The Bengals have released OT La’El Collins from PUP. He’s now a free agent

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Collins downfall still trips me out. He was elite for a couple years. Dunno if it was the Injuries or he got paid or both.
He didn't put in the work.

Don't make this another "he got paid" thing. That's just a dog whistle.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I don’t understand the “lazy stoner” reference. I never saw any reports of him being lazy, or of him being a pothead. Where does this come from? Are people just making stuff up, or am I out of the loop?

rambo2

Reaction score
response was to rather sign to Jason Peters

do people remember when Collins continued to fail drug tests while in the league substance abuse program and tried to bribe an official taking his sample......and you want to bring him back, what are you thinking???
Maybe they are stoned too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t understand the “lazy stoner” reference. I never saw any reports of him being lazy, or of him being a pothead. Where does this come from? Are people just making stuff up, or am I out of the loop?
Yeah I never heard any of this stuff either. Maybe he just hit his peak early. It happens. But to attack the guys character is a bit much.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah I never heard any of this stuff either. Maybe he just hit his peak early. It happens. But to attack the guys character is a bit much.
His character lol. He did that himself with the drug suspensions, being out of shape, and not paying his bills.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I would absolutely call him, but I would have a come to Jesus conversation with him. Let him know we'd like him but don't need him. See if he's been humbled. Let him know there will be no mess ups. He either is a model citizen or will be released. Look....do we think we are close? Do we agree oline is area of most need? If so, we are foolish not to try and always get better.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I would absolutely call him, but I would have a come to Jesus conversation with him. Let him know we'd like him but don't need him. See if he's been humbled. Let him know there will be no mess ups. He either is a model citizen or will be released. Look....do we think we are close? Do we agree oline is area of most need? If so, we are foolish not to try and always get better.
I'm not convinced OL is the area of most need. If Tyler Smith was out for any reasonable amount of time or if Tyron Smith gets hurt then yeah (although at this point I'm not 100% convinced he is much better at LG than Chuma or Asim). If he stays healthy and works hard he is but those are big ifs.

Depth-wise we are fine at LG/LT
LT Tyron Smith/Tyler Smith
LG Tyler Smith/Chuma Edoga/Asim Richards

Center is the biggest issue IF Biadisz got hurt, but Collins doesn't help us there. Right tackle has a depth issue after Steele as well, but it's another position where Tyron Smith/Zack Martin are capable of sliding over if need be and we can fill the tackle role with Tyler/guard role with Chuma/Asim/T.J. Bass. I mean there's no such thing as too much depth on the OL, but I think we're sitting pretty good compared to other teams depth wise with Philbin being gone. But if he's willing to do all of the right things, he'd make a great backup RT. I just think that's a perfect world scenario that we won't get.

stiletto

Reaction score
That ship has sailed. He is fat, out of shape and injured. Not to mention a huge knucklehead..

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Regarding next 8 pages of impending replies that want this lazy guy back

giphy.gif

Lol, love GIF.

Techsass

Reaction score
Our backups at guard seemed to handle the Giants Dline OK. I know it was a blow out, but their Dline was pretty good last season & I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with the guys we've got.