The Bailey penalty

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If I had to point to a troll, my finger is aimed in your direction

Right, because I have a different perspective than you and others. And of course, all Cowboys fans have to think alike. One man's troll is another man's voice in the wilderness. ;)

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Right, because I have a different perspective than you and others. And of course, all Cowboys fans have to think alike. One man's troll is another man's voice in the wilderness. ;)

you introduced the troll meme. If anyone should be labelled a troll, it's you.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Former Cowboy running back DeMarco Murray got tangled with Bailey after a 22-yard reception on the final play of the third quarter. When Bailey grabbed Murray's arm to brace himself, Murray pulled back and Bailey didn't immediately let go. Murray then tossed the ball at the chest of his former teammate.

"DeMarco is competitor," Bailey said. "We just happened to come together at the same place after he made a great play. He kind of gained a few extra yards there, I think he was just fired up. Unexpected, but it's one of those things where it happens. It's part of the game. Guys get a little carried away with the emotion of the game sometime. I'll just try not to do that again."
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...manlike-conduct-penalty-on-demarco-murray.ece

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
If the NFL is going to let these officials dictate games like they did yesterday people are going to stop watching. I already have friends that say its all rigged and I know its not but yesterday the refs were clearly trying to hurt us.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In all the videos I've seen of the incident, in no way does he try to grab the ball. He grabbed Murray, that's a given, but it was done after Murray pushed him.

I didn't see all the angles. the one I saw was murray in front of him and looked like baily made a grab. I thought it was for the ball. regardless. players will run into sideline players. the sideline players shouldn't purposely touch them outside of helping them. it didn't look like baily was trying to help him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If the NFL is going to let these officials dictate games like they did yesterday people are going to stop watching. I already have friends that say its all rigged and I know its not but yesterday the refs were clearly trying to hurt us.

I don't think the game is rigged. However, I do think that they have some bias with Dallas and would like to hinder the outcome of the game because of their dislike for Dallas.

Just listen to the commentators when they do our game. They gush about the other team and never say much about the Cowboys in a positive way.

I hope the FO does something about this. Its become to obvious to the point where the refs and the game's integrity is being challenged because of their bias against the Cowboys.

Note this would not have happened if they would have just made the right call with Bryant's catch last year. Thus the entire league is still in PR damage control over that one play.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Look, I understand in the NFL the officials jobs are tough. I do completely understand this.

But can these guys be anymore robotic? You mean these officials couldn't have seen that and said "Okay, no big deal, nothing in the game has changed and no big brawl was created, we'll let it slide".

While the "ticky tacky" call label is thrown around a lot, this is one of them. You have to let stuff like this slide. There is NO reason to allow something like that to help change the outcome of a game.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see all the angles. the one I saw was murray in front of him and looked like baily made a grab. I thought it was for the ball. regardless. players will run into sideline players. the sideline players shouldn't purposely touch them outside of helping them. it didn't look like baily was trying to help him.

I think the suggestion that Bailey was trying to help him was a one off. But there are several vids in this thread that show diff angles and it shows Murray pushing Bailey and then Bailey grabbing him to catch his balance. Bailey admitted as much in a DMN article.