Twitter: The Cardinals Just Made Kyler Murray The Second Highest Paid QB Per Year

basel90

Reaction score
This makes absolutely no sense. You say Dak has not proven he can lead a team to a CCG or SB yet, and follow up with Watson is capable indeed. Where do you get that from? Because Watson has not led his team to a CCG or SB yet either. Matter of fact Watson also has one win in the playoffs LOL
i understand your argument and the number of wins are identical but many would agree with me that watson talent level is at a different level , depsite his off field issues. no organization would pick dak over watson if not for his issues . Not to mention dak enjoyed better talent around him than the texans. Watson almost put the Texans in the CCG if not for a late meltdwon.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak has played 5 complete seasons with one playoff win, not great, correct???

Well when P. Manning and Brees only had ONE playoff win in their first 5 seasons, and didn't show the ability to lead their teams to the CCG or the SB yet, did you say these same things about them???

In no way am i saying Dak will have the careers they've had and I can't definitively say he won't..... but within his first 5 full seasons, he put out the same production they did, won the same amount of playoff games they did, and in some ways a little more production within that time frame.

So did you say the same thing about their one playoff win and inability to lead their teams to the CCG and SB within that first 5 seasons as well????
you are correct in terms of pure numbers in the first 5 seasons. but as you mention, i would love to have dak achieve half what these two HOF QBs did. Sadly , the way he is not progressing in the essential game situations and reading of the defenses, seems to be Payton and Brees are way way superior as QBs and not many will predicct Dak will be compared at any stage with these 2. Dak is now being compared to tony romo , who many including me think was a much better passer .

phildadon86

Reaction score
Just the result of football becoming more about marketing than football. We're a weak- minded and easily- manipulated populace.

Baseball and basketball are more ridiculous, not to mention soccer.

Sports are dead essentially. Winning is way down the list of priorities.
Don’t bring soccer into this

Blitzen

Reaction score
And then the owner would have fired you in 2 seasons when you don’t have an upgrade at QB. You’re thinking about this solely as a fan and not from a franchise point of view.

This the NFL which is the league of parity. You have a QB who can make you competitive and give you a chance you sign him to the contract the market dictates. Plain and simple. This isn’t my preference it’s just reality.

I’m glad most of the thread sees it this way too. Used to have to fight in the Dak pre-contract days about how this works. Guess after seeing that all franchises operate like this a-lot of us have calmed down.

Keep fighting the good fight against NFL contracts though. I’m sure one of these owners will hear ya and tell the rest of them to stop paying non elite guys. Maybe you’ll be the one that changes it, who knows lol.

So you’re trying to tell another fan how to express their opinions on a message board? The other guy likely understands the reality of NFL business. Nothing we say here matters to the actual NFL business (negative or positive). It’s just a place to celebrate, vent, and discuss topics.

That being said there are GM’s/front offices that go another direction even though they have a competitive QB. Tyrod Taylor getting replaced with Josh Allen. Alex Smith replaced by Pat Mahomes. Jared Goff replaced by Matt Stafford. Jimmy Garoppolo about to be replaced with Trey Lance. Baker Mayfield replaced with Deshaun Watson. You get the point. It’s reality. Get used to it. There are fairly successful teams that will dump a mid tier QB (and not keep extending them) in the hopes of greater success.

My greatest fear as a fan of this team seems to be coming true. We are not one of those teams that seem more desperate for greater success than just making the playoffs. The team seems to be shooting for a low to mid B and never worse than a D.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
The BILLION dollar QB? With at least half of it guaranteed.

Do not laugh. If NFL revenues continue to grow as they have this century then we could see it. IMO the "Half Billion" dollar babe with much of it guaranteed is likely alive right now and perhaps playing ball in middle school or even high school. Perhaps the Billion dollar guy is already alive and living among us. If not he is at least a twinkle in his dad's eye. Amazing isn't it?

I think I need to visit my grand sons and start throwing the 'ole pigskin around with them. A lot. Just saying.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i understand your argument and the number of wins are identical but many would agree with me that watson talent level is at a different level , depsite his off field issues. no organization would pick dak over watson if not for his issues . Not to mention dak enjoyed better talent around him than the texans. Watson almost put the Texans in the CCG if not for a late meltdwon.

we are not gonna downgrade the talent the Texans had to try to prop up Watson, no sir. The Texans had a top 7ish defense every year from 2010-2019. They had deandre Hopkins who was the best WR in the league for a time. Watson had a more competent coaching staff than Jason Garrett led cowboys. With all those things he has 1 playoff win. Watson was apart of the meltdown and blown lead after being up 21-0 against the chiefs. He has done nothing more than Dak period.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You know I love Dak but I think Kyler is a better quarterback. Arizona has no weapons. Especially when Hopkins went down. You think his contract is bad wait until you see Lamar’s money.

Oh Arizona has weapons. I think a little better than ours. Now that Cooper is gone we don't have the weapons like they do.

basel90

Reaction score
we are not gonna downgrade the talent the Texans had to try to prop up Watson, no sir. The Texans had a top 7ish defense every year from 2010-2019. They had deandre Hopkins who was the best WR in the league for a time. Watson had a more competent coaching staff than Jason Garrett led cowboys. With all those things he has 1 playoff win. Watson was apart of the meltdown and blown lead after being up 21-0 against the chiefs. He has done nothing more than Dak period.
valid points to argue as am not 100% sold on Watson either.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's always comforting and a good sign when you have to include contract language that assures your QB will actually study the opponent during the week.