The Artificial Intelligence (AI) News Thread

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since AI and machine learning is starting to become a hot topic for many people these days, I thought it would be good to create a thread dedicated to the discussion.

*** THREAD RULES ***

1) This thread is NOT POLITICAL and not about the moral implications of AI.

2) This thread is NOT a CONSPIRACY or fear mongering thread!

3) This thread is NOT for personal attacks or insults!

4) This thread is NOT for posting AI generated articles, content, etc.

5) If you are thread-banned, it will be permanent so keep that in mind when posting!

Violating any of the above rules can result in you losing access to this thread and/or having your account suspended!

This thread is where we can share the latest AI news and have CIVIL discussions about new AI technology and how it is impacting our lives.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't tell if it's against the rules to make the joke, "See that? Nature always has a cure for everything!"

So I won't make that joke. :muttley:
Jokes are fine as long as they stay within the rules :D

I made the rules because I am sure there are a few members here ready with soapboxes in hand to spam the FUD into everyone.

I wanted to have this thread be more about the technology and its advancements and real world implementations and usage rather than a sci-fi movie plot.

nobody

Reaction score
At the rate AI development is accelerating, I think a lot more people will be out of a job faster than they expect. It might be the herald of a Universal Basic Income just because of lack of jobs done by humans. That being said, we're still a long ways away from an actual Artificial General Intelligence. I'm not sure we have the hardware design capable of it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I use ChatGPT4 a lot and it's nowhere near perfect, at least for coding, or song writing, or writing, for that matter.
It is fascinating and terrific for debugging, or making code more DRY.

I'm currently learning how to make niche AI Chatbot apps myself since that's going to be required knowledge very soon.
Credit to @Reality for introducing me down this new career path almost a year ago.

Your advice still sticks with me jefe. From as I was learning to how I'm still learning and always will be learning.

I'm pretty darn happy again.