The bottom line is Dak didn't deliver

Rayman70

Reaction score
We should at least kick the tires on Russ Wilson. But I must say, he wasnt great at times either. Not sure hes a big upgrade. AND hes 33. We did little 2 help Dak Yesterday.

Rayman70

Reaction score
40M QB bust.
I wouldn't call him that, but late in the year he regressed, and maybe some of that was the questionable play calls. Dak needs 2 get in a rhythm and 5 step drops don't do that and take too long to develop.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Despite all the penalties, bone headed plays, Dak mistakes, coaching blunders, play calling gaffes, etc., we were still completely in the game.

We got the ball down by six with 2:42 and all three timeouts left. No Nick Bosa or Fred Warner for 49ers.

This is something the great ones do all the time. These type of comebacks have almost become a cliche the last 20 years. Here's what our franchise elite 40M QB does:
Dak incomplete to Schultz
Dak to Schultz for 38
Dak sacked
Dak incomplete to Lamb
Dak incomplete to Zeke
Dak incomplete to Wilson

Unreal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
QB is the most important position on the field. If Dak game out of the tunnel ready to play, its an entirely different game. But as we all know, Dak rarely ever comes out swinging. Against good teams, he likes to wait until the game is out of reach to start piling on the numbers.

The WRs are only as good as the QB. I kept wondering during the game when the heck Wilson became the center of the offense. Amari had a TD catch but it didn't look like Dak was looking his direction most of the game. Zeke is nursing a partial PCL tear and has played like for the past 2 months.
I think there’s a reason he struggles against the good teams like many of our stars or key positions players do.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wanted to be wrong about Dak, but I didn't forget how much I was attacked by you and your buds for thinking Dak wasn't a top QB.

You admitted you was wrong though and that's more than some of the others have done.

I care about the Cowboys. That's why I will continue to ridicule the players and coaches on this team that are making my favorite team a laughing stock.
He admitted he was wrong to you.
Give him a Like.

blueblood70

Reaction score
like a lawyer trying to get a guilty man off you cherry picked your 'facts'

Fact was DAK stank it up even when he was not being pressured.
disagree its starts with the OL, Moore, NO run game, and other factors. The penalties and poor execution up front caused most of the issues ALL game and really since the bye.

almost all our penalties were in the offensive or defensive lines.the trenches lost us the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wanted the Cowboys to trade Dak plus a 1st and 2nd if need be to go up and get Herbert instead of paying him but people on here laughed at me.

I still believe they can win with Dak but not when you have huge holes on the offensive line and a 1 legged RB.

10 QB pressures, 5 sacks, 3 dropped passes and 5 or 6 penalties on the offensive line are a recipe for one and done with him under center.
NO qb is winning under those conditions consistently, Herbert has zero playoff appearances because of the same reasons. so no trading dak wouldn't help..starts up front.thats been the issue for over month now against better DLs.

OL been porous penalty machine and no run game. hard to have an offense flow with that mess.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I will say this, kinda hard 2 deliver a win IF u are being chased and on your back all game. Makes it very hard. The oline was trash. They failed us. Diggs was a mess. AB was better. We deserved what we got. Refs aside.

Shane612

Reaction score
At the professional level you have to excel at some aspects of your game to be "elite".
Excellent passer or excellent runner or excellent leader or excellent tactician...or all the above.
Dak is none of those. He is just average across board, maybe below average on one of them.
However, he's a great contract negotiator. He got Jerry to cough up $40,000,000.00 per.
:muttley:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
23-7 - the score entering the 4th quarter
27.1. Daks QBR for game
1-3. Dak's career playoff record

We can blame MM.....the refs......bottom line is that Dak didn't deliver. The players play the game and no cowboy was more underwhelming than Dak Prescott. He could not get the offense moving until SF was basically in a prevent defense.

Its on to season 7 for Dak. I hope this performance will linger in our collective memories so we can have fewer arguments next season over who this guy is. He is gutless and not a big game QB. He pads his stats against bad teams and playing catch-up against prevent defenses.

So next year when he torches the Giants for 500 yards and 8 TDs, anyone who starts posting about how great he is should be automatically considered a buffoon.
I really liked dak his rookie year and the poise he showed. I now feel he is a $40 million mistake. He’s not gonna win anything.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But no bigger morons than all the posters who were all for it.

