The big take away from the Super Bowl

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Chiefs also have Mahomes. You don't need elite weapons when you have a generational QB. Brady proved that years go.
Yea, Homey is in a league of his own . He has no real peers in the NFL at this time . Everyone else is looking up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I swear on this board a few years ago people were knocking Reid as not being able to "win the big one." Well, now he's won two, in a third.
He’s always been a great offensive coach. What 3 or 4 championship games and a Super Bowl with McNabb.

He was only winning divisions with Alex Smith. The difference is Mahomey.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I swear on this board a few years ago people were knocking Reid as not being able to "win the big one." Well, now he's won two, in a third.
That was when he was in Philly with McNabb. Then he went to KC and got refreshed. Also he got Mahomes. That helps! In any case, KC has some magic in their playcalling pocket.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The point isn’t finding an elite QB.

That’s hard to do.

The easy thing to do is not pay a Dak type and work on building your team.

If you like being stuck in mediocrity, and Jerry Jones does, then go ahead and pay your Dak’s and be mediocre.

I’ve been on here for years saying this. Maybe someday it will click with you guys.

You don’t have to pay just to pay.
wait, you say we need elite QB, then you say we don't which is it? some here are adamant for us to get Mahomes and Burrows type QB.

yes, we need to build a team. can jerry do that? we had 17M, 19M from QB on the cap the past two years. how did that work out? is that not reasonable amounts? and we didn't build the right team, instead we extended Lawrence and he got total of 7 years of gauranteed contract (initial + rework). is that smart? and last year we had 20M left on the cap we didn't use. instead we signed Anthony Barr and TY Hilton, street FAs.

maybe someday it will click with you guys that Jerry is not capable of building a team to win. 28 years of it says so. maybe someday you will understand. yes, maybe you don't have to pay just to pay the likes of Lawrence, Zeke, offer idiotic contracts to Gregory (whew) and on and on and on.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
wait, you say we need elite QB, then you say we don't which is it? some here are adamant for us to get Mahomes and Burrows type QB.

yes, we need to build a team. can jerry do that? we had 17M, 19M from QB on the cap the past two years. how did that work out? is that not reasonable amounts? and we didn't build the right team, instead we extended Lawrence and he got total of 7 years of gauranteed contract (initial + rework). is that smart? and last year we had 20M left on the cap we didn't use. instead we signed Anthony Barr and TY Hilton, street FAs.

maybe someday it will click with you guys that Jerry is not capable of building a team to win. 28 years of it says so. maybe someday you will understand. yes, maybe you don't have to pay just to pay the likes of Lawrence, Zeke, offer idiotic contracts to Gregory (whew) and on and on and on.
I’m very clear on what I’ve said. Not in the mood to repeat myself.

I’d rather take my chances on Jerry building a team without the massive QB contract on the table.

We might end up being so terrible that we actually get to draft an elite QB.

shabazz

Reaction score
The Big takeaway from last night is that we saw playmakers on both sides of the ball for both teams and we have very little of that here in little D

we have Pollard, Ceddee, Micah and Diggs for playmakers and even with that group they dont always show up at the same time in big games…….other than that, there’s alot of mediocrity here

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Coaching on offense matters. Anyone who watched what the Cheifs did tonight can see the night and day difference between that and whatever Kellen tries to do. You don't need a complicated offense just one that you run well and gets players open. You don't need elite weapons. Hopefully Big Mike took some notes tonight.
The Eagle's OC cost them the game when he abandoned the run game which was the Eagle's strength this year.

khiladi

Reaction score
clearly you have a blind spot as regards Moore. Watch the SB again and then watch our games and you see what a top quality OC and company can do versus Moore Dak and company
I watched plenty of tape and Dak can’t process a defense worth crap and missed wide open WRs as he fixates on his early reads.. I also saw Mahomes at the SB who is elite while Dak was in a suit

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The thing that stuck out to me that even though the Eagles had the better team on paper, the Chiefs played better as a team on the field. Not to take away anything from Mahomes, he's the best in the game, but the rest of the team stepped up and different players and units stepped up when they needed it.

