The Battle for Center

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist said:
Means I didn't feel like looking up what I already knew was a fugazi contract. Tucker got nothing but an extended tryout with the Bucs. All salary and roster bonus with a 100k signing bonus.

We didn't need to give Gurode an extended tryout. We already did for 3 years.

April 7, 2006
The Cowboys decided not to match the offer sheet Torrin Tucker signed with Tampa Bay, meaning the restricted free agent is now a member of the Buccaneers. Tucker, who signed the two-year tender that included a $100,000 signing bonus, is scheduled to make $1.2 million in base salary this year and another $1.1 million, along with a $200,000 roster bonus if he's on the team in 2007. Since Tucker was not drafted, and the Cowboys only gave him the minimum tender, the club will not receive any draft-pick compensation.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_playerTracker.cfm?positionGroup=Offensive Line
I am trying to figure your point. The fact remains the Cowboys did not match the offer sheet for Tucker, but they RESIGNED Gurode. If the organization held them in the same light Gurode would be gone.

As of this morning practice Andre Gurode is STILL running with the 1st teamers. It's funny that the above link you posted actually shows the date Gurode started working with the 1st team. July 31st. Thats about 7 practices ago. WHAT A TRY OUT!!!
The Realist said:
How'd your Tony Curtis call turn out?

I think you still have a little dripping down your chin.
Actually pretty good. All I expect is for him to be Witten's rpirmary back-up and special teams standout. Have I rpedictedor asked for more?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Pretty much every account I have read said that Gurode has the edge right now. BP always says that for a starter to lose his spot he had to be clearly beaten by the contender. At this time that cannot be said. We will know more after scrimmage tomorrow.

Bill said they were even.

What do EVEN mean?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can I say this...........Al Johnson sucks........

The Realist

Reaction score
Charles said:
I am trying to figure your point. The fact remains the Cowboys did not match the offer sheet for Tucker, but they RESIGNED Gurode. If the organization held them in the same light Gurode would be gone.

As of this morning practice Andre Gurode is STILL running with the 1st teamers. It's funny that the above link you posted actually shows the date Gurode started working with the 1st team. July 31st. Thats about 7 practices ago. WHAT A TRY OUT!!!
Actually pretty good. All I expect is for him to be Witten's rpirmary back-up and special teams standout. Have I rpedictedor asked for more?

Bolded "words" in 2nd to last line explain a lot.

Dyslexic!!! Which means you see stuff backwards and think it's correct.:lmao2: :laugh2: :lmao:

Here comes the PC crowd I'm sure.

Tony Curtis was the 2nd best athlete at the TE position last year:lmao2:.

Speaking of PC what do you call a stupid player or a player who does stupid things on the field.

Hint: Starts with D and ends actable.

We didn't resign Tucker because he proved he wasn't even a decent backup so why keep him?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Still does not explain Gurode continuing to be the only center with the first team. Johnson with the second team always.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Still does not explain Gurode continuing to be the only center with the first team. Johnson with the second team always.
An agenda will keep you from acknowledging the truth even when it is staring you right in the face.

It will be week 8 and the peanut gallery will be spouting the same lunacy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
burmafrd said:

by the same token what does Ellis taking all the 1st team snaps at OLB mean. Does that mean he is the starter there?

or could it be that the better center against 3-4 defenses is playing against our top 3-4 unit? I'm not saying that is the case, but that it is possible. So don't fly into one of your burma-rages.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist said:
Tony Curtis was the 2nd best athlete at the TE position last year:lmao2:.
Yes, he was. Other than Witten, I don't any of the TEs on last years roster were athletically better than Tony Curtis. He was still the 5th best TE on the roster, but athletically he was superior to Campbell, Ryan and Pierce.

I think he'll improve as a TE and make the 53 man roster as the primary back-up in Witten's role and special teams player

I believe he's the fastest TE on the roster and based on watching his collegiate games I believe he has similar skill set to Witten.

The Realist said:
We didn't resign Tucker because he proved he wasn't even a decent backup so why keep him?
Couple that with Marc Colombo's impressive off-season regiment, Petitti's toughness to hang in their at RT (rookie playing out of position) and the scouting depart ability to identify guys like McQuistan in late surrounds made the ability to not match the Bucs offer easier.

The facts remain, the Cowboys didn't pursue a marquee center, they resigned Gurode who as off yesterday ran with the 1st team Oline again for the entire scrimmage.:cool: