MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1782299 said:
Boston 105, Golden State 82

Preview - Box Score - Recap

November 21, 2007

AP - Nov 21, 9:13 pm EST
More Photos

BOSTON (AP) -- Ray Allen scored 21 points, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett both had double-doubles, and the Boston Celtics beat the Golden State Warriors 105-82 Wednesday night for their sixth straight home victory.

Boston improved to 9-1 overall and has won its six home games by an average of 22 points. Garnett had 20 points and 10 rebounds, while Pierce added 19 points and 10 boards.

Golden State had its three-game winning streak snapped. The Warriors' starters began the night averaging 85.6 points, but were held to 43. Leading scorer Baron Davis finished with 13 points on 3-of-13 shooting while recording only four assists.

where was your update the other day when the celtics lost? btw Spurs 128-110 magic

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Lakers - Celtics tonight at 7:30. Would be sweet to get to 10-1 at Kobe's expense.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
http://boston.stats.com/nba/boxscore.asp?gamecode=2007112302&home=2&vis=13

Celtics breeze to 10-1 record.

To date no issues with any West Teams. Granted the Spurs are the best team in NBA, and time will tell in that NBA Final Matchup where Celts stand.

Boston 107, LA Lakers 94

By JIMMY GOLEN, AP Sports Writer
November 23, 2007

AP - Nov 23, 9:05 pm EST
More Photos

BOSTON (AP) -- Kevin Garnett had 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the new Big Three in its first game against the rival Lakers, and Paul Pierce added 20 points and nine assists to help the Boston Celtics beat Los Angeles 107-94 on Friday night.

Kobe Bryant scored 28 points for Los Angeles, which got no help from having California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger sitting courtside. Instead, the Celtics fired up the crowd for the renewal of the rivalry by putting a muscle-bound clip of Schwarzenegger's movie "Predator" on the scoreboard.

Kendrick Perkins had 21 points and nine rebounds for Boston, which improved to 10-1 overall and 7-0 at home. Ray Allen had 18 points, and Rajon Rondo 10 assists for the Celtics.

The Lakers scored eight straight points in the fourth quarter to get within single digits, 94-85, with 4:53 left. But Bryant missed one free throw at 96-86, and Perkins muscled his way to the basket at the other end, then got the rebound after putting a hand in Andrew Bynum's face.

After trading possessions, Rondo hit Allen for a 3-pointer. The Lakers cut it to 101-91, but Rondo found Garnett for the jumper, then Allen was fouled on the breakaway and hit both free throws with 52 seconds left to make it a 14-point game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Bryant was booed often by the crowd, which even mustered a "Beat L.A.!" chant reminiscent of the days when the old Boston Garden and the old Big Three of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish seemed to host the Lakers in the NBA finals every summer.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Make it 11-1..... Allen buries 3 at buzzer again

Boston 96, Charlotte 95

By MIKE CRANSTON, AP Sports Writer
November 24, 2007

AP - Nov 24, 8:38 pm EST
More Photos

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Ray Allen made a 3-pointer at the buzzer after Eddie House knocked away Jason Richardson's inbounds pass with 4.7 seconds left to give the Boston Celtics a 96-95 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday night.

Allen had missed 11 of his previous 14 shots in a flat performance for the Celtics, yet hit nothing but net on the jumper from the left wing, setting off a wild celebration for the Celtics, who won their third straight game and improved to 11-1.

Paul Pierce scored 23 points and Kevin Garnett had 23 points and 11 rebounds for the Celtics, who had gone more than 3 minutes without scoring until Allen's bucket.

Richardson had 25 points and Raymond Felton had 18 points and nine assists for the Bobcats, who lost their third straight game.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boston 96, Charlotte 95

November 24, 2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- While winning has become routine for the new-look Boston Celtics, this victory was different. It had the players huddled around the locker room TV, giggling like school kids as they watched it again.

And the replay was just as sweet.

Ray Allen made a 3-pointer at the buzzer after Eddie House knocked away Jason Richardson's inbounds pass with 4.7 seconds left, and the Celtics stunned the Charlotte Bobcats 96-95 on Saturday night.

"Ahhhhhhh," Paul Pierce said as the replay showed Allen's ball go through the net. "That's incredible. Just incredible."

If there's any doubt Boston is ready to put their struggles of recent years in the past, this was another indication.

The leprechaun returned to the Celtics' side.

