity I am in the mood for but even if I was a couch potato....I would still not gain any weight. My metabolism is spot on and doesn't look to be changing anytime soon :laugh:
Dick:grin:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
@Sarek

See how the insole pops up and makes a ridge where your foot arch sits?

Thats what stinkin hurts to wear these shoes

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bK2wmWiTqwGE8F993
Yes, I can see where it doesn't look flush/even. I'm thinking if you wear them more if might get better but if it causes you pain i wouldn't do that. As far as a self fix i'm thinking you need to apply some kind of pressure against it and hope it takes on a more comfortable shape. That might not work though, maybe a shoe repairman is your best bet. Never know it might be a cheap easy fix.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who's to blame the liar or the one believing it? I guess that answer is where people differ. If i get lied to and i believe it i like to blame myself not the liar. As you will.
Agree, I cannot be held responsible for all those people who believed me in "The Closing Suit".......caveat emptor.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh,come on bro!,,,I've 3-4 of those white frilly ruffle chest shirts,those kind worn with a cummerbund( my buddy bought a storage locker @ auction packed full of formal wear) I will wear them in July/August when it's the hottest outside while hauling mortar sand in a dump truck,,, cuff links& pirate bandana ensembles included:thumbup:
I want to ride shotgun in my Prince outfit, the ladies would be chasing us all over town.