The Bailey penalty

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
You're blind as a bat. Murray didn't need to touch Bailey to stop his momentum. It wasn't a bracing action, it was a push. Bailey reacts (as his momentum starts to go backwards) and grabs the arm. It's clear as day in the video. You just like to go against the grain. It's your MO. Just like being wrong is.

nailed it

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bailey apologizes but if you look at the video in the link, why is Murray even touching Bailey. Such a stupid thing.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Cmon, he wasn't trying to hold him up. He grabs him. It was a stupid reaction, and it warranted a penalty.

It did not warrant a penalty. Murray kind of pushed off of him which is why Bailey kind of grabbed his arm like "Hey, why you shoving me?" but Bailey's demeanor or expression never changed. murray was the aggressive one.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
murray looked butt hurt all game

Probably had in mind a big running and scoring day ever since signing with Philly against us. Circled the date on the calendar. Only to find it rough going against his old team. Not what Murray expected at all. When reality set in his demeanor and body language reflected it on camera.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now how in the world does he get called for a personal foul. He's a kicker. He was just on the sideline minding his own business when Murray ran into him. Chances are he was trying to hold him up. smh

It's similar to when players get in a fight and it's the 2nd guy that gets penalized not the guy that started it. I don't know what Bailey was doing but Murray shoved him.

I don't think most officiating crews would have thrown a flag on that. That crew had and extremely happy trigger finger throwing the flag and that includes at least 1 penalty that I recall against the Eagles so I'm not claiming a conspiracy against the Cowboys.

Some refs like to make themselves important and become part of the game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You're blind as a bat. Murray didn't need to touch Bailey to stop his momentum. It wasn't a bracing action, it was a push. Bailey reacts (as his momentum starts to go backwards) and grabs the arm. It's clear as day in the video. You just like to go against the grain. It's your MO. Just like being wrong is.

You need a course in reading comprehension. I didn't say Murray needed to touch Bailey to stop his momentum. I said it could be interpreted that way by a ref. Look, I'm a referee/umpire. I understand how a ref has to make a split decision when players are moving fast. When Murray was running out of bounds, if a ref doesn't have a proper angle, it COULD look like Murray was trying to stop his momentum. I'm not saying that he WAS trying to stop his momentum. But that's a plausible interpretation.
And saying Bailey is trying to balance himself is laughable. He wasn't falling. He reaches out and GRABS Murray while he's fully standing.
I'm sorry your rose colored glasses renders you incapable of being objective.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Now how in the world does he get called for a personal foul. He's a kicker. He was just on the sideline minding his own business when Murray ran into him. Chances are he was trying to hold him up. smh

When have we ever witnessed they FIRST guy throwing the proverbial punch, get flagged?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You need a course in reading comprehension. I didn't say Murray needed to touch Bailey to stop his momentum. I said it could be interpreted that way by a ref. Look, I'm a referee/umpire. I understand how a ref has to make a split decision when players are moving fast. When Murray was running out of bounds, if a ref doesn't have a proper angle, it COULD look like Murray was trying to stop his momentum. I'm not saying that he WAS trying to stop his momentum. But that's a plausible interpretation.
And saying Bailey is trying to balance himself is laughable. He wasn't falling. He reaches out and GRABS Murray while he's fully standing.

Fully standing and off balance going backwards...you are blind. It's fitting you're a ref/umpire.

Why even bring up how it COULD be interpreted? That's pointless. The call was wrong, regardless of how it COULD be interpreted. If you want to make an excuse for the ref, go ahead, but it is irrelevant to whether or not it was the right call. You are just arguing to argue like you always do. You are proven wrong so you try switch things around and pretend you weren't making the point you were trying to make. Everyone sees through your game by now.

adamknite

Reaction score

Actually from the other angles you can clearly see that Bailey does get pushed off balance a slight bit, I don't know if it's enough to say that Bailey was trying to stop himself from falling down.. that would be a stretch. However it's clear that he wasn't "fully standing", not when he puts his right leg back to catch himself after the shove. He might have been trying to catch himself, I don't know though.

http://sports.cbslocal.com/2015/09/20/dan-bailey-gets-physical-with-demarco-murray/

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he did try to grab the ball from him. that's a personal foul.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
for the record, this is the second week in a row our defense was pitching a shutout that was screwed by a highly questionable personal foul penalty

last week it was on Carr for pulling guys out of the pile (which the Giants did the entire game)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he did try to grab the ball from him. that's a personal foul.

In all the videos I've seen of the incident, in no way does he try to grab the ball. He grabbed Murray, that's a given, but it was done after Murray pushed him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Fully standing and off balance going backwards...you are blind. It's fitting you're a ref/umpire.

And you're not. Therefore, you have no idea what you're talking about. But I speak from experience ... SHARED EXPERIENCE. So I know what I'm talking about. You're just some Internet troll who thinks that collective experience comes from watching television. :laugh:

Why even bring up how it COULD be interpreted? That's pointless.

Uh, because we're trying to determine why a flag was thrown on Bailey and NOT Murray?
Uh, because when people don't know the truth in a given matter they tend to speculate? :rolleyes:

The call was wrong, regardless of how it COULD be interpreted.
Wrong as determined by whom?
Who is the arbitrator of right and wrong in these situations?
I know. But I'd like to here your take on this since you seem to know. :)

If you want to make an excuse for the ref, go ahead, but it is irrelevant to whether or not it was the right call.
Actually, it's not irrelevant. Your opinion doesn't change the call. Bailey was flagged. That's the relevant issue; otherwise, you wouldn't be moaning and complaining.
Your opinion - or mine, for that matter - is IRREVELANT because it doesn't nothing to change the facts.
Now, if the league comes out and says it was the wrong call, I will - indeed - be wrong. But as of now, I'm on the side of facts. :D

You are just arguing to argue like you always do. You are proven wrong so you try switch things around and pretend you weren't making the point you were trying to make. Everyone sees through your game by now.

:laugh: I'll remind you that YOU quoted my post FIRST. So if you believe I'm arguing to be arguing, blame yourself for not having enough discipline to ignore my comment or perspective. But you can't because you're one of these thin-skinned Cowboys fans who can't stomach dissenting voices. So you get your feelings hurt when all Cowboys fans aren't in agreement on a particular issue, especially issues you're passionate about.

And notice how you're the only one who has engaged in such childishness (how appropriate given your moniker). You're the only one who seems as if he can't handle me posting a different perspective than the norm. Everyone else who disagrees simply moves on. I'm not berating them for their perspective. I'm just stating mine.
I'm merely having a conversation and sharing my perspective. Maybe you need to grow up, move past your do-or-die/with-us-or-against-us, Borg collective mentality and embrace diversity of opinions and handle them without trying to insult people, which - even at that - you're weak. :)

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
And you're not. Therefore, you have no idea what you're talking about. But I speak from experience ... SHARED EXPERIENCE. So I know what I'm talking about. You're just some Internet troll who thinks that collective experience comes from watching television. :laugh:

If I had to point to a troll, my finger is aimed in your direction