The Chiefs defense did a good job of stifling Eagles rush attack really forcing Hurts to carry the team. Hurts did a great job but he needed one of their RB to step up. I think Chiefs OL outplayed the Eagles OL. The Eagles defense had 0 sacks against a hobbled QB and just couldn't pressure him enough. Pacheko had some big runs when they needed it, Toney with the huge return, the Chiefs OL and DL stepped up, the coaching was excellent and made better in-game adjustments, Chiefs also made fewer mistakes. Eagles may have been the bettter "team" on paper, but the Chiefs were the better "team" on the field.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
We learned that double digit comebacks don't usually happen in Super Bowls. This would be the 5th time out of 57. And two teams have 4 of them.

I'm going from memory, so I might have missed one.
Commanders in 87
Saints in 09
Chiefs in 19 and 20
Patriots in 14 and 16

Only ones I came up with

I think we will see even more in the coming years.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
It makes the world a much easier place when you have an elite one. You can win with one who isn't quite elite but it takes a lot of things to go right. Unfortunately, Dak can't even sniff that level either.
Agreed. Stafford wasn’t elite but played well enough to win in clutch situations. You'd have to go all the way back to Foles and Flacco, whom had miraculous post seasons. You can turn it on in the playoffs but it's tougher to do with QBs who aren't "elite." I'm with you!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You can say that for plenty of Dak’s TDs, but then you wouldn’t have Moore to blame. Dallas was first in red zone scoring for a reason.
Not necessarily blaming Moore, although I do think the Garrett offensive philosophy is limited even if Moore runs a better version of it. Moore created several easy throws against the Buccaneers, just like Kansas City had against Philly.

Anyone just blaming Moore for what happened against San Francisco has the same tunnel vision as those who just blame the quarterback. When your offense fails, it's rarely for one reason; otherwise, teams could just pinpoint that one reason and fix it. The blocking fails at times, the runners fail at times, the receivers fail at times, the quarterback fails at times, the offensive coordinator fails at times, resulting in a 12-point game.

My main reason for wanting to try something different is that we've been trying some variation of this offensive system for more than 15 years now. Garrett installed it, Linehan tweaked it, Moore tweaked it some more and then McCarthy added a few wrinkles. Our playoff failures haven't always been on the offense during that time, but it does seem to come up short even when the defense plays well. I'm ready to see McCarthy install more of what he did in Green Bay and see if that can improve those results. Maybe it won't, but I feel like we'd be spinning our wheels to just stick to what we have been doing, especially now that we seem to have a defense that can prevail with a little help from the offense.

Havic

Reaction score
Mahomes elevates everyone around him. Dak needs everyone to elevate him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m very clear on what I’ve said. Not in the mood to repeat myself.

I’d rather take my chances on Jerry building a team without the massive QB contract on the table.

We might end up being so terrible that we actually get to draft an elite QB.
if we are lucky you end up with Elite. never gauranteed.

but we have to throw our hat in the game. with that said we dodged a bullet twice with Manziel and Lynch. both of whom sucked mightily

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Agreed. Stafford wasn’t elite but played well enough to win in clutch situations. You'd have to go all the way back to Foles and Flacco, whom had miraculous post seasons. You can turn it on in the playoffs but it's tougher to do with QBs who aren't "elite." I'm with you!
Exactly right. You better hope the "lesser" QB gets on the hot streak of his life and plays nearly flawless ball. Foles & Flacco are two poster child examples. Eli to an extent. Although I would say he tended to play better when it mattered most going back to college.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The Eagle's OC cost them the game when he abandoned the run game which was the Eagle's strength this year.
I've been busy so I haven't kept up with latest news. Has anyone addressed why they went so pass heavy?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I have seen QBs with more talent athletically and QBs with more talent mentally but never a QB with so much of both.
Agreed. His total package is exceptional.

He is a natural born playmaker. The kind that sees the field in more than 3 dimensions. The creativity to see a way when there doesn't appear to be a way and the physical gifts to be able to pull it off. Textbook mechanics be damned.