Twitter: The Cardinals Just Made Kyler Murray The Second Highest Paid QB Per Year

Flamma

Reaction score
The Dak contract looks better every day. As predicted. Watson might not even play this year. Murray?????? It’s insane. Wasn’t the guy supposed to be shopped around because of his attitude? Then this. What has Murray done in his career to be paid like this?

Think like an owner, not like a fan. What's your goal? It's like any other business, to make your product popular, in order to make more money. Not a lot of owners primary focus is to win championships. They basically paid Murray so that they'll be in the playoffs every year. In a few years his contract will be more than paid for.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Think like an owner, not like a fan. What's your goal? It's like any other business, to make your product popular, in order to make more money. Not a lot of owners primary focus is to win championships. They basically paid Murray so that they'll be in the playoffs every year. In a few years his contract will be more than paid for.
That is the barrier that I think a lot of the fan base is stuck on, they dont see the reality of the business, I can't even call it game anymore, thats what I used to love about it, but it's a business more than a game now, and has been for a long time.
I hate the new era, I am old enough to remember when it was a game still and I miss it dearly.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
My reflexive response is to blast this as a gross over-payment to an egotistical mediocrity. Then, I think about how Kyler has made us his female pet dog every time he's played us.
JerryWorld = The House Kyler Owns :(

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly, the parade of excuses for Dak never ends,. He interited the best OL in 2016 and did nothing . empty stats and nice photo ops but folds like a cheap tent against good teams
Dak is now in a situation where he has a worse playoff record than tony romo , who had less talent to work with especially on the OL.

I agree with most of you guys, but what has our management done to help us get over the top? Absolutely nothing. They're happy with just playoff appearances. What did they do after 2016? All they did was what they did this offseason. Draft a few players and say, better luck next time boys. Cowboys management is not like the Eagles or Rams. Who are so obviously looking to win a title. Even if the Cowboys had Joe Burrow or Josh Allen it would still be hard to win a championship. We'd probably be like the Packers, good every year but never good enough.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jerry should have paid Dak when the issue of his contract extension first hit the table. Rather, he waited, a full season I believe, and end up paying him more, even though by now, it looks like a bargain.

The Cards should have made this deal last year, if they knew they were going to keep Murray.

I wish I was a just-enough quarterback who had my owner over hot lava and an open fire pit. :(

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That is the barrier that I think a lot of the fan base is stuck on, they dont see the reality of the business, I can't even call it game anymore, thats what I used to love about it, but it's a business more than a game now, and has been for a long time.
I hate the new era, I am old enough to remember when it was a game still and I miss it dearly.
Old Man's Burden.

Corso

Reaction score
Alright young buck you got me beat there.
Enjoy those years my friend, they are a blessed time of your life.
I'm wasting them like an anarchist huffing gasoline!
hqdefault.jpg

Corso

Reaction score
Crap. I just coerced myself into watching The Wraith from that post.
Done!
#Winning

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree with most of you guys, but what has our management done to help us get over the top? Absolutely nothing. They're happy with just playoff appearances. What did they do after 2016? All they did was what they did this offseason. Draft a few players and say, better luck next time boys. Cowboys management is not like the Eagles or Rams. Who are so obviously looking to win a title. Even if the Cowboys had Joe Burrow or Josh Allen it would still be hard to win a championship. We'd probably be like the Packers, good every year but never good enough.
Flamma, the only time this FO will wake up and make a change is when the NFC East turns upside down and no longer are our beloved and cherished Cowboys winning division titles.
I dont know, and nobody else knows either, we all have opinions, but Im just saying, and it would suc if you're a true Cowboy fan, but wonder what Jerry would finally do if say Philly took the Div title.
Seems the general fan base is content on just owning the weak east, but if thats all the hope I have is Div Crown rights, than maybe Jerry needs a shakeup, Stephen needs to be exposed as well.
I want this team to win the SB every year, but Im really getting pissed when I start feeling that its just a buisness.
Maybe pissed is the inappropriate word,, maybe really really disappointed is better.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah, just like years ago player played because they loved the game, and they loved winning. They had jobs outside of football. Danny White worked in an office building. Today it's strictly about the money for most players.

I would say the same about owners. You'll have a few that are sports competitive, but not most. Most are business minded. Might not even have liked sports growing up. They don't care about a championship. They want to make the most money possible. Since the NFL makes a ton of money, you're going to attract owners looking to make money, not necessarily looking to win. Same with most of the players.

Flamma

Reaction score
Flamma, the only time this FO will wake up and make a change is when the NFC East turns upside down and no longer are our beloved and cherished Cowboys winning division titles.
I dont know, and nobody else knows either, we all have opinions, but Im just saying, and it would suc if you're a true Cowboy fan, but wonder what Jerry would finally do if say Philly took the Div title.
Seems the general fan base is content on just owning the weak east, but if thats all the hope I have is Div Crown rights, than maybe Jerry needs a shakeup, Stephen needs to be exposed as well.
I want this team to win the SB every year, but Im really getting pissed when I start feeling that its just a buisness.
Maybe pissed is the inappropriate word,, maybe really really disappointed is better.

I believe Jerry wants to win. But Jerry was reckless if you remember. He made some good moves, but he made some terrible one's as well. I think it's his son that dialed him back. I think the system we're using now, is all his son. Jerry is a gambler and a competitor. I don't think his son is the same. Was he on any teams? Did he play football? Do we know?

Motorola

Reaction score
The business side of pro football\ professional sports was always there from the beginning - back to the late 19th - early 20th century - when pro baseball and football started, then flourished.
The seedy underbelly of wrongdoing, unethical conduct, shady dealings, mistreatment of athletes, fraud, etc. --always took place behind closed doors away from the public - and remained cloaked in secrecy for the most part until the sports press began to assert itself in revealing information about how sports are run away from the fields and courts of play.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I believe Jerry wants to win. But Jerry was reckless if you remember. He made some good moves, but he made some terrible one's as well. I think it's his son that dialed him back. I think the system we're using now, is all his son. Jerry is a gambler and a competitor. I don't think his son is the same. Was he on any teams? Did he play football? Do we know?
We have no clue what life will be like after Jerry finally turns in his ticket.
Not wishing any ill will at all, just saying, I dont know if this FO improves once Jerry is out of it.
SJ has done nothing other than Jerry suppression moments, nothing at all that is inspiring.

Flamma

Reaction score
We have no clue what life will be like after Jerry finally turns in his ticket.
Not wishing any ill will at all, just saying, I dont know if this FO improves once Jerry is out of it.
SJ has done nothing other than Jerry suppression moments, nothing at all that is inspiring.

We have a clue. His son has already stated that he would take less risk when Jerry is gone. It's puzzling because I don't see the Cowboys taking any risks now, so what does less risk look like?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The business side of pro football\ professional sports was always there from the beginning - back to the late 19th - early 20th century - when pro baseball and football started, then flourished.
The seedy underbelly of wrongdoing, unethical conduct, shady dealings, mistreatment of athletes, fraud, etc. --always took place behind closed doors away from the public - and remained cloaked in secrecy for the most part until the sports press began to assert itself in revealing information about how sports are run away from the fields and courts of play.
I hated SF for so many years, Eddie DeBartolo was the Mafia of the NFL at the time.
I hate SF forever because of that scum bag crime boss.... lol