Twitter: The Atlanta Falcons now have received trade calls from multiple teams

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Only a 66mil dead cap hit.

So? Its not like Jerry is really interested in building a contender. He's more interested in the money he might have coming his way in jersey sales should all the players start changing to different numbers. His overpaid underachieving QB might want to change to #15 since that is the # he wore in college.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I kind of hate tweets like this as it's a given that ATL is going to listen to offers - it would be poor due diligence not to and every team listens to anything no matter how inane it might be.

My guess is ATL probably wouldn't want to drop further than the top ten - they could use some help in the secondary so you might hope they stay at #4 or they could logjam for Surtain/Farley/Horn.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Trade up and get your QB of the future. Dak won't get a second contract with the Cowboys.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I can't see a team moving up that is picking past number 10 to 4, that would be expensive to move up and ATL prob doesn't want to get out of the Top 10, they need talent especially with a new coach. Realistically it will be Detroit or Denver moving up to 4 if anyone does. They would only do that for a QB or maybe for the Lions, the OT. I still think that we would be in Prime spot to pick the 1 of the 2 best defenders in the draft at spot 10.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
If a team thinks Jones or Lance are going to be starting quality QBs, the this is the obvious spot.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be shocked if the Falcons end up drafting a player at 4.

I felt that way before that Shefty tweet this morning.

Flamma

Reaction score
Makes sense - lots of teams are gonna want a QB there. ATL can likely move back a few spots and still land Pitts

If they want Pitts they can't trade back and expect to get him. It can happen, but they can't expect it.

Trade up and get your QB of the future. Dak won't get a second contract with the Cowboys.

Have you looked at his contract? It's set up specifically for another extension, and rather soon. Dak would have to completely crap the bed next year to the point where Jerry regrets signing him. If that doesn't happen, he'll be restructured. That's why the 6th year is in his contract. Once that happens the Cowboys are committed. He'll either get a 2nd contract or the Cowboys will eat a fistful of dead cap.