The Best Player Available Myth

kevm3

Reaction score
There would have been madness and rightfully so if we took Chaisson. When Dak was there, CeeDee looked like a polished, bordering on elite nfl receiver.

Syron

Reaction score
To me, this isn't a drafting issue, its a management issue. Cowboys have the 2nd most Pro-Bowlers drafted in the last decade. So they are doing something right. The issue I always come back to is cap management. Had they traded DLaw before the big extension, not signed Zeke early, and not over paid for Smith, we would have resigned Byron and I think pulled the trigger on Ramsey or Adams. Maybe even gone after Earl Thomas on the first time around before his locker room issues. Yes, we have made mistakes in the draft (my least favorite was passing on Watts), but the numbers show we have had great success there. It just seems like time and again, we over pay and give ourselves limited options via trade or free agency due to the cap space concerns. And let's not forget, with Dak, CeeDee looked like the ROTY. CeeDee gives us options for the future since he is cheap. Gallop is likely gone, and perhaps Coop someday soon. We needed help on D no doubt, but this team isn't one player away from fixing those issues. I still think this falls on coaching and running a scheme ill suited for our team.