The big take away from the Super Bowl

gtb1943

Reaction score
I watched plenty of tape and Dak can’t process a defense worth crap and missed wide open WRs as he fixates on his early reads.. I also saw Mahomes at the SB who is elite while Dak was in a suit
Well get your eyes checked if you cannot tell the difference between a top quality Offensive game plan and OC and our boy genius.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My guess is because the Chiefs were in 100% run defense the entire second half. Chris Jones said as much in the post game. Forget the pass, make Hurts throw it from the pocket.
I think also , all season the eagles gamble play aggresive in 1st half to get a lead, then tone it down for 2nd half and just play defense,
and try to not make mistakes on offense, like turnovers failed 4th downs etc.

That didnt work so well with KC as their offense was able to score on the eagles defense. Enough to mount the comeback.
Siriani stuck with the formula, instead of keeping the pedal down and being aggressive in 2nd half.
The result was they only scored 11 points in 2nd half, and lose by 3.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Coaching on offense matters. Anyone who watched what the Cheifs did tonight can see the night and day difference between that and whatever Kellen tries to do. You don't need a complicated offense just one that you run well and gets players open. You don't need elite weapons. Hopefully Big Mike took some notes tonight.
If the Cowboys had Mahomes and Kelse they would have won the Super Bowl no matter who was coaching.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think also , all season the eagles gamble play aggresive in 1st half to get a lead, then tone it down for 2nd half and just play defense,
and try to not make mistakes on offense, like turnovers failed 4th downs etc.

That didnt work so well with KC as their offense was able to score on the eagles defense. Enough to mount the comeback.
Siriani stuck with the formula, instead of keeping the pedal down and being aggressive in 2nd half.
The result was they only scored 11 points in 2nd half, and lose by 3.
Yep. All season long they did that. Their run game was so effective that teams really did have to sell out to stop it. That makes the passing game a lot easier when you're always throwing against run heavy defenses. The only other time I've seen that was with the 2019 Ravens. A run game utilizing the QB so effectively.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It helps to have a future HOF QB, but it isn’t absolutely necessary. Eagles almost won that game with Hurts, and while he’s good, he isn’t a Brady, Mahomes, Peyton,
Montana,etc.

What it does seem to take is:

* QB - elite/high end who is extremely poised, calm under pressure, limit mistakes and turnovers.

* High level coaching - schemes, disciplined teams, game management.

* Great OL

* Elite TE or WR corp… KC is similar to the Patriots w/ Brady…Great TE with productive, under the radar WRs.
Eagles have elite WRs with productive TE.

* RB - none of these teams had elite backs. Mostly 2nd tier guys who are still productive due to great OL and system.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
the difference in the game was Hurts fumbling and Siriani being out coached by Reid. It was masterful. Reid adjusted at half.
Siriani wasn't outclassed by Reid. The Eagles Offense was actually more impressive than KC's. Eagles scored 35 with no gimme points. KC scored 35 because they had 2 TDs handed to them.

The Eagles DCoord (gannon) was the one outclassed by Reid. Siriani isn't involved in defense.

I just can't believe their DCoord seems like he's gonna get hired as Arizona's head coach. That's gonna be an epic fail. Eagles pass rushers got those 70 sacks by talent...not by what that coach did.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It helps to have a future HOF QB, but it isn’t absolutely necessary. Eagles almost won that game with Hurts, and while he’s good, he isn’t a Brady, Mahomes, Peyton,
Montana,etc.

What it does seem to take is:

* QB - elite/high end who is extremely poised, calm under pressure, limit mistakes and turnovers.

* High level coaching - schemes, disciplined teams, game management.

* Great OL

* Elite TE or WR corp… KC is similar to the Patriots w/ Brady…Great TE with productive, under the radar WRs.
Eagles have elite WRs with productive TE.

* RB - none of these teams had elite backs. Mostly 2nd tier guys who are still productive due to great OL and system.
Sanders made the probowl...but ur right, Sanders should hand that probowl award to his oLIne.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The list of best QB's in this league has his name firmly entrenched in the #1 spot.

League and super bowl mvp? Good grief.
I will say I think hurts did outplay him. He matched mahomes every time. And I'm willing to bet if they get the ball back eagles win. That's how big that penalty was. No doubt in my mind hurts goes and scores

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Having Patrick Mahomes doesn't hurt, either.
Having both.......Mahomes AND great coaching is why KC is the Super Bowl champs. I don't know yet how it'll go with McCarthy calling plays, but I'm glad we parted ways with the Boise State whiz.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I will say I think hurts did outplay him. He matched mahomes every time. And I'm willing to bet if they get the ball back eagles win. That's how big that penalty was. No doubt in my mind hurts goes and scores
Yeah I agree... knowing he'd have 4 downs all the way down the field.

At the very least I think he woulda tied it, and sent to OT.

But then we'd all be much more tired today

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the Eagles pace calling plays on offense in the huddle? It seemed like almost every snap, eagles were coming to line with barely 10 seconds left on play clock, surveying field, and snapping it as play clock hit 0.

They had a couple I thought they got away with delay of game...and 1 they actually got penalized.

They even did it when they were behind...so it wasn't a "keep the ball away from Mahomes" thing.

Just seemed like they were always late for some strange reason. That HAD to be a huge advantage to Chiefs DLine, just to be able to see play clock at 1 second and just take off not having to wait for snap. Takes all the guesswork away from the pass rushers.

Reaction score
Lol. "Coaching matters," then taking a shot at the coach who was second only to that team in production over 4 years with Dak freaking Prescott at QB.
I've got mad respect for Andy Reid but it wasn't that long ago he had Alex Smith as the starting QB and his playoff outcomes were very similar to ours... Players matter!

gtb1943

Reaction score
Mahoomes did not make the big mistake; so saying he was outplayed is really dumb.

GMO415

Reaction score
MM was too busy trying to finish the last meat lovers slice to pay attention.

kskboys

Reaction score
What you should've taken from this game:

If you don't hit a top 5 QB such as Mahomes, he will beat you. This game was lost because the Eagles failed to get to Mahomes.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Exactly right. You better hope the "lesser" QB gets on the hot streak of his life and plays nearly flawless ball. Foles & Flacco are two poster child examples. Eli to an extent. Although I would say he tended to play better when it mattered most going back to college.
100%