The Break and Talking Cowboys switching up again

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I really hate it that people can't handle the truth.....And everyone lives in their own little world....and can't see through the BS the media feeds them. Yeah...I got a problem w/ that.:rolleyes:
Yes. It's everyone else.

Satchel89

Reaction score
So you are going to have Broddus/ Mickey constantly bickering and Stern butchering the English language on the Talking? That just sounds painful to get through.
Ya, You're right about that. Those two can get very ridiculous with each other. Broaddus can't stand it when Mickey talks about the weather. They can make it unwatchable

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
IMO, that "Talkin' Cowboys" lineup is destined to be a train wreck. Broaddus and Spags are not capable of keeping it civil for an entire season. We already see Rob Phillips and Spags getting cantankerous with each other at times so I can't wait to see Broaddus and Phillips gang up on something Spangs says. Meanwhile, I'll be curious to see how Taylor Stern interacts with this group.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Broaddus and Spags are not capable of keeping it civil for an entire season.

In all seriousness, I think you have something there.

There was/is a humility about how Eatman and Eagleton presented their opinions that I felt compelled Broaddus to keep his tenacity in-check. (And of course, it goes without saying, he was never going to beat up a girl for her opinions regardless.)

That's not the case with Mickey.

Honestly, it makes for some better listening from where I sit and from where Mickey's air time is concerned--Mickey needs someone ready and willing and able to challenge him, otherwise, he's pretty mundane.

But, that's only so long as Broaddus and him maintain some boundaries. It could get argumentative and cringe-worthy instead of deliberative and compelling real quick if they don't.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I could watch/listen to Taylor Stern read the dictionary.

Not to stray too far off topic... but just generally, I find any woman significantly more attractive when she knows something more about football than what team wears what colors/uniforms. The more she seems to know, the more it enhances the visuals. I bet I'm not alone, and I believe it's one of the great non-secret secrets that flies over top of most females who are otherwise trying to make themselves attractive to men.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I, too, liked Break, as-is... and there's really no one on the other podcasts that I cared to listen to. So, this will compel me to see if I can stand to listen to Talkin with its new mix. Probably so--Broaddus I noticed was really good at pushing Mickey into some actually interesting comments last week when they were on the same podcast (whatever they were calling it). Mickey's usefulness, to me anyway, is mainly in his recall of Cowboys history.

Never "hated on" Stern, but to the contrary, the first time she was able to recite names of players cut two years ago that I'd long since forgotten, I had to appreciate her as a legit voice. Let's face it, females have a respect curve to deal with in her profession, even among us who try to consciously prevent ourselves from any prejudice... but pretty much any criticism I have of her has everything to-do with her youth, not her estrogen levels. She has some respect from my corner.
Speak for yourself with bold. Females don't have a respect curve from me. It doesn't matter male/female do you know what your talking about. If you do cool if not I got problems with you if you're acting as if you're an authority on something. It's that simple with no bias for me but you apparently have that bias.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Nothing to do with that. She is a boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore.
I don't even think she's a bore but I need these guys to stop the everytime you dislike a female it has to be because you're some misogynist or have bias against women. Sometimes you can just dislike the person regardless of the gender. Nobody ever says you're bias towards men when you say you don't like them and I definitely have more of them I don't like than women sports host.

_sturt_

Reaction score
@Philmonroe I need you to stop assuming that every time we speak at a broad level about the culture, for whatever reason you leap to the assumption that we're pointing fingers and calling anyone "misogynist" who dares say a word against a female such as Stern.

It's fair and totally accurate to say that that culture exists. That's where it was left.

Whether you or anyone else here is part of that culture is not anything... speaking for myself, as you suggested... I would have even thought to bring up.... 'twas a "where did that come from" moment for me, or in other Shakesperean words, "methinks he doth protest too much."

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I agree that Broddus handles him best, but seeing as neither backs down it is a lot of arguing to wade through for Cowboys information. I thought Brian really excelled away from Mickey on the calmer atmosphere of the break.

I think the conflict is entertaining mostly during the time of year when everything is opinion based. Like Preseason. I'm a fan of Broduss and less so of Mickey. I think a bitbg part will be how good they are this year because it was ALOT of conflict when team was bad.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I'll miss the current 'Break' crew, I thought it was perfect. Great chemistry, and I learned a lot. The changeup improves Talkin' Cowboys though, it was super stale now. Nate went off on tangents way too often. Mickey can't act like a know it all as much because of how opinionated and knowledgable Bryan and Taye are. Glad Helman is a regular on the Break, he's probably my favorite aside from Broaddus. I just hope they find a better fourth person than Lindsay Cash, I don't think she adds anything to the podcase, she doesn't have opinions.

Nate got sent to the minors. Who wants to be on the 'On Air' crew? It was ok when Helman was on it, haven't heard it once since he left

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just caught the last episode of "The Break" as we currently know it. Derrick tossing the hosting duties to Taylor and I must say, she didn't do all that bad. Apparently she will be keeping those hosting duties once "Talkin' Cowboys" picks up again mid-July at TC. I'm very curious to see how the dynamics between Taylor, Mickey, Broaddus and Rob works out.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
@Philmonroe I need you to stop assuming that every time we speak at a broad level about the culture, for whatever reason you leap to the assumption that we're pointing fingers and calling anyone "misogynist" who dares say a word against a female such as Stern.

It's fair and totally accurate to say that that culture exists. That's where it was left.

Whether you or anyone else here is part of that culture is not anything... speaking for myself, as you suggested... I would have even thought to bring up.... 'twas a "where did that come from" moment for me, or in other Shakesperean words, "methinks he doth protest too much."
Its not an assumption but the truth because do you do this for men? If not it's not an assumption on my part but the truth. Shakespeare would have different words in the new world with all the self important folks running around nowadays but again you could use those same words on yourself too.

It just gets tiresome when some guys stay with that rhetoric when it's not even needed then say I meant nothing when something is said about it.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Its not an assumption but the truth because do you do this for men? If not it's not an assumption on my part but the truth. Shakespeare would have different words in the new world with all the self important folks running around nowadays but again you could use those same words on yourself too.

It just gets tiresome when some guys stay with that rhetoric when it's not even needed then say I meant nothing when something is said about it.

"Do I do"... what... "for men?"

Talk about a respect curve in the (sports world) culture?

The very idea, my friend, of a "curve" is that there is an inherent difference... just by saying there is a respect curve suggests that, in this case, one group of people is predisposed to a palpable lesser respect than another group of people. Don't be obtuse for the sake of argument, please... there's no legitimate argument to be made as-if one can deny there exists in the population a group of people who, when for instance they hear a female play-by-play announcer, their automatic reaction is to recoil.

No one that I see here, including yours truly, thought to point you or anyone else out as being guilty of that. No one. All that was said is that that exists, and I was merely addressing/exploring my own slight problem with Stern's cohort, not her sex.

That. Is. All.

Nothing more to it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You can tell some of the younger dudes on there think Mickey is ridiculous. Rob (?) sometimes loses patience with Mickey when he sits there and tries to argue a point nobody has made.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Not to stray too far off topic... but just generally, I find any woman significantly more attractive when she knows something more about football than what team wears what colors/uniforms. The more she seems to know, the more it enhances the visuals. I bet I'm not alone, and I believe it's one of the great non-secret secrets that flies over top of most females who are otherwise trying to make themselves attractive to men.

Taylor knows a little bit. Enough to get the motor fired up :)

Yuma Cactus

Reaction score
Nate and Taylor are turrable. Glad that Nate is going to On Air as I have never made it more than 10 minutes into that show. Josh is the worst. Glad to get more Cowbell (Tiny Jim).