The Best Dog You've Ever Been Around

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
trickblue;4192793 said:
Wait... what? Who brought up cats? ;)

https://lh6.***BROKEN***/-_nztH8Y44NM/Tp7GGjXFSlI/AAAAAAAAFec/eIO66N8Ehiw/w401/ClarinetteBaille_Micael_Reynaud.gif

roughneck266

Reaction score
Hos I wish you the best of luck. I have a boxer now. Best dog I have ever had, but they have their fair share of "issues". They drool. It isnt something they can stop or start it is just part of the breed, at least my Gunter. They have to have play time. These aint lap dogs. Gunter thinks he is, which is unfortunate for my wife. He thinks he is small. I can hold him in my lap but I have more than a hundred pounds on my poor bride. Another thing to consider about them is that because of their face shape with the squashed in nose and all heat can sometimes give them a lot of problems. Gunter seems to do really well with it but if it is really humid along with the heat, well we have to pay very close attention when he is playing so he doesnt overdo it.
Boxers are great family dogs, and properly trained will be one of the best securities your family could ever hope for. Have fun un your search.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I liked both dogs I met. It is basically a coin flip which one I take.

This one won the coin flip. On our way to get her as soon as the kids finish lunch.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile;4194346 said:

This one won the coin flip. On our way to get her as soon as the kids finish lunch.

Cool dog, congrats. I love dogs..

I have three Chihuahuas, two female and one male. They're not a protection dog of sorts, but I guarantee you that they will alert you! Little damn dogs!!

I have four doorbells in my house. The real one, and those damn three Chihuahuas.

(i can't even spell their name)

You should have got one of those...you'er close to the border anyway! :D

A mans soul can be determined by the way he treats his dog. The dog knows and loves it...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hostile;4194346 said:

She looks like a sweetie in her eyes...

btw... Siberian Huskie Mix? no way... but I bet she's a good pup... it doesn't really matter in the end...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue;4194661 said:
She looks like a sweetie in her eyes...

btw... Siberian Huskie Mix? no way... but I bet she's a good pup... it doesn't really matter in the end...
I just got back from taking her for her first walk. So she is my weight loss program as well. We're going to walk every evening. She is already learning to heel and sit on command.

She doesn't lick, doesn't bark, and doesn't jump up on people.

So far I am very happy with her.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hostile;4194667 said:
I just got back from taking her for her first walk. So she is my weight loss program as well. We're going to walk every evening. She is already learning to heel and sit on command.

She's likely afraid right now, but she'll adjust... new beginnings for her...

Hang with it...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;4194346 said:

Congrats on the new best friend :)

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Hostile;4194667 said:

The Petfinder page has been taken down, so please post her pic here. :)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;4194346 said:

I'm so happy for you, pal... life is just better when there's a dog in it...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Faerluna;4194690 said:
The Petfinder page has been taken down, so please post her pic here. :)
In the car, coming home, standing on Kaitlyn's lap.

She knew something good was happening. Excited all the way home.

315834_2029244818587_1468094429_31651053_93246899_n.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear;4194711 said:
I'm so happy for you, pal... life is just better when there's a dog in it...
Thanks Bear. I may have to fight my youngest for her. This is supposed to be my dog. I am the only one who will feed her and clean up after her, etc. That was the deal. Already the youngest is talking about giving her a bath and taking her for walks.

I've always loved dogs. It is long overdue that one came back to be mine. If the kid doesn't steal it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Faerluna;4194779 said:
Look at that face!! <3 What a gorgeous girl.
Everyone who has met her mentions how pretty she is. When we went to the cage at the Shelter she looked right in my face. No noise, just pleading. I had made a commitment to see the other dogs, but I knew right then that this was my dog.

She was found abandoned on the Pasqua Yaqui reservation 3 weeks ago. She is about 2 years old.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Love Dogs....Looks like you got a good one.

For years my wife and I had a black lab/German Shephard mix. She was a great dog. She died a couple of years ago. My wife an I were very reluctant to get another one.

But my kids (nine and thirteen) wanted to buy their own. We took them to the shelter and they picked a dandy.

I can't figure out what he is. We got him at eight weeks. We originally thought he was a black lab. But, he's still small. He's about eight months old, and barely weighs 20 pounds. I'm beginning to think he's part wiener dog. He has a long body....maybe he's part beagle....

Oh well, he's been a good dog. He's never messed in the house, he's very friendly, and very quiet.