The Bailey penalty

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think it pretty much happened because Murray is in that Chip Kelly offense. DeMarco is told to hurry up and get back to the line of scrimmage so they can run the next play. He probably felt like Bailey was delaying him.

Combine that with Murray's obvious frustration and with his adrenalin burst he got from jumping the Cowboys DB and he just reacted.

I agree that it was a ticky-tack penalty and I initially thought it was against Murray.

Had it been a close game and that drive changed the outcome, it could have indeed ended up looking like a really unnecessary call. Frankly, the refs are lucky that it didn't turn out that way.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think the suggestion that Bailey was trying to help him was a one off. But there are several vids in this thread that show diff angles and it shows Murray pushing Bailey and then Bailey grabbing him to catch his balance. Bailey admitted as much in a DMN article.

thanks.....the officiating yesterday was pretty bad..... bad calls on both sides.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see whether Bailey gets the automatic $11,576 fine, or if the league office decides he didn't do anything wrong after all.