The Brandon Carr Issue

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In the natural cycle of front office personnel no one should still be around to have ptsd from a free agent acquisition 12 years ago. Even in successful organizations the cycle would have different people in place and that's what's wrong in Dallas in a nutshell.
I don’t think they have ptsd over Carr. Maybe I’m not remembering well but he was solid here.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the natural cycle of front office personnel no one should still be around to have ptsd from a free agent acquisition 12 years ago. Even in successful organizations the cycle would have different people in place and that's what's wrong in Dallas in a nutshell.
Once bitten twice shy I guess. Brandon Carr no way lived up to that contract but he was durable and that is a trait that befuddles most newly minted millionaires in the NFL. Props for that Brandon Carr. But Jerry expected more and rightfully so. So he has been reluctant to do that type of contract ever since. You are 100 percent correct in your observation of this front office.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He was pretty solid for us. Had a big pick against the Steelers that I vividly remember. These dudes just know how to throw out excuses to allow them to be cheap in FA lol
Exactly he was a completely solid CB. He didn't have elite speed or ball skills. He was never going to be a lock down corner. They should have known this when they acquired him.

Furthermore, during some of his time here, the rest of the secondary was so porous that it made him look worse than he was.

CWR

Reaction score
I get it. But being overpaid is par for the course for most free agents. At least he was solid player and dependable. It wasn't like Nandi Asoumgua, who we nearly signed that year and wound up being a massive failure in Philly.

One of many CBs. That line is a mile long.
On top of that he was durable. It wasn't a terrible signing. I could understand PTSD if we signed Haynesworth and he turned into a blob of crap.

Big_D

Reaction score
What is going on this week ....... a Drew Henson and Brandon Carr thread in 2024.

Supposedly Brandon Carr is the reason this team treats free agency like it doesn't exist. They won't spend big ever again after that which isn't really a stretch since their FA activity has really been nonexistent.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On top of that he was durable. It wasn't a terrible signing. I could understand PTSD if we signed Haynesworth and he turned into a blob of crap.
just imagine some of the first round draft picks we went through to scout etc for them to be duds!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
but but but we are all in.....people said this is our need. fan base wanted it. we got somebody who has a big name.

probably this year it will be either a LB or RB. older, not as expensive. short term contract....then "we are all in"

shabazz

Reaction score
Players do the same thing, making money is all that matters these days...
I can understand the need to grab the bag the 1st... and even 2nd contract. But when dude is already set for life AND has endorsement deals, I would think they could give a team friendly discount after that to get a championship.

Some high priced players have done it multiple times....and some don't and won't.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Exactly he was a completely solid CB. He didn't have elite speed or ball skills. He was never going to be a lock down corner. They should have known this when they acquired him.

Furthermore, during some of his time here, the rest of the secondary was so porous that it made him look worse than he was.
Problem was. He was suppose to be an elite shutdown corner and was paid as much. Not paid to be "solid".

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I just think it was more a change in philosphy rather than PTSD. Brandon Carr wasn't a terrible free agent signing, he was a pretty good player here he just wasn't an elite corner which perhaps everyone thought he was becoming. That's usually what you get in free agency, because most teams don't let elite players walk away for nothing.