Video: The best Romo tribute

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love Romo too man lol. But....come on man
I think people should be free to have their own favorite players. Personally, I don't think he's a bad choice for top 4. He made a bigger difference to his teams than just about any other individual player. He took some otherwise below average rosters into above average records. How many players can you honestly say that about?

I personally would choose Emmitt over him on my list, but I don't have a problem with Romo as a choice.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Just for fun, let's walk through this:

The 2007 Cowboys had a worse roster on defense and offense than the 2007 Patriots, and the Pats still lost to the Giants team that also beat the Cowboys by a similar margin.

2009 team let Romo eat 6 sacks against the Packers while giving up 4 TDs to Grampa Favre. Put Brady in there and what difference does it make? Give him 4 TDs and they still lose. But by that pont we're assuming Patrick Crayton turns into Wes Welker or something, and even Brady couldn't upgrade JAGs that much just by showing up.

2010-2013 teams were just hapless. Hell, Romo put up Brady-tier stat lines twice in that period and they still went 8-8.

2014 team is the only one that's close, but it had a worse defense than Brady ever won a title with, and lost a playoff game where Romo had a 143.6 passer rating and 0 turnovers. Hilariously, that's a higher passer rating than Brady ever had in the playoffs. In playoff games where Brady had a passer rating over 95 his record was 17-1. Put him on the Cowboys and it's probably like 2-2 or something.

All of which isn't to suggest that Romo was as good as Brady, just that no one guy could realistically overcome all the Cowboys' problems from top to bottom. Which makes Romo being such a hate sink for disgruntled fans just seem kind of ridiculous.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I blame Romo's injury history. Those 3 back to back 8-8 seasons was largely because of Romo injuries and or Romo mistakes in big games. Love the guy but Romo had a little too much Farve in him at times.
Very true but if Garrett didn’t blow 2-3 games a season which he did, then this team would’ve been 10-6 or 11-5 and those final games would’ve been meaningless.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Very true but if Garrett didn’t blow 2-3 games a season which he did, then this team would’ve been 10-6 or 11-5 and those final games would’ve been meaningless.
Those were 4-12 type teams with an average or less QB.
He did lay an egg in the 2012 washington game with all his weapons out andhim having an off night. That was the worst team he ever played on though. They truly were awful with the 32nd ranked defense. 8-8 was a freaking miracle.

Then he came back the following year, again with season on the line, and led the game-winning drive at Washington.

He also played several games with broken ribs and a punctured lung...and the team won most of them.
But people choose to remember the loses

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Thanks, I don't watch the show.:thumbup:

I don’t listen to him anymore since he went to Fox sports since I don’t know what channel it’s on in LA in the car. But I do remember him being pretty fond of Romo same with Dilfer and I always felt Warner was a fan too.

blumayne38

Reaction score
That TD against Detroit was monumental, so many people were just waiting for the INT to say “I told you so” the entire cowboys fandom took a collective breath of fresh air the best 3.5 seconds of cowboys football i have witnessed in this era...:starspin: thanks #9 for giving me a reason to always believe in the underdog :starspin: For showing us that being a cowboy is about more then just winning and being a player is about more then just scoring :clap:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

tenor.gif