The case for losing in KC serving the greater good

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
What. We have said it still counts as a loss. But it holds no in conference or divisional tiebreakers . Maybe it’s you who can’t comprehend what we’re saying. AFC are the least important games we play as a result of these factors .

I think after so many pages we can say we'll have to agree to disagree.

There are no "more or less important games". The NFL season is probably the shortest of all pro sports. It's not a hockey season and not even a soccer season. Every single game counts. That doesn't mean you can't lose a couple and still ramble through the play offs. But bottom line is, there is NO case at all for losing against KC serving the greater good. When it even comes to tie breaker games at the end of a season you have been given up just as important ones earlier that year. And yes, probably vs AFC teams too.

You can learn from a loss like you can learn from slipping on a banana peel and dunkin your face into a pile of dog ****. It better not happen again, but you'd rather have it not happen even once.

Losses will happen but it's ridiculous to open "the case" for a loss before that game has been played.

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
No offense, but I think that was Excuse Preparation......you're either contenders or pretenders, or not good at all, no other way about it.

CWR

Reaction score
Take a look at all those different teams that didn't advance beyond the division round over the last 25 years. 07 and 16 were different staffs when they had homefield then, what was the constant?

I get it, but it's not the same old Cowboys. This team is entirely different. We just don't know how they respond. I also would prefer not have multiple meaningless games at the end of the season. That said, it's likely to be a tight race, and hopefully they continue to have a reason to compete.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think after so many pages we can say we'll have to agree to disagree.

There are no "more or less important games". The NFL season is probably the shortest of all pro sports. It's not a hockey season and not even a soccer season. Every single game counts. That doesn't mean you can't lose a couple and still ramble through the play offs. But bottom line is, there is NO case at all for losing against KC serving the greater good. When it even comes to tie breaker games at the end of a season you have been given up just as important ones earlier that year. And yes, probably vs AFC teams too.

You can learn from a loss like you can learn from slipping on a banana peel and dunkin your face into a pile of dog ****. It better not happen again, but you'd rather have it not happen even once.

Losses will happen but it's ridiculous to open "the case" for a loss before that game has been played.
I’m not the one pleading for a loss is for the greater good . I’m just stating that AFC games don’t hold as much importance as divisional or conference games due to tiebreakers . Of course it still counts.

But the fact remains . And yes, due to tiebreakers within the division and conference there are some games more important than the others .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This particular game beyond the initial importance of any game is the hype surrounding the matchup of back to back Super Bowl team which in the minds of many fans and mediots a win would validate we are a serious SB contender.

But if we could pick the games over a season we’d rather lose it would be our AFC games which hold no tiebreakers implications in our division or conference. It’s very clear . That doesn’t mean some of the AFC wins don’t bode well for the hype and psych of our team, fans and the media. And of course count like any other game in the win and loss column except for exceptions mentioned.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This thread is still going? LOL

Remind me never to get into a competition with CouchCoach. Dude will take it to the end of the world. :cool:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is still going? LOL

Remind me never to get into a competition with CouchCoach. Dude will take it to the end of the world. :cool:
Hell, if posters would stop arguing with me, I'd just take my victory lap and move on.

Some misunderstood my intent and to make this even more of a CC's gone Bi-Polar, I just started another thread predicting the Cowboys win 38-27.

Vaqy, I got beat up pretty good in this thread but I did enjoy it. Especially the post suggesting I resign my moderator duties and leave the site for good. Ain't nothing as funny as serious people.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get it, but it's not the same old Cowboys. This team is entirely different. We just don't know how they respond. I also would prefer not have multiple meaningless games at the end of the season. That said, it's likely to be a tight race, and hopefully they continue to have a reason to compete.
The more meaningless games at the end of season mean we have our division and seeding wrapped up and can rest those players while not risking injury to others .

It’s the most optimal situation heading into the playoffs. A healthy strong rested team is most feared heading into the playoffs .

shabazz

Reaction score
Hell, if posters would stop arguing with me, I'd just take my victory lap and move on.

Some misunderstood my intent and to make this even more of a CC's gone Bi-Polar, I just started another thread predicting the Cowboys win 38-27.

Vaqy, I got beat up pretty good in this thread but I did enjoy it. Especially the post suggesting I resign my moderator duties and leave the site for good. Ain't nothing as funny as serious people.

I love this thread. It should be a sign that the team is doing well and we can debate little things like this. Too many serious threads out there already so these kind of discussions are a refreshing change from the others.

CWR

Reaction score
The more meaningless games at the end of season mean we have our division and seeding wrapped up and can rest those players while not risking injury to others .

It’s the most optimal situation heading into the playoffs. A healthy strong rested team is most feared heading into the playoffs .

That is a double edged sword. If a team sits for too long and is non competitive they are often very sluggish when the actual games starts. I'm hoping we fall somewhere in the middle and have a chance to rest key players briefly and without getting rusty of off synch.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is a double edged sword. If a team sits for too long and is non competitive they are often very sluggish when the actual games starts. I'm hoping we fall somewhere in the middle and have a chance to rest key players briefly and without getting rusty of off synch.
I hear ya but the fact coaches will rest key or lingering injured players in meaningless games speaks volumes and supports my assertion.

And why earning a bye can be so crucial .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welp....we lost. I sincerely hope you are right. A second wake up call.

My opinion is it is exactly what it appears....we're not as good as the best teams.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
In my opinion we can learn nothing from that game other than we're not at championship level. While the coaches of course will analyze the sh** out of this game I can't see where we got any lesson that can help us. Win against the Raiders and the Saints and this game could be nothing more than one more bump on the road to the play offs. Lose them and this game was the "had to happen at some point" crash everybody was hoping not to happen. Because we thought this team was more mature, consolidated and adapting with all that talent used in the best possible way.

So, let's put this offensive desaster behind us und attack the Raiders like a hungry pack of hyenas that hasn't eaten in a month.