The catch!

dallasdave

Reaction score
The way Dak spun away from the pressure, the great throw, the diving catch out of bounds, barely staying in bounds.... Long way to go... Reminded me of that play to keep us alive against the Seahawks in 2014. So clutch.
Great catch, great throw, this is how Dallas needs to play to win in the playoffs. Great win to go into the playoffs with, hope Dallas can build on the win, and go, go , go.

plymkr

Reaction score
I get it and agree with everything you said minus the catch. I don’t think whether Beasley caught it or not would have any bearing on how they’ll play next week. If Beasley dropped it do you think he would start dropping more passes than usual next week? Would Dak stop making great throws all of the sudden just due to Beasley dropping the ball?

Whatever though, we can respectfully agree to disagree, it’s over. We won due to a catch that apparently determined how we will play next week and the Giants moved up 4-5 draft spots. It’s a win win for both fan bases, that must be a first.

I also find it ironically and hyporitcal how many people tried to turn the Colts loss into a positive by saying things like “it didn’t matter, it wasn’t even a conference foe” or “they needed this so they’ll come out angry”. Now if Beasley didn’t catch it and we lost we would have lost all that momentum, erased 59 minutes of good offensive play and would have been doomed against Seattle :rolleyes:

Tell you right now, I think we’ll beat the hell out of Seattle and whether Beasley caught that ball or not wouldn’t have mattered in the slightest.
I agree with your point of view. No I don't think if Cole doesn't catch it we would lose all the momentum we established with Jarwin and Austin coming back and putting points on the board. But you kind of indirectly made the same point I did. After the Colts game we were saying it's not a big deal cuz of it being a non conference game. Rationalization of losses and trying to turn them into a positive is what losers do. Going out and winning games is what winners do. Tom Brady never said in a post game presser he didn't care about losing he was just excited no one got hurt. Dak wanted to win this game regardless of the standings. That's what we want in our team leader. That's what I'm pumped up about. So I agree with you if Cole doesn't catch it, it wouldn't have affected Dak's mentality of doing everything he can to win every game. It's just nice to win these games. And I like the sound of 10-6. Something about winning 10 or more games makes me feel good. And I agree we're going to smash Seattle next week.

aria

Reaction score
I agree with your point of view. No I don't think if Cole doesn't catch it we would lose all the momentum we established with Jarwin and Austin coming back and putting points on the board. But you kind of indirectly made the same point I did. After the Colts game we were saying it's not a big deal cuz of it being a non conference game. Rationalization of losses and trying to turn them into a positive is what losers do. Going out and winning games is what winners do. Tom Brady never said in a post game presser he didn't care about losing he was just excited no one got hurt. Dak wanted to win this game regardless of the standings. That's what we want in our team leader. That's what I'm pumped up about. So I agree with you if Cole doesn't catch it, it wouldn't have affected Dak's mentality of doing everything he can to win every game. It's just nice to win these games. And I like the sound of 10-6. Something about winning 10 or more games makes me feel good. And I agree we're going to smash Seattle next week.
Very much agree, the only thing I didn’t like about any of it is in my mind that catch helped the Giants much more than it helped us, that’s all I was trying to say but people get so easily offended unless it’s a popular viewpoint.

plymkr

Reaction score
Very much agree, the only thing I didn’t like about any of it is in my mind that catch helped the Giants much more than it helped us, that’s all I was trying to say but people get so easily offended unless it’s a popular viewpoint.
Gotcha, yeah it does suck we helped their draft position. Especially if they get some people to block for Barkley and Eli. Barkley is scary enough without blockers. But yeah it does suck helping the giants in any way.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Always liked Beas' game. We have a lot of weapons with our TE's coming on strong. Even when Coop is quiet, his presence alone allows our other parts to do their jobs effectively.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you not believe the Earth is flat? Evidence proves it is.
Yeah, because otherwise, the people in China would fall off the Earth!...........It's kinda strange though, how all the other objects in space are round. I guess that's why we're the center of the universe.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dick :grin:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Beasley made a monster catch !

Too bad that helped the Giants draft position . :(

Gotcha, yeah it does suck we helped their draft position. Especially if they get some people to block for Barkley and Eli. Barkley is scary enough without blockers. But yeah it does suck helping the giants in any way.

You guys are way over thinking it

Forget Draft position.... that is for Draft nerds like Kiper

We got a great player at 19 when all the Draftniks were whining about beating PHI last year

All that crying for nothing.......... real athletes play to win the game..... play Madden if you want to play GM

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Great catch, great throw, this is how Dallas needs to play to win in the playoffs. Great win to go into the playoffs with, hope Dallas can build on the win, and go, go , go.
Well said Dave! :flagwave:

plymkr

Reaction score
You guys are way over thinking it

Forget Draft position.... that is for Draft nerds like Kiper

We got a great player at 19 when all the Draftniks were whining about beating PHI last year

All that crying for nothing.......... real athletes play to win the game..... play Madden if you want to play GM
I don't know about overthinking it as much as having a friendly conversation. Not every post or conversation has to be a competition. Lighten up bro.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't know about overthinking it as much as having a friendly conversation. Not every post or conversation has to be a competition. Lighten up bro.
you are obsessing over a win and I need to lighten up..... child please

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm enjoying a win and you do need to lighten up. Have some fun, try it for a change
Don't worry about me player... I enjoyed last year's win over PHI

I don't cry over Draft position.....I can make it work wherever I pick....early, middle or late