At least Jerry was widely reported to have been asking "Are we sure?" before giving the extension. Most here were acting as though he was the GOAT.

That is just not surprising. Of course, Jerry isn't sure. How could he be sure about anything after 26 years of football failure.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really liked dak his rookie year and the poise he showed. I now feel he is a $40 million mistake. He’s not gonna win anything.

His best year was his rookie year. The coaches limited the playbook and micromanaged him during the game. His mission was to not do anything to lose the game. He can still play like that but the stardom that comes from being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys has gone to his head. We are now trying to win games with his arm and he's just not that good. You are correct. We are stuck with him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Dak era needs to be over or he needs to give back half of his salary so we have a chance to compete.

The Jones’s are morons for that deal.
You know thats not going to happen.
They are committed to Dak for at least a few more years
Probably more than any other player not named Parsons

blueblood70

Reaction score
His best year was his rookie year. The coaches limited the playbook and micromanaged him during the game. His mission was to not do anything to lose the game. He can still play like that but the stardom that comes from being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys has gone to his head. We are now trying to win games with his arm and he's just not that good. You are correct. We are stuck with him.
wrong

team game offensive line was beyond horrible the last 3-4 games against equal or better talent on the DL..go check the stats from the past game al the sacks, pressures, and penalties and nothing in the run game. Thats front and center and all there to see. if you cant see that's the sole issue in many of the losses down the stretch, YOU ARE BLIND!

its obvious you need an OL to pass block, provide a better holes for the run game, and hard to be QB with no run game and running on more plays they you are not.

add in penalties that seemingly instead of playing the NFL game where 10yards = a 1st down, its 1st and 20, 2nd and 11, 3rd 9 most of the game ..you cant be successful doing that..be factual, sure hes not elite can't overcome massive hemorrhaging by the OL and OC that isn't providing and consistency in which to feel comfortable IE a pocket, run game, and what not.

that easy for damn casual fan to see, let alone a fan who thinks they follow football closely as some of you claim.

you cant play behind the chains consistently, big plays all called back, and defenses taking the run game away and KNOW you are passing nearly every down.

that is 100% real facts, period.

blame who you want but tired of emotional whining from emotional fans blaming the qb or hc or curtains when the real issues have been the OL and OC against the better talent.

think of how many close games we are losing to those equal teams. 3, 2, 3, 10, 6 etc etc. we are in them ALL.

dont think for moment how fine line that is where we have 14 penalties in each two of those games and only lost by that margin, we have the talent but in the trenches the O made the mistakes that cost us far more then 7 points. then go to the DL Sunday they had what 3 offsides penalties all pre snap so sf got to play 1st and 5 many snaps.

i mean if anyone thinks this was a HC or QB issue, they are just running with the same narratives and hate toward those individuals and not seeing as group the Offensive line failed us and the Offensive coordinator is big issue in chess game vs Better teams with zero run game, allowed them to have us playing one handed.IE one dimensional
thats truth, period.

tired of this nonsense!

dak didn't play perfectly nor did any one on the team in some games sure it happens

however, we weren't embarrassed or blown out like say NE and AZ were. these games came down to a small margin and its the mistakes ie penalties that cost us this game and many. when you are playing a Beter or equal team , that what separates you and Dak while not perfect is a top 10 qb and not the sole issue,

wake up this isnt homer rose colored glasses evaluation, its real facts. they say games are lost and won i the trenches and well we for sure had the weaker OL play and had some mistakes on the DL.

now back to real Iife issues.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Despite all the penalties, bone headed plays, Dak mistakes, coaching blunders, play calling gaffes, etc., we were still completely in the game.

We got the ball down by six with 2:42 and all three timeouts left. No Nick Bosa or Fred Warner for 49ers.

This is something the great ones do all the time. These type of comebacks have almost become a cliche the last 20 years. Here's what our franchise elite 40M QB does:
Dak incomplete to Schultz
Dak to Schultz for 38
Dak sacked
Dak incomplete to Lamb
Dak incomplete to Zeke
Dak incomplete to Wilson

Unreal.

You forgot to add the cover 0 all out blitz on the incompletion to Wilson. Seems like an important detail there you decided to leave out.

But in the end, Dak did fall short as the starting QB. Another off season of what ifs, here we go….