The Browns are idiots

Verdict

Reaction score
Although the perception was that Mayfield was not the top QB in this draft, that does not mean NFL people thought the same. W/ the huge question marks surrounding every QB in this draft, I'm not sure Mayfield wasn't the top prospect. If he were 2 inches taller, he would easily be the top QB in this draft. So, if you need a QB and you have the first pick, you take the one you perceive as the best, don't dick around and don't get cute, you take him.

Now taking a CB at 4 over Chubb and Nelson, that was dumb!!!

Mayfield was the right pick at #1. In not crazy about their #4 pick, but they play in the same division as the Steelers and if their CB can shut down Antonio Brown he would be worth the pick.

jay94

Reaction score
@jay94

I am not a Mayfield guy. The Browns are stupid for allowing Denver to take Chubb and get exactly what they needed to be contenders in the AFC. Ogbah is a solid rotational guy but Chubb added a whole lotta nitro to that engine on defense.

I am not a Chubb guy, I say this with Chubb being an elite prospect, I see more of a career upside of someone say a Greg Ellis very good player and actually underrated because of his draft position, but at 5 your expected to be a bonafied star and I don't see that out of Chubb. I will say having the best pass rusher in the league should definitely help him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
@jay94

I am not a Mayfield guy. The Browns are stupid for allowing Denver to take Chubb and get exactly what they needed to be contenders in the AFC. Ogbah is a solid rotational guy but Chubb added a whole lotta nitro to that engine on defense.
Chubb was a gift, yes.
You dont honestly think Denver is an AFC contender do you?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honestly, I think they may end up in last place in their division.
But thats what they play the games for!

Yup, we'll see. But, that defense is solid, and Keenum is at least a decent bus driver. They have a solid defense, and their WRs are decent.

jay94

Reaction score
I like the Chargers out of the West, a team that has legitimate injury issues every year, not where they can clamor on to one or two key guys and blame a lost season on.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like the Chargers out of the West, a team that has legitimate injury issues every year, not where they can clamor on to one or two key guys and blame a lost season on.

I'm biased because, when Denver's not playing us, I will always pull for them, and my best friend is a huge Broncos fan. So, I'll take Denver out of that division lol.

jay94

Reaction score
I'm biased because, when Denver's not playing us, I will always pull for them, and my best friend is a huge Broncos fan. So, I'll take Denver out of that division lol.

When Ware was there I was biased too, don't feel bad :) He was my last favorite player, now I feel to old for that bs lol.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Chubb was a gift, yes.
You dont honestly think Denver is an AFC contender do you?
Yes, obviously they have issues or else they wouldn't be selecting 5th but that defense is good. Roby and Harris are the starting corners, studs. Gave Von a running buddy in Chubb to go with a good front seven that is still good. I like Keenum with the wrs they have to not screw up. I think they can easily challenge for the division or get a wildcard spot.

jay94

Reaction score
The Wr's in Denver are not the issue, if you were talking the Cowboys I could get on board.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I propose not allowing top 5 picks in more than 2 straight drafts. Force them to improve or hire better decision makers.

They have hired a new g.m. late in 2017, you gotta give them credit for trying at least. Don't know if he will do any better, but he is new....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's got excellent talent, and I think that Chubb and Garrett would be a better pair than the CB they got.

Garrett missed 5 games last year due to an injury, so he's not had a huge chance to improve the team, if he can stay healthy and be the player he was projected to be, and if Chubb does much at all, the defense may be much improved.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I know that lol. I was having a jab at them. In all seriousness, like I said just after the draft, they need to be booted out of the league if they can't win at least 4 games this season after all the draft picks that they had.

To think they had 6 of the top 65 picks in this draft...and came away with....

Mayfield
Ward
Austin Corbett
Nick Chubb
Chad Thomas
Tyrod Taylor

What they could of had....

Saquon Barkley
Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Courtland Sutton
Justin Reid
Ronnie Harrison
Maurice Hurst
Shaquem Griffin

Just crazy the trades these guys made to move up and down...and what they ended up w/. Even trading Danny Shelton was dumb...(not a big fan...but he was servicable)...now they have???? A gapping hole in the middle of their D.:lmao2:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To think they had 6 of the top 65 picks in this draft...and came away with....

Mayfield
Ward
Austin Corbett
Nick Chubb
Chad Thomas
Tyrod Taylor

What they could of had....

Saquon Barkley
Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Courtland Sutton
Justin Reid
Ronnie Harrison
Maurice Hurst
Shaquem Griffin

Just crazy the trades these guys made to move up and down...and what they ended up w/. Even trading Danny Shelton was dumb...(not a big fan...but he was servicable)...now they have???? A gapping hole in the middle of their D.:lmao2:

Yup! And, considering the RBs in that division, I'd be STUNNED if they get 5 wins this year just from that alone. Their defense is easy to run against.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yup! And, considering the RBs in that division, I'd be STUNNED if they get 5 wins this year just from that alone. Their defense is easy to run against.

Honestly...I'm shocked they didn't make a run @ David Irving....w/ 3 #2....they could have stole him. but hey...we both agree...It's the browns.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honestly...I'm shocked they didn't make a run @ David Irving....w/ 3 #2....they could have stole him. but hey...we both agree...It's the browns.

That would've actually been smart on their part, and helpful to us lol. But, like you said, it's the Browns, and they're a prime reason I want a promotion/relegation system in the NFL. They are a disgrace to the NFL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
66ae7e64af858c2413332e2dea394dd7.jpg

Johnny23

Reaction score
I am not a Chubb guy, I say this with Chubb being an elite prospect, I see more of a career upside of someone say a Greg Ellis very good player and actually underrated because of his draft position, but at 5 your expected to be a bonafied star and I don't see that out of Chubb. I will say having the best pass rusher in the league should definitely help him.
Fair enough. I think he landed in the perfect spot for him to be impactful fast