The Bengals have released OT La’El Collins from PUP. He’s now a free agent

plymkr

Reaction score
Seriously? Why not? I am no huge fan of Collins and I think he's a moron but for the league minimum I'd take him in a heart beat. 1. We wouldn't be counting on him so if he's stupid or does something stupid then he's not holding the team hostage. We can just cut him and it won't kill the salary cap. 2. I'd be much more comfortable with Collins going in for an injured G than Richards or Bass. Just on a purely talent and experience standpoint. We got years to develop Bass and Richards but we want to win the Super Bowl this year.

Come playoff time and we have to play the big boys in Philly or San Fran and Tyron Smith gets hurt, I'd be much more comfortable playing Collins at LG and kicking Tyler out to T then having Tyler play T and Bass or Richards playing LG. JMO

quickccc

Reaction score
It’s looking like he came into the league with a good attitude but went back to bad habits after getting paid.

Getting cut from PUP tells me the Bengals weren’t happy with his rehab work. Or lack thereof.
Could be.
Collins has reportedly had the questionable work ethic brought up in the past (reportedly out of shape for camp)

And he's had a string of misfortunates from the mysterious hip injury, car accidents, out of shape reports,
PED and bribery issues and suspensions, and it wasn't like he was playing strong at career end here.

Unless the bodies hit the floor per rash of injuries, I don't think the club may consider him back, imo.
Plus I don't think he's even healthy, and who knows how long he will still be rehabbing.

Ironically as down as the club eventually became with Lael, they were just the opposite in being
ecstatic with Steele.
Rest was history.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
One of the dumbest, laziest pieces of trash that has ever put on a Cowboy uniform. He represents everything that is wrong with the way Jerry handles his business.

Creeper

Reaction score
He's done. He is injured more than Tyron and his injuries have really hobble him. Sure, kick the tires, but I have doubts he can play anymore.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His character lol. He did that himself with the drug suspensions, being out of shape, and not paying his bills.
I mean that’s fine but to me those are mistakes young people make. Factor in he came into the league accused of a murder he didn’t commit…..

erod

Reaction score
Collins was crap when he was here that last year, and that was a good while ago.

No.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL....no thank you very much. Sad to see that Collins is the poster child of a player who once he gets paid, his work ethic goes to crap. As bad as he is, he is 30 and will be picked up by another desperate team needing OL help.