The Celtics are Nasty!

MC KAos

Reaction score
i looked at the future schedule for the celtics, i wouldnt be surprised if they got to 30-5 and people will start talking about them winning 70, but then when they start going on western conference swings we will see how good they really are, it will be interesting to see

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1814273 said:
i looked at the future schedule for the celtics, i wouldnt be surprised if they got to 30-5 and people will start talking about them winning 70, but then when they start going on western conference swings we will see how good they really are, it will be interesting to see

I looked at a East vs. West overall record recently and the difference was very minimally slanted to West.

The Celtics are a Tsunami that those on West might need be best to brace for. At some point teams winning at a near 90% clip need to be dealt with.....

BTW - Celtics are undefeated against Western conference YTD - and 20% of schedule in.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1814320 said:
I looked at a East vs. West overall record recently and the difference was very minimally slanted to West.

The Celtics are a Tsunami that those on West might need be best to brace for. At some point teams winning at a near 90% clip need to be dealt with.....

BTW - Celtics are undefeated against Western conference YTD - and 20% of schedule in.

you keep saying "20% of the schedule is in" but in that 20%, they havent played the spurs, suns, mavs, pistons, rockets, or jazz, hell even when they played the magic they got beat. im trying to be as objective as i can here, celtics are good, but they havent played any elite teams, its a fact, quit being a homer.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Nors;1726665 said:
Garnett is a beast out there - and running the court. Pierce can break you down off the dribble and score. And Ray Allen is 2nd best 3 point shooter in NBA history. I don't see this team getting stopped.

Even crazier is they are buying in to play defense.....

As a Suns fan, I grow more sick as I watch Boston succeed knowing we had a chance at acquiring Garnett but the Suns brass just didn't want to sacrafice the Hawks pick in next years draft and have a higher payroll.

That move potentially cost us a championship. And no I don't believe the Suns would have had to give Amare to acquire KG. Maybe that's what Boston asked for but if the suns had countered with the Hawks pick, that might have been enough.

MC KAos

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1816244 said:
As a Suns fan, I grow more sick as I watch Boston succeed knowing we had a chance at acquiring Garnett but the Suns brass just didn't want to sacrafice the Hawks pick in next years draft and have a higher payroll.

That move potentially cost us a championship. And no I don't believe the Suns would have had to give Amare to acquire KG. Maybe that's what Boston asked for but if the suns had countered with the Hawks pick, that might have been enough.

with KG or without, the suns still cant beat the spurs.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1816890 said:

I totally disagree with that - Suns with KG are a beast team.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics now 16-2

Up 40 when they pulled starters.....

Boston 112, Toronto 84

Preview - Box Score - Recap

December 7, 2007

AP - Dec 7, 9:01 pm EST

BOSTON (AP) -- Kevin Garnett scored 23 points and the Boston Celtics improved to 10-0 at home with a 112-84 win over the Toronto Raptors on Friday night.

Paul Pierce had 18 points and Ray Allen 13 for Boston (16-2), which is off to the NBA's best start and its best home mark since opening the 1984-85 season 12-0.

The Celtics broke it open early. Boston has won all but one of its home games by double digits so far -- eight by 20 points or more.

None of the Celtics' starters played the final quarter or saw 30 minutes of action.

Anthony Parker led the injury-riddled Raptors with 13 points. T.J. Ford, Joey Graham and Juan Dixon had 12 apiece.

With the Raptors missing Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani, two of their better inside players, the Celtics were able to work the ball down low easily and pull away in the second quarter.

The Celtics made nine of 15 shots in the quarter and hit 15 of 17 free throws. Allen scored nine points during an 11-2 run midway into the quarter that pushed Boston's advantage to 49-28.

The Celtics led 62-40 at halftime and, with Garnett scoring the first six of the second half, they pushed it to 70-40 on Rajon Rondo's fastbreak layup 2:06 into the third. They led 91-55 after three.

Brian Scalabrine nailed a 3-pointer midway into the fourth that made it 99-62 and prompted the sellout crowd of 18,624 to chant his last name.

Notes

Neither Bosh (strained right groin) nor Bargnani (hyperextended left knee) were with the team. ... Raptors coach Sam Mitchell played with Garnett for seven years in Minnesota and remembered his work ethic fondly. "Kevin wanted to win every practice, every shooting contest, everything," he said before the game. "Kevin wanted to score 50 on me in practice., but it made me better." ... Toronto scored a season-high 123 points in its previous game, a loss at home against Phoenix on Wednesday. ... Allen hit a 3-pointer with 2.6 seconds left in OT to give Boston a 98-95 win in the teams' last meeting on Nov. 4. ... The Celtics are in Chicago on Saturday night. They have lost their last eight games against the Bulls.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i was about to say this was an impressive win, then i looked up and saw "neither bosh or bargani were with the team" and im still not impressed by anyone they have beaten

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
The Celtics haven't played anyone yet are ranked higher than the Suns in the power rankings. The Eastern conference is a joke The Suns are 11-1 against the Eastern conference and the only team they lost to was the Atlanta Hawks. Boston hasn't played Chicago, Detroit, San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, Utah, New Orleans or Houston. Their toughest opponent thus far has been Cleveland who the split with. I'm not saying Boston may not be worth the hype but they have done nothing to prove they are one of the elite teams in the NBA. Imagine if San Antonio or Phoenix played in the Eastern Conference....70 wins easy!

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
MC KAos;1816890 said:

With KG, they could contend with the Spurs. It would give us another inside scoring threat and a person who has a proven track record of defending Duncan well.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Historically, it's cool," Garnett said. "It's good, but the focus here is to be consistent and build towards something -- postseason basketball."

The Celtics broke it open early. Boston has won all but one of its home games by double digits so far -- eight by 20 points or more.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
They are not only winning games - they are crushing teams.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1817892 said:
they are acting like the pats and blowing out bottom feeder teams. they haven't played anybody decent yet except orlando and they lost to orlando.

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
Yeah.. I think they are good now but wait until Pierce's ego kicks in, then we won't have all smiles. It's only a matter of time until two of three say they aren't getting their points. Not enough balls to go around for the three of them.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Nors;1817892 said:

the spurs didn't really crush anybody last year, but they have the trophy.

so, this matters why?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
clutch;1818198 said:
Exactly. Win by 1 or win by 40.. doesn't matter. Consistancy is the key.

Thanks for making my point,

The Celtics are consistently winning by a lot!