The Break and Talking Cowboys switching up again

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can never get enough of Broaddus and Mickey giving each other hell.
One of my favorites:
(Start at 3:00 mark and ramps-up around 9:00)
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2013/12/30/talkin-cowboys-8-8-8-8-and-8-8

From favorite to least favorite:
- Helman
- Eatman
- Broaddus
- Rob
- Mickey
- Derrek
- Tate
- Nate

Like xwalker stated earlier, I like KT and Cavanaugh from 105.3

Taylor is simply too distracting for me. Not just the waste of time with the "Tay what" segment, but also her voice (someone called it 'vocal fry') and her constant momentum killing attempts at humor. It has nothing to do with age...just maturity. Helman is probably the same age, but they're leagues apart in how they carry themselves.
Nate is also annoying. He simply slows down the show to wear I catch my attention wandering in and out. I'll be listening to the show and then find myself zoning-out on once he starts going.

JBond

Reaction score
I like Nate. The guy is spot on many times. People send their messages in different ways. He isn't shy about who he likes and who he is not a fan of. He see the spark in some, and not others.

Anyway, first time I listened to any of the shows was last year, because I was getting sick and tired of Chiefs radio guys spewing Chiefs will have a deep run, they may win the next two, etc.

During a commute, I will dial in/log in to any Cowboys news I can, including official Cowboys propaganda. They all seemed ok to me. Except for the damn commercials. The same boring crap over and over.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
If they could just find a way to hook up an equalizer to Mickey's mic, I could probably stand him for more than 5 minutes. He starts yelling to annunciate how much more he knows than everyone else, and it makes my ears bleed.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No, nope that is you living in your own little world and everybody else looking concerned when said world rubs up against them. If you had to number yourself between 1, being the sanest person on the planet, and 10, being nuttier then squirrel poop, would you pick 100 or 1000?
:laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
One of my favorites:
(Start at 3:00 mark and ramps-up around 9:00)
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2013/12/30/talkin-cowboys-8-8-8-8-and-8-8

From favorite to least favorite:
- Helman
- Eatman
- Broaddus
- Rob
- Mickey
- Derrek
- Tate
- Nate

Like xwalker stated earlier, I like KT and Cavanaugh from 105.3

Taylor is simply too distracting for me. Not just the waste of time with the "Tay what" segment, but also her voice (someone called it 'vocal fry') and her constant momentum killing attempts at humor. It has nothing to do with age...just maturity. Helman is probably the same age, but they're leagues apart in how they carry themselves.
Nate is also annoying. He simply slows down the show to wear I catch my attention wandering in and out. I'll be listening to the show and then find myself zoning-out on once he starts going.
OMG... that got to the point of uncomfortable to watch. They were already at odds because they started without Mickey and it just went downhill from there. It's obvious the person that made the decision to pair these two up again has forgotten why they were separated in the first place. It's only a matter of time before they get a similar discussion going back and forth and Taylor ends up crying.

Pandora

Reaction score
When are people gonna realize Spagnola borders on being a pedophile?...playing w/ all the girlie interns...Just a coincidence?

And what's up with Broaddus constantly retweeting pictures of scantily clad young women? Is he hoping to get laid that way? Feels very, very odd for a 50+ year old man.

Dundalis

Reaction score
I like Nate. The guy is spot on many times. People send their messages in different ways. He isn't shy about who he likes and who he is not a fan of. He see the spark in some, and not others.

Anyway, first time I listened to any of the shows was last year, because I was getting sick and tired of Chiefs radio guys spewing Chiefs will have a deep run, they may win the next two, etc.

During a commute, I will dial in/log in to any Cowboys news I can, including official Cowboys propaganda. They all seemed ok to me. Except for the damn commercials. The same boring crap over and over.
The problem with Nate is that sometimes he takes so damn long uming and ahing that by the time he's finished his sentence I've forgotten what the premise was. He's just flat out bad a lot of the time at communicating his point, which is an issue on a radio show. Sometimes I actually prefer someone who communicates his point well even if I disagree, than someone saying something I agree with in a verbally butchered way. As someone else mentioned I just zone out with the latter, I cannot keep focused. The former, even if I might be miffed/irked, still keeps me engaged.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The problem with Nate is that sometimes he takes so damn long uming and ahing that by the time he's finished his sentence I've forgotten what the premise was. He's just flat out bad a lot of the time at communicating his point, which is an issue on a radio show. Sometimes I actually prefer someone who communicates his point well even if I disagree, than someone saying something I agree with in a verbally butchered way. As someone else mentioned I just zone out with the latter, I cannot keep focused. The former, even if I might be miffed/irked, still keeps me engaged.
If listening to Nate is that hard to listen to then how do you deal with it when loyal Cowboys fan Nebbie calls in from time to time? He can't help how he talks any more than Nate can. Sometimes you just have to be more patient with people.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If listening to Nate is that hard to listen to then how do you deal with it when loyal Cowboys fan Nebbie calls in from time to time? He can't help how he talks any more than Nate can. Sometimes you just have to be more patient with people.

I fast forward through Neb. They always summate his question after the fact. I will be patient when I need to be and I don't need to be there.

Nate talks like he is from the rural south prior to the modern era. I have no issue with it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I fast forward through Neb. They always summate his question after the fact. I will be patient when I need to be and I don't need to be there.

Nate talks like he is from the rural south prior to the modern era. I have no issue with it.
I don't listen to these shows live anymore but in the past back when Steve Dennis was on Talkin' Cowboys, he would roll his eyes and his displeasure at taking Neb's call was pretty obvious. I do the same as you when Neb calls but I do like to hear the answers because the questions asked are usually pretty good.

I guess I'm just use to the way Nate Newton talks and have no issue with it either.