The Brandon Carr Issue

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, both of those deals were all-time fails lol.. :facepalm:
  • Joey Galloway was given a 6yr deal for $42-million., acquired in a trade with Seattle for two first round picks.
  • Roy Williams-{WR} signed a 6yr deal for $54-million., acquired in a trade with the Lions for a first, third and sixth round picks.
Unbelievably, Galloway tore his ACL in his FIRST GAME as a Cowboy; He was never the same player afterwards.; And then there was Roy Williams lol.. Ole Jerruh saw him as a true number one WR, but we quickly found out that Williams was barely a number three WR on a good day:oops:..
I could not have said it better myself!

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and the crazy thing is Carr was NOT that bad of a signing. Overpaid, yes. But he should not be the one who spurred this drastic shift in how the team operates in FA.
I agree. You have to pay top dollar for an above average CB. Carr was a very sold player for us for a number of years. He even went to Baltimore after Dallas and played well there. I wouldn’t call that signing a miss at all.

stiletto

Reaction score
Their attitude to FA is pretty much the opposite of how Jerry got rich. By taking risks. You can't hit a home run if you don't swing. They've been taking a lot of pitches since Brandon Carr. Happy with walks. It's lame.