CFZ The biggest difference I see in the Kellen Moore offense

Roland

Reaction score
4th and 4 third quarter can you not pass up the easy FG put in you striking distance . That’s part of the OC job description now , in game decisions on when to throw points in the garbage .
That was a call I did not agree with. Take the points and get us within striking distance. No points there, you lose momentum and it shifts to the Cards because they stopped you. If you are playing conservative, then take the points.

Mikexike

Reaction score
That was a call I did not agree with. Take the points and get us within striking distance. No points there, you lose momentum and it shifts to the Cards because they stopped you. If you are playing conservative, then take the points.
I agree, that was a bad decision.

JustChip

Reaction score
If they had converted 2 of those FG's into TD's they have a tie score going into that drive leading up to the INT. Funny how that works..... Who would have thought that it's better to play for TD's rather than FG's?
Or they eschew the FGs, fail to score TDs and are 3 scores down instead 2 scores down.

Or they pass on the first FG and fail to score a TD. They’re now chasing points and have to forego the 2nd FG. Even if they get the TD in this case, they’re still 2 scores down and having to press to score as they were.

The problem with the TD or bust mentality is most proponents automatically assume success. But unlike Apollo 11, failure is an option.

The reason they were in the position they were in at the end wasn’t because they kicked FGs. It was because the defense dropped their drawers and bent over on the Cards first possession after the Cowboys had closed to 21-16.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All I know is that down by 2 scores with 5 min down to 3 minutes in the game we were running it, repeatedly. That screams of a confidence in your qb problem. Regardless of missing starters, you HAVE to be throwing there! Dak didn't help that confidence by throwing the pick. So either it's a confidence issue or monumental stupidity by the HC/OC...little of both?

Reaction score
"All he cared about was scoring as much as possible"

Heaven Forbid!! We can't have offensive coordinators doing that!