The bottom line is Dak didn't deliver

gmb1

Reaction score
It’s because they had to suck to get one of those. We kept trying to be relevant with JG at the helm and always picked in our average position which was the middle of the draft. When we did have a high pick we took a RB. Now he makes $15/ year because that former coach was trying to save his job and had to have him……
Facts. All those 8-8 years did not do the Cowboys any favors.

Carter

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen

Those are the elite QB’s.

One comes along every 5 years or so. Not easy to get when every team wants one.

Burrow and Herbert are right in there too.

You basically need a Top3, best the #1 overall pick and than some luck and an Owner that doesnt handpick his QB because he wants to prove everyone hes smarter

BobSacamano

Reaction score
You all need to see how the 9ers utilized Deebo in the game. They got him involved early and often and not always as a traditional receiver. I don’t understand why Dallas wasn’t trying to get CD involved early like that as he’s a similar type of player. Have him run across the line and flip the ball to him et al as we saw at times earlier in the season.

I think what ultimately doomed the offense and contributed to the slump was Kellen’s penchant to call his version of a traditional offense, where everyone sits back and then get into their routes. It seems like Kellen splits the field into certain zones every game where it becomes very easy for opposing defenses to just go to a spot to cut the routes off. Which Kellen did nothing to make them back off.

Imo Kellen needs to go.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You all need to see how the 9ers utilized Deebo in the game. They got him involved early and often and not always as a traditional receiver. I don’t understand why Dallas wasn’t trying to get CD involved early like that as he’s a similar type of player. Have him run across the line and flip the ball to him et al as we saw at times earlier in the season.

I think what ultimately doomed the offense and contributed to the slump was Kellen’s penchant to call his version of a traditional offense, where everyone sits back and then get into their routes. It seems like Kellen splits the field into certain zones every game where it becomes very easy for opposing defenses to just go to a spot to cut the routes off. Which Kellen did nothing to make them back off.

Imo Kellen needs to go.

Kellen is vastly overrated. He seems unable or unwilling to adapt the offense to exploit defenses.......... much like his mentor jason Garret who truly beleived that if his offense was executed properly, it did not matter what the defense does. We just don't have Emmit Smith and Michael irvin.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bottom line off base

the offensive line, both with the execution and penalties cost us the game ..ill paste and cut this on all threads looking for answers.:popcorn: they torpedoed so many drives i lost count.:eek::mad::(

all those plays all game before that especially on the drive before and after halftime is on dak?> the sunlight the OL mistakes being behind the chains. I mean its blatantly obvious to actual fans to why we lost the game

the OL that's if. Other penalty's come in 2nd like pre-snap on the DL what 3 of them?

real fans who aren't emotional right now see why we lost...mistakes on the lines you win and lose in the trenches, and it cost us on both sides.
Lol, your head is stuck in the sand

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dak era needs to be over or he needs to give back half of his salary so we have a chance to compete.

The Jones’s are morons for that deal.

That deal. The Zeke deal. The DLAW deal. Hell, they even screwed up the direction of ATT stadium. They are truly the curse of the cowboys.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Ravens The Browns The Giants The FedEx team in DC The Vikings The Eagles etc etc etc all looking for that magical QB . As any consolation was watching Eagles TB game and the Edge collapsed on Hurts and rather then stand in take the shot look for a completion he soft tossed what looked like a paper towel not a football gently to the ground and ran off in a hurry from danger ….whoa Nellie …it was pathetic .

My plan to fix this wrecked team …Re sign Schultz draft at least 2 Oline in April start down the path of a rebuilt line and re tool a broken running game . Pollard is a gadget player no way no how 20 carries a game . Yes take someone in the draft can carry the rock with some authority # 21 is getting near the off ramp.

As much as the Jones clan invested in defense last offseason the offense needs fresh plasma at the blood bank . Last but not least keep Cedric Wilson in FA as well .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s because they had to suck to get one of those. We kept trying to be relevant with JG at the helm and always picked in our average position which was the middle of the draft. When we did have a high pick we took a RB. Now he makes $15/ year because that former coach was trying to save his job and had to have him……

That is not entirely true. KC was a playoff team when they drafted mahomes. They moved up from 27 to 10 to draft him. KC just had a higher expectation for their franchise than the Jones family have for the cowboys.

Aven8

Reaction score
That is not entirely true. KC was a playoff team when they drafted mahomes. They moved up from 27 to 10 to draft him. KC just had a higher expectation for their franchise than the Jones family have for the cowboys.

I wanted to get Mahomes too as I knew he was going to be a star. I’m not because I’m a Tech fan and have seen him his whole career

plymkr

Reaction score
attacked? you take things personally...I pointed out to things that had two sides. I admited when I was wrong. it was never about me winning an argument, as you really just want to win argument (remember your Wentz is tougher argument...I mean seriously.....)...

I think issue is our GM. the culture, the team he built.... its like seeing the same nightmare....again....every few years....before Dak was Romo, before Romo was Bledsoe and before him his favorite Quincy Carter...before McCarthy was Garrett and wade and parcells and his punching bag Campo. nothing has changed. Dak will be gone in a couple of year. perhaps a few years of futility and the next QB. even they might be good, but will they find success in Dallas? under Jerry? I doubt it....

we have a soft culture. Jerry finds excuses. his team finds excuses. his coaches find excuses. they point fingers...btw, I hated what Dak said about the refs. I would pelt Dak for that personally. stupid statement.

I think our best chance at success is to invest heavily into OL. I wouldn't mind drafting OL men in first and second and invest in FA if we can. get a running back in the 3rd or 4th, getting ready for Zeke departure. go back to run based team....ala Niners....that's what we should be.
Yep. Soft culture. No accountability. This team is a representation of it's owner and management. Nepotism reigns supreme in Dallas. If the management doesn't have to prove themselves then coaches don't, then the players don't. Now we have a collection of entitled, heartless people that hope to win but are not winners.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
you can blame Dak....everyone will have someone to blame to make themselves feel better. but this all comes down to the GM. this is the product the GM put together. the players, the coaches, the OC, the contracts. the culture...

and lets say you are right. its Dak. now what? you feel better? is that all you want!@? "hey I was proven right!!!".....what are we going to do? what's next...do you have a plan? realistic plan. not fantasy football.

I don't give a d@mmn about Dak, Cooper, MM, Moore, or anybody else on this team. as a fan I want a team that doesn't shrink in the big moment. a culture of a winner, not excuse makers...

this is the House Jerry built. so if you want to blame anyone. Blame Jerry, because right now, we can't get rid of Dak, Zeke due to the contracts. we got several bloated contracts like Lawrence, Smith, Collins, Martin, Cooper. and we have a team that lays eggs in big moments against good teams.

this is nothing new...its been the way for 26 years
Rinse and repeat, it's the Cowboys way.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The mistake wasn't keeping Dak, the mistake was paying him 40 million. I can live with Dak not being elite but when we pay him elite money, we're going to run into problems, starting with this upcoming offseason.
Salary cap problems

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I wanted the Cowboys to trade Dak plus a 1st and 2nd if need be to go up and get Herbert instead of paying him but people on here laughed at me.

I still believe they can win with Dak but not when you have huge holes on the offensive line and a 1 legged RB.

10 QB pressures, 5 sacks, 3 dropped passes and 5 or 6 penalties on the offensive line are a recipe for one and done with him under center.