The Brandon Carr Issue

kskboys

Reaction score
In the natural cycle of front office personnel no one should still be around to have ptsd from a free agent acquisition 12 years ago. Even in successful organizations the cycle would have different people in place and that's what's wrong in Dallas in a nutshell.
Yup. I betcha if someone asked Jerry he still does not know that Carr was a #2 type CB. He has no idea why Brandon wasn't all that.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was pretty solid for us. Had a big pick against the Steelers that I vividly remember. These dudes just know how to throw out excuses to allow them to be cheap in FA lol
He was, but we paid him like a #1 CB, and he never was.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the Williams WR and Carr moves think they have accepted the fact they suck at the job and resort to whatever pick falls to them.
Heck, the Bills snagged Kincaid right under their noses.
They are what they are an off-the-cuff F/O that is clueless about players in general.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Problem was. He was suppose to be an elite shutdown corner and was paid as much. Not paid to be "solid".
like i said though, that was a failure in evaluation before they purchased the product.

HungryLion

Reaction score
and the crazy thing is Carr was NOT that bad of a signing. Overpaid, yes. But he should not be the one who spurred this drastic shift in how the team operates in FA.
Agree 100%! He was overpaid some. But the dude played every single game and was a solid corner. It’s not like it was a complete FA bust.

tm1119

Reaction score
It’s even more insane when you consider that Brandon Carr wasn’t even a bad signing. Would I call it a good signing? No, he was probably overpaid by a few mil a year based on production. But in any scenario where a free starts literally every single game of the contract at an above average level it’s shouldn’t be a “nightmare” scenario like everyone paints the Carr situation as. The 3 or so million Carr was overpaid a year was never even close to the reason those Cowboys team didn’t succeed.

I don’t even buy that this is why Jerry has sworn off free agency. I think it has a lot more to do with Jerry realizing that he doesn’t have to spend money to make money. I’ll never believe that Jerry’s #1 priority is winning.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Didn’t OBJ catch the ball one handed over his shoulder on Carr or is my memory faulty . I thought Collinsworth was going to fall out of the booth panting and heaving .

jrumann59

Reaction score
"Frontline" FA very seldom live up to their contract. You pay them thinking you are getting them at their best when usually you are getting them as they start that slide.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Didn’t OBJ catch the ball one handed over his shoulder on Carr or is my memory faulty . I thought Collinsworth was going to fall out of the booth panting and heaving .
It was OBJ it was a freak-ish catch that 9 times out of 10 probably falls incomplete, Carr was there nothing he could have done

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"Frontline" FA very seldom live up to their contract. You pay them thinking you are getting them at their best when usually you are getting them as they start that slide.
When you think about it none of them really work out. A big part is because these guys are past their prime when their contract is up.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
and the crazy thing is Carr was NOT that bad of a signing. Overpaid, yes. But he should not be the one who spurred this drastic shift in how the team operates in FA.
He was a broken car on blocks. He was that bad.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I'm still reeling from the Joey Galloway / Roy Williams franchise crushing deals Jerry did. I think that was before Spawn was around.
Oh yeah, both of those deals were all-time fails lol.. :facepalm:
  • Joey Galloway was given a 6yr deal for $42-million., acquired in a trade with Seattle for two first round picks.
  • Roy Williams-{WR} signed a 6yr deal for $54-million., acquired in a trade with the Lions for a first, third and sixth round picks.
Unbelievably, Galloway tore his ACL in his FIRST GAME as a Cowboy; He was never the same player afterwards.; And then there was Roy Williams lol.. Ole Jerruh saw him as a true number one WR, but we quickly found out that Williams was barely a number three WR on a good day:oops:..