Allen had missed 11 of his previous 14 shots in a flat performance for the Celtics, yet hit nothing but net on the jumper from the left wing, setting off a wild celebration for the Celtics, who won their third straight game and improved to 11-1.

"The minute Eddie touched the ball, it was like everything went into slow motion," Allen said. "The ball just came in the air in slow motion. The rest is history."

Pierce scored 23 points and Kevin Garnett had 23 points and 11 rebounds for the Celtics, who had gone more than 3 minutes without scoring until Allen's bucket.

"Give a shooter enough chances and eventually one will fall," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said.

Richardson had 25 points and Raymond Felton had 18 points and nine assists for the Bobcats, who lost their third straight.

"We handed them the game," Richardson said. "Stupid turnover on my behalf. I lost this game for my teammates."

AP - Nov 24, 10:14 pm EST
More Photos

A night after the Celtics cruised past the Los Angeles Lakers amid hype in Boston over a possible renewal of their 1980s rivalry, the Celtics had little energy against the fourth-year Bobcats, who were playing without injured top scorer Gerald Wallace.

With Allen struggling, they trailed at halftime for only the second time and the first since their lone loss to Orlando. Boston was down by five early in the fourth quarter, and made key mistakes down the stretch.

Down 95-93, Rajon Rondo threw the ball away with 1:12 left.

Felton had his shot blocked at the other end, but Pierce missed a straightaway 3-pointer. Felton lost the ball on the ensuing possession, leading to a shot clock violation with 16.6 seconds left.

Pierce then missed a foul-line jumper. The Celtics committed a foul, but were not over the limit. That forced Richardson to inbounds from the sideline in the backcourt.

"We were just trying to force somebody to catch it so we could foul," said House, a former Bobcat. "We were denying and it was close to 5 seconds. Richardson started leaning. I left Felton because he tossed it in the air. I just got my hand on it."

The ball landed in Pierce's hands. He found Allen, who never hesitated despite his subpar night.

"I had some toilet bowl shots. They went in and came back out. They went around the rim," Allen said. "I knew I was right there. It's not like it's not on."

There was a brief pause in the Celtics' celebration, as officials watched the replay, but Allen released the ball well before the buzzer.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics' improbable win in Charlotte brings back memories of the old days

November 25, 2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- The Boston Celtics have had plenty of game-winning shots in their storied history and their buzzer-beating win in Charlotte on Saturday night recalled some of the more remarkable ones.

It wasn't at the level of "Havlicek stole the ball," but the Celtics' improbable victory over the Hornets was one they won't soon forget and brought back the memories of the franchise's glory days.

ADVERTISEMENT

And with an 11-1 record, this team is on the way to joining the elite, sometimes-hated Celtics squads of the 1960s and '80s.

"Everybody is rooting against us. We're a team that everybody is talking about night in and night out," forward Paul Pierce said. "We've got the best record in the game. Everybody is going to be gunning for us."

The Celtics got the Bobcats' best shot Saturday night, even though Gerald Wallace, Charlotte's top scorer, was out with a strained right calf. The Bobcats had held the NBA's top shooting team to 44 percent from the field. They outrebounded them by seven. They had held Boston scoreless for more than 3 minutes at the end of the game.

Leading 95-93 with 4.7 seconds left, all Charlotte had to do was inbound the ball, get fouled and hit a couple of free throws to hand the Celtics their second loss.

Cue up the tape of late Celtics announcer Johnny Most on John Havlicek's clutch play in the 1965 Eastern Conference finals. The magic returned to the Celtics.

It started with Eddie House, who played the role of Havlicek -- or maybe Gerald Henderson in the 1984 NBA Finals or perhaps Larry Bird against Isiah Thomas in the '87 Eastern finals -- by knocking away Jason Richardson's inbounds pass.

The Celtics' leprechaun then helped out, as House's deflection landed in Pierce's hands. In the past, with a weaker cast around him, Pierce might have wheeled and forced up a low-percentage shot.

Instead, Pierce had weapons. He whipped a pass across the court Ray Allen, who was shooting 3-of-14, including 0-of-5 from 3-point range.

Allen unloaded a 3-pointer from the left wing just before the buzzer. Swish.

Celtics 96, Bobcats 95.

"It was like the whole play was in slow motion," Allen said.

