The Brandon Carr Issue

birdwells1

Reaction score
In the natural cycle of front office personnel no one should still be around to have ptsd from a free agent acquisition 12 years ago. Even in successful organizations the cycle would have different people in place and that's what's wrong in Dallas in a nutshell.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the natural cycle of front office personnel no one should still be around to have ptsd from a free agent acquisition 12 years ago. Even in successful organizations the cycle would have different people in place and that's what's wrong in Dallas in a nutshell.
Sad thing is, Jerry and Stephen are still here and that's all that matters. You'd think they'd be over that, I guess them paying this much money really put a damper in them for years as they've made more and more money every year! You win some, you lose some!!!

They say you can't build a team through free agency, we're not asking them to do that at all!! We just want them to add a piece or 2, and stop always shopping at the bottom of the barrel

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
and the crazy thing is Carr was NOT that bad of a signing. Overpaid, yes. But he should not be the one who spurred this drastic shift in how the team operates in FA.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It wasn't. The problem was he regressed as a player and was massively overpaid.

Underperforming and overpaid is a very sour taste.
I get it. But being overpaid is par for the course for most free agents. At least he was solid player and dependable. It wasn't like Nandi Asoumgua, who we nearly signed that year and wound up being a massive failure in Philly.

I agree. He had that one bad game against Megatron that soured his career.

One of many CBs. That line is a mile long.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It wasn't. The problem was he regressed as a player and was massively overpaid.

Underperforming and overpaid is a very sour taste.
I think some players who get a big contract like that probably back off a bit in their aggressiveness. I mean if you get hurt in the 1st year of the new contract, you won’t see all that money.

The Natural

Reaction score
I was going through the paintful exercise of looking at our March FA signings over the past decade and had to stop 5 years in, it was absolutely brutal. We have got to stop dumpster diving and make a real impact signing on the first two days of FA, enough is enough.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You hit on some and you miss on some in FA. It's just the way it works. Carr had a lot of hype coming out of KC. I remember cruising the Chiefs boards and they were all bummed to see him go. He was a solid player, that yes was overpaid, but it's not like he completely flamed out. If this FO is really hung up on that contract.......well I was going to say they shouldn't be running a football team.....but we already knew that. haha

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
don't forget when we got Cooper because a choker, who will not be named, was choking up the joint. Then we got rid of him because he hurt the unnamed guy's feelings.