The Best Thing You've Ever Eaten

lukin2006

Reaction score
My momma was Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen. She couldn't cook worth a crap, but she could cuss like a sailor. Her momma was an excellent cook. One day I irked momma about the good cook gene skipping a couple of generations and she barked "she used bacon in everything". So I'm going to have to say bacon.

The same thing with my wife and mother in law, her grandmother and aunt were great cooks ... I avoided dinner at my mothers in law whenever possible. She once made gravy from the ham juices ... lol ... talk about salty. I never tried, I could just imagine. She had no concept of fresh vegetables at dinner. My mother, on the other hand, was a great cook.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Gotta be from-scratch, homemade anything. It's all in the love! I'm a mom/gramma and I know this for a fact based on what I'm asked to make or contribute to family potlucks. :)
Mmmmmm......my mom's baked beans.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Cake. Don't even know what it was called. An operations manager, Drop, dead, gorgeous BTW...... made the cake for the month of November birthdays. Yes.....that's how sweet she is.

I've never had anything better, ever.

Hands down.

I'm gonna find out what it is and I ain't telling you guys. :grin:

Well I'll probably PM Risen cause he needs something to love..... ;)
:lmao: good plan,,,er,,, but,,,are you sure that's a wise decision?,,, that Dude, might wanna come over & hang out with you,,every niteo_O

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe not the best thing I've eatin', but McDonalds Fries are the best Fries...

They changed. They used to be the best until they had to change their recipe to satisfy vegetarians. They never got the new recipe to quite match the old one flavor-wise.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Mmmmmm......my mom's baked beans.

Funny you should say baked beans... my nephew (Cody) is home from boot camp/school this week and will be leaving for Germany for an 'extended stay' right after Thanksgiving. He's requested my baked beans (one of the things I' m ALWAYS asked to bring) for Thanksgiving dinner. Cody is a Cowboys fan too :clap:
so of course... I'm making the beans.

lukin2006

Reaction score
They changed. They used to be the best until they had to change their recipe to satisfy vegetarians. They never got the new recipe to quite match the old one flavor-wise.

I never noticed a difference in taste...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Funny you should say baked beans... my nephew (Cody) is home from boot camp/school this week and will be leaving for Germany for an 'extended stay' right after Thanksgiving. He's requested my baked beans (one of the things I' m ALWAYS asked to bring) for Thanksgiving dinner. Cody is a Cowboys fan too :clap:
so of course... I'm making the beans.
:starspin:CODY Rocks:starspin:

:clap::bow::clap:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Yeah, he's a pretty cool dude. Anyone asks, he'll tell them it's true:D
Picture it... Big ole pan of beans loaded with onion and ground beef, little bit of brown sugar, and topped with lots of bacon, baked until that bacon gets nice and caramelized.... Sooo yummy ...