Twitter: The Cardinals Just Made Kyler Murray The Second Highest Paid QB Per Year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We have a clue. His son has already stated that he would take less risk when Jerry is gone. It's puzzling because I don't see the Cowboys taking any risks now, so what does less risk look like?
Well there you go my friend, just utterly pussling indeed

terra

Reaction score
when I began to be a Cowboy fan (right after the SB loss to the Colts) making it to the NFC championship was EXPECTED every year. That held true until the mid 80's.

Now so called fans are fat and happy if we just win the division.

Those are the ones that keep Jerry in $100 bills and not really caring if we NEVER win another SB.

Flamma

Reaction score
when I began to be a Cowboy fan (right after the SB loss to the Colts) making it to the NFC championship was EXPECTED every year. That held true until the mid 80's.

Those are the ones that keep Jerry in $100 bills and not really caring if we NEVER win another SB.

You're right. Fans have acquired an owners mindset. The ones that don't are excoriated on these boards.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Just "stupid fan", continuing to buy the merch, most that do that have zero clue that here is actually a collective fan base on on internet forum, so lol, not even including members here, will not all members here.
I used to have a brand new slouch cap every year, often two, but nada, not anymore.
Its my one man stupid protest, but I need a little bit more from you Jerry, before I give you more than my life long Cowboys loyalty at this point.
We have been patient.

Motorola

Reaction score
I hated SF for so many years, Eddie DeBartolo was the Mafia of the NFL at the time.
I hate SF forever because of that scum bag crime boss.... lol
And yet - DeBartolo was shielded in the beginning by the sports press fawning over the "Football Genius" Bill Walsh.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Well, as a younger fan that wasn't so lucky, what am I supposed to do? Change teams? I'm not about to do that.

basel90

Reaction score
He sells tickets - that's what it amounts to. It is not about whether he can get them to the Super Bowl. He may never do that but people will buy a ticket to watch him play! They won't if you get an average QB who just sits back in the pocket even if you saved 30 mill per year and had the same end results.
winnig
I agree with most of you guys, but what has our management done to help us get over the top? Absolutely nothing. They're happy with just playoff appearances. What did they do after 2016? All they did was what they did this offseason. Draft a few players and say, better luck next time boys. Cowboys management is not like the Eagles or Rams. Who are so obviously looking to win a title. Even if the Cowboys had Joe Burrow or Josh Allen it would still be hard to win a championship. We'd probably be like the Packers, good every year but never good enough.
No argument here that Jerry and the FO office have been horrendous in putting together a super bowl winning roster. Their roster strategy and cap managment is terrible and now approaches the very sad group of NFL teams who have not been in the SB or CCG for 30 years ( Detroit, Washington , Cleveland , ( Cinci just got out of that ). The question here is a better QB than dak would have probably given the cowboys a better chance of breaking into the CCG in the past few years. last year we had the talent and a solid defense that held the 49ers to 23 points . but the offense only scored 17 points at home !! So Dak is not a difference maker and the clock is ticking on him. But overall you are right . we don't have a management that can put a super roster out there. Just look at the blunders with the zeke contract for example and D Law . Overpaid and under achieving.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Think like an owner, not like a fan. What's your goal? It's like any other business, to make your product popular, in order to make more money. Not a lot of owners primary focus is to win championships. They basically paid Murray so that they'll be in the playoffs every year. In a few years his contract will be more than paid for.
Murray has been in the league for 3 years. They made the playoffs once. They about to rip off 6 or 7 straight trips to the playoffs? Zero chance of that.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
not really , we have seen dak for 6 seasons now and one win in the playoffs and folding in imporant games . at the end the QB is either an asset or a liability .
Dak has not proven he can lead this team to the CCG or the SB yet. Watson is capable indeed. and kyler has 2 years to show what he can do.

This makes absolutely no sense. You say Dak has not proven he can lead a team to a CCG or SB yet, and follow up with Watson is capable indeed. Where do you get that from? Because Watson has not led his team to a CCG or SB yet either. Matter of fact Watson also has one win in the playoffs LOL

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL, that's what you saw?

Dak wasn't good. At all. He lost every game he played, and was losing before Dalton bailed him out in the Giants game.

He was down 44-14 to the Browns, then put up a ton of garbage times stats. That's his specialty. This was Baker Mayfield and the Browns, mind you.

Same for Atlanta, before the Falcons committed the most brain-dead play in NFL history.

He was inept in the Rams game.

He's an early-season, late-game statistics monger, and nothing more.

Well youre lying about the Giants because he definitely was up on them when he broke his ankle. But sure go on your tangent.

GINeric

Reaction score
Its a league wide pandemic, and once the Brady, Rodgers, Stafford's start hanging it up this league will really start looking and feeling different.
Thats why salary does not matter, but how the smart teams spend smart money.
I have no problem spending market price but part of that deal is getting market rate of return.
Seems there are several teams willing to pay more for securities, than return on investment.

You're mentioning Stafford in the same sentence as Rodgers and Brady??? Cmon bro....

GINeric

Reaction score
not really , we have seen dak for 6 seasons now and one win in the playoffs and folding in imporant games . at the end the QB is either an asset or a liability .
Dak has not proven he can lead this team to the CCG or the SB yet. Watson is capable indeed. and kyler has 2 years to show what he can do.

Dak has played 5 complete seasons with one playoff win, not great, correct???

Well when P. Manning and Brees only had ONE playoff win in their first 5 seasons, and didn't show the ability to lead their teams to the CCG or the SB yet, did you say these same things about them???

In no way am i saying Dak will have the careers they've had and I can't definitively say he won't..... but within his first 5 full seasons, he put out the same production they did, won the same amount of playoff games they did, and in some ways a little more production within that time frame.

So did you say the same thing about their one playoff win and inability to lead their teams to the CCG and SB within that first 5 seasons as well????

Flamma

Reaction score
Murray has been in the league for 3 years. They made the playoffs once. They about to rip off 6 or 7 straight trips to the playoffs? Zero chance of that.

That's the beauty of it. They don't have to go to the playoffs that many years in a row. Just a few playoff appearances as opposed to winning 5 or 6 games is a huge money maker. And now that you only need about 9 wins to make the playoffs in the NFC, it's not that hard. Teams were making the playoffs with 8 and 9 wins before they added the extra playoff team.

ESisback

Reaction score
Staubach became a real estate mogul worth $600 million, so not the best comparison.

But that’s my point! A lesser QB makes so much more, the irony being he’ll accomplish far less! It’s SUPPOSED TO BE a contrasting comparison.

erod

Reaction score
But that’s my point! A lesser QB makes so much more, the irony being he’ll accomplish far less! It’s SUPPOSED TO BE a contrasting comparison.
Just the result of football becoming more about marketing than football. We're a weak- minded and easily- manipulated populace.

Baseball and basketball are more ridiculous, not to mention soccer.

Sports are dead essentially. Winning is way down the list of priorities.

ESisback

Reaction score
Just the result of football becoming more about marketing than football. We're a weak- minded and easily- manipulated populace.

Baseball and basketball are more ridiculous, not to mention soccer.

Sports are dead essentially. Winning is way down the list of priorities.
All about the Benjamins!