Allen immediately jumped into reserve Glen Davis' arms. Davis carried Allen off the floor. Newly acquired big man Kevin Garnett celebrated with Pierce.

"It was great. It was good to be lucky, because we were not good tonight," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "We were lucky, but we'll take it."

And like the 1980s when Celtics fans were everywhere on the road with Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish, you could also hear plenty of fans cheering in Charlotte. Perhaps the Celtics fans around the country in hibernation since the ugly days of M.L. Carr, Rick Pitino and a parade of mediocre players have returned, too.

"It just shows that Celtics Nation is big," Pierce said.

The Celtics huddled around the TV in the locker room after the game, several players putting down the macaroni and cheese they were eating, to watch the replay.

"I just tried to get my hand on it," said House, a former Bobcat. "The rest was history. P got it, kicked to Ray, bam. For the win. That's what it's about."

The Celtics provided the Bobcats' with their first sellout of the season. Boston heads to Cleveland on Tuesday to play in front of another big crowd.

They're coming to see the new-look Celtics with the old-style swagger.

"I didn't hit a shot all night, but I got my hand on the ball when it mattered," House said. "Ray didn't hit a 3 all night, but he hit that big one when it counted. That's all the matters."

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celts lose in OT to Cavs on road.

Lebron is elevating his game and was hitting his shot tonight.

Ray Allen had about 30 but missed 2 critical free throws at end of regulation.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Nors;1794116 said:
Celts lose in OT to Cavs on road.

Lebron is elevating his game and was hitting his shot tonight.

Ray Allen had about 30 but missed 2 critical free throws at end of regulation.

LBJ is on my fantasy team. Woot!

thekavorka

Reaction score
Cleveland 109, Boston 104, OT

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James handed the Celtics' Big 3 loss No. 2.

Cleveland's superstar scored 38 points, hitting a crucial 3-pointer and all six free throws in overtime as the Cavaliers won their fourth straight, 109-104 over Boston and its heralded trio.

James, playing the best ball of his career, scored 11 points in OT as the defending Eastern Conference champions dropped the Celtics to 11-2 with one of their best all-around performances of the early season.

James added 13 assists and finished 14-of-15 from the line. Drew Gooden scored a season-high 24 points and Zydrunas Ilgauskas had 15 with 14 rebounds for Cleveland as the Cavs' top threesome outscored Boston's Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce 77-64.

Allen led the Celtics with 29 points on 10-of-25 shooting.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
another great loss by the Celtics.....:laugh1:

btw Nors.....keep focusing so hard on the regular season.....us Spurs fans will start bringing the thunder right around the Rodeo Road Trip, as to get into form for our 5th Championship Run.

Maybe if you can get out of the Leastern Conference alive, we will beat you in the Finals.

GO SPURS GO

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Biggems;1794620 said:
another great loss by the Celtics.....:laugh1:

btw Nors.....keep focusing so hard on the regular season.....us Spurs fans will start bringing the thunder right around the Rodeo Road Trip, as to get into form for our 5th Championship Run.

Maybe if you can get out of the Leastern Conference alive, we will beat you in the Finals.

GO SPURS GO

If the Spurs get there, hopefully the commish wont be there to bail the Spurs out like he did vs the Suns last season. :lmao2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Doomsday;1794631 said:
If the Spurs get there, hopefully the commish wont be there to bail the Spurs out like he did vs the Suns last season. :lmao2:

yeah, i forgot how stern made up that rule on the fly JUST to suspend amare and diaw! oh wait, thats right, that rule has been around for YEARS!! but i guess you were too ignorant to realize that. PS spurs won 3 out of 5 when amare and diaw WERE playing

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
I think Doc Rivers should always have TWO of the THREE Stars on the floor at all times. No reason for one of them to be out there while two is on the bench. And I'm very suprised they lost to Cleveland last night

MC KAos

Reaction score
Jerry Tagge;1796808 said:
Name 3 teams better? And please don't tell me one of them is the Mavericks.

spurs, suns, pistons, and maybe even the magic.

MC KAos

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1794852 said:
I think Doc Rivers should always have TWO of the THREE Stars on the floor at all times. No reason for one of them to be out there while two is on the bench. And I'm very suprised they lost to Cleveland last night

its an 82 game season, if i was a celtics fan i would want them to rest as much as possible so they are fresh come playoff time. of course they dont realize this, so theyll win over 62 games and be burned out come playoffs time and loose in the second round, book it.